New taycan 40 thousand questions

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
So, just picked up my taycan 4s, love it, but have so many questions for owners
What's up with the USB ports in the console, doesn't fit my iPhone USB cord?
Have you powered your iPhone wireless? Not sure how.
Not a question, but turn off ac and you get a magical extra 20 miles of range.
So tomorrow I will really study this car, tired from a flight, but would love insight, range looks awesome, started with 201 miles of range, drove 140 miles and still have 160 miles left, did do a goggle map drive so combo of roads and speeds, first drive of a EV, so interesting, from the stopping of the auto regen to the pull of lane assist and haven't even configured anything yet.
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Phones with wireless charging can be placed in the holder located in the middle armrest.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Congratulations - looks awesome!
USB-C ports as far as I understand. Your standard iPhone charging cable is regular USB

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Phones with wireless charging can be placed in the holder located in the middle armrest.
[/
thanks, I did that,I have an iPhone x, not new, not old. Anybody else have that model or newer and how did they do it?

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Congratulations - looks awesome!
USB-C ports as far as I understand. Your standard iPhone charging cable is regular USB
So need a USB-c cord, thanks, didn't know I needed that

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, just picked up my taycan 4s, love it, but have so many questions for owners
What's up with the USB ports in the console, doesn't fit my iPhone USB cord?
Have you powered your iPhone wireless? Not sure how.
So tomorrow I will really study this car, tired from a flight, but would love insight, range looks awesome, started with 201 miles of range, drove 140 miles and still have 160 miles left, did do a goggle map drive so combo of roads and speeds, first drive of a EV, so interesting, from the stopping of the auto regen to the pull of lane assist and haven't even configured anything yet.

Ahh, the joy of young love! Congrats and have fun

Crazy about the range. I assume you were driving normally, not conservatively.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
There is a lot to learn. Be sure to set up Porsche Connect to get all of the features activated. Download the "Charging NA" app to get your free 30 minute Electrify America sessions. I'm leaving in the morning to drive from Connecticut to Georgia. I'll spend a night in Durham. Fingers crossed that the Porsche Charger Planner and Intelligent Range Manager work.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
First congrats and hope you are loving your car.

As covered you will need a USB C->lightening cable to connect/charge. But it is a faster charger. You can put it in the wireless holder towards the driver side, but then you connect with Bluetooth for now (until Wireless CarPlay is enabled). From my tests it seems there is a cellular antenna connection in the wireless cradle, as the car is well RF shielded and putting the phone in the wireless slot seems to improve the cellular reception.

If you have AC on it will reduce your range as it is accounting for the climate control use on the traction battery. This is the single largest non drivetrain impact on range depending on outside temperature.

Keep playing and asking. Definitely go through the settings menu. Depending on what page you are on the “...” on the right hand side of the main display has settings about that feature.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you need an USB-C to Lightening cable for CarPlay access - you can use wireless charging and bluetooth if you don’t need/want CarPlay - the only reason to get a “cable” for the iPhone is carplay - and slighty faster charging for the phone vs. wireless charging.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Not magic. Just physics. Just like a gasoline car.

Congrats, and welcome to the EV world.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
thanks, I did that,I have an iPhone x, not new, not old. Anybody else have that model or newer and how did they do it?
First of all congratulations. You will love the car. There is a lot to learn and there are many features and settings that can be personalised. It is nice to play around with all of them to learn how you like it. I found it very important to log in to my Porsche and make sure I downloaded the connect app and the charge app. I also have the Good to know app and that is in English rather than my printed manual which is in French ? .

I have an iPhoneX and it works just fine with he wireless charger. As others have mentioned you will miss out on CarPlay for now, which only works with the cable. It is nicely held in place in the storage space.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
So need a USB-c cord, thanks, didn't know I needed that
So all iPhone owners, get
you need an USB-C to Lightening cable for CarPlay access - you can use wireless charging and bluetooth if you don’t need/want CarPlay - the only reason to get a “cable” for the iPhone is carplay - and slighty faster charging for the phone vs. wireless charging.
got any tips on how to setup the wireless charging on an iPhone?
Sponsored