Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did the same on my Tesla for $4k in so cal. It’s a job that can be done cheaply but costs more if they remove and replace pieces during the process.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Docgold

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Sure.
That looks great. Super helpful as I have been debating front end PPF with ceramic over everything vs. xpel stealth on the whole car. Can I ask where in Chicago you had it done? That's a great price for the whole car.
Hey. I can get you the guys contact if you want. He came to my garage and did it there. He does them at the local dealerships too. He gives me a good deal since I’ve used him for multiple cars, but given the current situation may he’d do the same price....?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
That is a beautiful looking car! Just really stunning with the 'matte finish' wrap. The trunk overwrap should not be there. You can cut the wrap right at the edge so you can't see it - that was the only part I didn't like. I've got all 'edge wraps' on my car - shown in the pic here - and it's held up beautifully on the racetrack for 8 years.

OP
OP

Docgold

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
That is a beautiful looking car! Just really stunning with the 'matte finish' wrap. The trunk overwrap should not be there. You can cut the wrap right at the edge so you can't see it - that was the only part I didn't like. I've got all 'edge wraps' on my car - shown in the pic here - and it's held up beautifully on the racetrack for 8 years.
Thanks Vim - I agree, not sure why he left the edge there. I'll have to ask him. You pic didn't come through? thx

Gbnj

First Name
Gurvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Range Rover
Country flag
Ahhhhh.... beautiful!!!!
You beat me to it. My Volcano grey turbo is currently on the cargo ship Goodwood, about a day out from port. Already told my dealer to send it to get the xpel stealth Wrap before I take delivery. Your car confirms I made the right decision

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
C0BB5B42-24B0-4C75-94E5-D48613BAF57C.jpeg

Thanks, Vim - I agree, not sure why he left the edge there. I'll have to ask him. Your pic didn't come through? thx
Vim and Doc,

PPF installers will try to wrap edges when possible for added coverage. That said, PPF is much thicker than vinyl (color-changing material) as it's 8-10mil thick versus vinyl is typically 2-3mil thick. When you're dealing with much thicker material, it can't stretch or wrap quite as much which is why there is the exposed edge in the image above.

Ahhhhh.... beautiful!!!!
You beat me to it. My Volcano grey turbo is currently on the cargo ship Goodwood, about a day out from port. Already told my dealer to send it to get the XPEL stealth Wrap before I take delivery. Your car confirms I made the right decision
Awesome! Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH for your Taycan! Please post pictures in the thread when completed so we can all check it out.

OP
OP

Docgold

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Ahhhhh.... beautiful!!!!
You beat me to it. My Volcano grey turbo is currently on the cargo ship Goodwood, about a day out from port. Already told my dealer to send it to get the xpel stealth Wrap before I take delivery. Your car confirms I made the right decision
great! enjoy. I'm super happy with it - and easier to keep looking clean too...

OP
OP

Docgold

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Vim and Doc,

PPF installers will try to wrap edges when possible for added coverage. That said, PPF is much thicker than vinyl (color-changing material) as it's 8-10mil thick versus vinyl is typically 2-3mil thick. When you're dealing with much thicker material, it can't stretch or wrap quite as much which is why there is the exposed edge in the image above.

Awesome! Thank you for choosing XPEL STEALTH for your Taycan! Please post pictures in the thread when completed so we can all check it out.
[/QUOTE]
thx for the info XPEL - so you're saying my installer did it correctly?

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Vim and Doc,

thx for the info XPEL - so you're saying my installer did it correctly?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that looks spot on. Installers will wrap edges when possible.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ahhhhh.... beautiful!!!!
Did you choose who is doing the wrap?

I highly recommend you choose the company, don't trust your dealership to put a good wrap on. I don't think I've ever seen a very good wrap from a dealership, they usually just send it to someone they know ("oh hey, my cousin Frankie works at Bins o' Cheapo Film, let's send it there!") or that will kick them back some of the profit.

How the wrap is applied makes all the difference in the world.

OP, love it! Beautiful.

Gbnj

First Name
Gurvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Range Rover
Country flag
Did you choose who is doing the wrap?

I highly recommend you choose the company, don't trust your dealership to put a good wrap on. I don't think I've ever seen a very good wrap from a dealership, they usually just send it to someone they know ("oh hey, my cousin Frankie works at Bins o' Cheapo Film, let's send it there!") or that will kick them back some of the profit.

How the wrap is applied makes all the difference in the world.

OP, love it! Beautiful.
Thanks for the input.
I ended up going with a recommendation from a mechanic friend that rents out exotics. He's had this company wrap several of his cars, so I'm going with them. Took delivery of my turbo today, its headed fro wrap on Tuesday.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
@Docgold I'd love the recommendation on your local Chicago team.
Sponsored