nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
It highly depends on tires used so this test is pretty much useless.
I, for instance, have Pirelli P-Zero Elect tires on mine (factory mounted).
That "Elect" says it all.
It's a tire especially designed for high performance EV's and it's designed with noise reduction in mind.
Would love to see a test about those...
IMG-20200401-WA0009~2.jpg
Totally agreed on different tires providing different results/experiences. Seems like his review has the factory stock Michelin PS4 NF0s which are summers. I wonder if the all seasons would yielded a different result.

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t hear much wind noise in the Taycan, the only car that has less air flow noise is the i8. I hear the tires a little bit, but I am used to hearing even more aggressive tire noise from stickier tires. Right now I have all season performance tires (how it came). I am sure if I switch to full on summer performance I’ll hear more tire noise. You can select tires that are quieter but you will most likely lose a bit of grip.
Did you get the software update? Seemed like one of the release notes somewhere on the forum alluded to the new code improving the motor noise level.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Did you get the software update? Seemed like one of the release notes somewhere on the forum alluded to the new code improving the motor noise level.
I have had no updates since Feb. Improve how? You mean artificial or real sound!

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had no updates since Feb. Improve how? You mean artificial or real sound!
Hi - I saw in the release notes the software update ‘improved’ the real motor sound. The notes were somewhere on the forum - let me see if I can find.

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi - I saw in the release notes the software update ‘improved’ the real motor sound. The notes were somewhere on the forum - let me see if I can find.
Sorry - it was front axle noise that is supposed to improve.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan interior noise level test - Bjorn Nyland 1590260550421

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Sorry - it was front axle noise that is supposed to improve.

1590260550421.jpeg
thanks that’s different I believe. I was referring to the real motor drive sound and I like that sound, it’s real feedback.

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I bypassed the extra fancy glass and instead plan to get the film installed. We'll see if I regret it.
drii, did you get your Taycan film installed? Does it help reduce the exterior noise?
Sponsored