First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
So all iPhone owners, get

got any tips on how to setup the wireless charging on an iPhone?
There is nothing to do to set up wireless charging. If you have an iPhone 8, XR, XS, XS Max or 11 you simply slide it in the slot in the center console by the driver (towards the driver, there is a retaining bracket) and it will charge wirelessly. But without Wireless CarPlay enabled you won’t have CarPlay. If you want that you have to plug it in for now which means wireless charging is not needed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Tried my first EA charger today, first one didn't work, called them, ended up using the one next to it, but they were super nice, so if one doesn't work, just try another, easiest fix, side note, every time you use your credit card it puts a 50.00 hold on it.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
There is nothing to do to set up wireless charging. If you have an iPhone 8, XR, XS, XS Max or 11 you simply slide it in the slot in the center console by the driver (towards the driver, there is a retaining bracket) and it will charge wirelessly. But without Wireless CarPlay enabled you won’t have CarPlay. If you want that you have to plug it in for now which means wireless charging is not needed.
Ok, I will try it again. Drove 150 miles with it like that and the phone went dead

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Ok, I will try it again. Drove 150 miles with it like that and the phone went dead
Listen for the ping when you put it in place to indicate its charging. If you connect via Bluetooth you will get audio and will see phone status.

Tried my first EA charger today, first one didn't work, called them, ended up using the one next to it, but they were super nice, so if one doesn't work, just try another, easiest fix, side note, every time you use your credit card it puts a 50.00 hold on it.
Curious why didn’t you use the charging app from Porsche at EA? You get 30 min free, you just drive up, use the app to start the charging and no need for CC, etc.

Yeah they are nice on the phone, but do not take repair or uptime seriously at all. Its all lip service. I suggest contact Porsche customer service and report.

They are not in the hospitality business, they are in the “charge my darned car” business.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Do you have the Good to know app for the Taycan? It is described there quite well. Here is a screenshot from the app.

Porsche Taycan New taycan 40 thousand questions C633FD2D-90C2-4EBC-9D66-2322FDFB40F8

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Next question, anyone have a taycan 4s with sport plus mode, might be true about not having it unless you have the chrono, can't find it.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
It might have been driver error, trying again, I want to thank everyone for all the help, need to slow down and take my time, this thing will fly if it had wings :)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
nothing needs to be setup to my knowledge - if your iPhone has wireless charging - you simply place it face-out in the center console in the “holster” - and the iPhone will magically charge - and if you pair it with the car via bluetooth it all “just works” and your iPhone charges - if you want carplay you have to use a USB-C to lightening cable - and you don’t use wireless charging cause you get power from the cable - I happen to like carplay so the wireless charging is of little value to me.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
one of these might be useful

https://www.amazon.com/JSAUX-Adapte...d=1&keywords=usb-c+toys&qid=1590264142&sr=8-5

this a USB-C to USB-A (legacy USB) adatper - these MIGHT let you plug in legacy USB flash drives or USB devices - but I have not tested these - but something like this will probably let you use existing USB cables rather than acquiring new USB-C cables.

again I have not tested these with the Taycan— but they have worked every where else I’ve used them - YMMV

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
So need a USB-c cord, thanks, didn't know I needed that
Porsche Taycan New taycan 40 thousand questions 9F8BADB7-CF1D-4181-8757-E030DBD6C647
Porsche Taycan New taycan 40 thousand questions BF24B6F6-528A-4DA0-AA2E-30BD2A08B3FC
Porsche Taycan New taycan 40 thousand questions EB4503F4-E5AA-4E2C-8CD3-28FC816FD916
Porsche Taycan New taycan 40 thousand questions 3576FDF1-4CD6-4CEE-8E57-B42C0F15BA30

This is a cable for the Taycan provided by Porsche. My sales rep tossed it to me one day, so I have not looked at pricing or availability. It is heavy duty (well made) and is a permanent fixture in my Taycan.
It comes in the cool little box, is a USB-C cable with built in adapters for iPhone and USB. A must-have in my book.

Cheers and Congratulations!!

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Congrats! And please more pics

You have as far as I know the first Taycan with the basic 19" wheels on this forum. Which I ordered too. That is the first real life pic of those rims that I've seen anywhere!

So would definitely appreciate more pics.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats! And please more pics

You have as far as I know the first Taycan with the basic 19" wheels on this forum. Which I ordered too. That is the first real life pic of those rims that I've seen anywhere!

So would definitely appreciate more pics.
The latest featured review in the forum is of a car with the same wheels. Good view of them. The reviewer doesn’t like them, but I do and also ordered them.