Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, it looks like there is another boat waiting to go to Emden, the Columbia Highway. Expected to be there on 5/28. My car is expected to leave Emden on 5/29 for the West Coast, so I am guessing that is where that boat eventually goes.
It would appear that my 4S is scheduled on the Columbia Highway. FINALLY!!!!!!
Sponsored

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
FYI, for all those boys (sorry, if I’ve missed the better gender hanging around this site) waiting for their toys on the good ship Goodwood, it has just left Port Jacksonville with an ETA in Houston of 6:00 pm next Tuesday.

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
FYI, for all those boys (sorry, if I’ve missed the better gender hanging around this site) waiting for their toys on the good ship Goodwood, it has just left Port Jacksonville with an ETA in Houston of 6:00 pm next Tuesday.
That’s great news. Ahead of schedule! Thanks for the update. Hoping for a delivery the first week of June. After so many delays I’m not going to celebrate until it’s actually in my garage but the outlook is much better than 2 weeks ago.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did they tell you that? Or are you hoping the way I am ;$

I don’t know if the Houston ship also goes to the west coast. Kind of makes sense, but I also seen where ships stop at Houston after doing an east coast tour.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did they tell you that? Or are you hoping the way I am ;$

I don’t know if the Houston ship also goes to the west coast. Kind of makes sense, but I also seen where ships stop at Houston after doing an east coast tour.
No, I do not have direct confirmation yet. Porsche's system shows a departure from Emden date of 29-May, so I am adding two and two! I expect to get confirmation early next week.

From what I've seen of other posts, it seems the boat makes 2-3 stops along the east cost before hitting Houston. I didn't look closely at ports of call when checking the VW Logistics site, but it would make sense for the boat to transit the Panama Canal and head to the West Coast.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes!!!!
I’m going into sign paperwork next week to make delivery as easy as possible once it gets trucked up from Houston, clear mask and ceramic coat. Hopefully can get the charger then too. I need to hang hooks to keep the charging cord off the garage floor. But I’m guessing the charger is inside the vehicle.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The charger was in the trunk in a black cloth carry bag on the Turbo S we test drove.

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
Finally got confirmation today that my 4S now has an ‘actual date’ of May 11th for V260. Scheduled for V300 on 5/29. Expected date for exiting Benicia is 8/7. Looks like I’ll get it before summer is totally over at least.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally got confirmation today that my 4S now has an ‘actual date’ of May 11th for V260. Scheduled for V300 on 5/29. Expected date for exiting Benicia is 8/7. Looks like I’ll get it before summer is totally over at least.
My car is also headed to Benecia. Did they tell you when your car is supposed to be leaving Emden?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My order for a 4s was also placed the first day it could ordered. Original delivery date was late April, than May 2. Corona hit and delivery was changed to mid June. Once the factory reopened I called PCNA and I was told the car was scheduled to be built the end of May and I would have it mid July. The latest info. as of this week is that the car will now be complete on June 15 and be at the dealer on August 28. Needless to say, I have little faith in any of the dates and it will show up at some point in time. Hopefully with a mid June build it will already have wireless carplay and possibly some other upgrades included.
My original delivery was yesterday, but after COVID and shutdown it’s now 7/31. Was at my dealer today (my SA has been fantastic) and he said that while dates can still move around, there’s wiggle room for it to possibly come in sooner. He just got in a Frozen Blue 4S and a white Turbo, but I’m going to wait for my custom 4S build.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No, I do not have direct confirmation yet. Porsche's system shows a departure from Emden date of 29-May, so I am adding two and two! I expect to get confirmation early next week.

From what I've seen of other posts, it seems the boat makes 2-3 stops along the east cost before hitting Houston. I didn't look closely at ports of call when checking the VW Logistics site, but it would make sense for the boat to transit the Panama Canal and head to the West Coast.
Ugggg.
Well, the Columbia Highway is now scheduled in Emden on 6/10 instead of 5/28.
It has been sitting in the same place for over a month, so it is waiting to get permission to go to the port.

Did you delivery date change?

I am guessing that was the ship, I haven't looked to see if there are others expected in to port soon - there wasn't a month ago, but haven't rechecked yet.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...371172000/imo:9442873/vessel:COLUMBIA_HIGHWAY

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ugggg.
Well, the Columbia Highway is now scheduled in Emden on 6/10 instead of 5/28.
It has been sitting in the same place for over a month, so it is waiting to get permission to go to the port.

Did you delivery date change?

I am guessing that was the ship, I haven't looked to see if there are others expected in to port soon - there wasn't a month ago, but haven't rechecked yet.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...371172000/imo:9442873/vessel:COLUMBIA_HIGHWAY
Reg,

Was informed this morning that my car is supposed to be on-board the Mediterranean Highway. I just checked MarineTraffic.com and it shows the vessel departed Emden at 00:31 LT (UTC +2). No info on arrival times in Houston as yet. I'll get more detail on Thursday as my Sales Advisor returns to the office that day.

Excitement rising!!!

Toby

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg,

Was informed this morning that my car is supposed to be on-board the Mediterranean Highway. I just checked MarineTraffic.com and it shows the vessel departed Emden at 00:31 LT (UTC +2). No info on arrival times in Houston as yet. I'll get more detail on Thursday as my Sales Advisor returns to the office that day.

Excitement rising!!!

Toby
thanks for that update. that is great to hear!

As of this morning I was still at the port, so maybe I hopped on that if it also heads to the west coast.
But looking at the old shipping schedules, that doesn't seem to be a normal route - but maybe with with COVID, things changed to be more efficient with fewer shipping.

hoping, hoping, hoping.

edit.
Did you try entering your VIN into the bill of lading field on this website?

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps/?f...cean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage

some people said even though the car was on the boat, it wasn't updated for them, but if it shows up, then it does tell you something.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reg,

I was informed by my Sales Advisor that my car is indeed on the Mediterranean Highway which departed Emden this past Tuesday. Current schedules show it to be arriving in Houston on the 19th of June and I should be able to put my hands on it 3-5 days later in Fort Worth.

The car is taking a stately 14.7 knot cruise across the Atlantic, and is currently in the Irish Sea according to marinetraffic.com

Toby
Sponsored