daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
if they are only 50 kW welcome to pointless…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ok maybe this will be useful…
EVgo will install, operate, and maintain the network of 350 kW charging stalls for Pilot Company and GM at up to 500 Pilot and Flying J travel centers across more than 40 states.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'd love to see a proposed map of sites. For reference, EA has ~750 current sites, and Tesla has about 1,400 as far as I can tell. Assuming this expansion happens and Tesla opens their superchargers in the near future in the US as well, we could be going from a fairly sparse number of charging stations to a potential overabundance very quickly. Of course, it may very well be needed as EV sales are spiking at the same time.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
The more chargers the better! EVs will continue to grow as a percentage of vehicles on the road. Took my first EV road trip the other week and while I was able to charge at every planned stopping point there were at least 1-2 chargers unavailable at each charger, which would've been a problem if I were traveling at a busier time and not able to just move over.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
There are a fair number of EVGO chargers in Colorado, and at least around here, they are rock solid. I cannot think of a single time where I had any issues which is a lot more than I can say about EA. If EVGO can continue to deliver chargers that work reliably, this could be a good addition.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Is EVGo part of the EA network? Or just owned by EA?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are a fair number of EVGO chargers in Colorado, and at least around here, they are rock solid. I cannot think of a single time where I had any issues which is a lot more than I can say about EA. If EVGO can continue to deliver chargers that work reliably, this could be a good addition.
50 kW or 350 kW?

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Wow 350kW? I've never seen an EVSlow station > 50kW.
Being familiar with some EVgo sites on the east coast, It's true most EVgo chargers are low power however, their newer deployments are up to date with power and speed; Jacksonville Fl having (4) 350kW and (2) 100 kW units. One of the 350kW chargers is down which is par for EVgo. In Norfolk Va there are (2) 200 kW chargers but both are down more than up. and never deliver rated power. CCS charger reliability seems to be poor for all vendors and repair services are no where to be found.
Having said the bad news, I have been on a handful of multiday extended road trips and have never had to wait or had difficulity charging either at E.A. or EVgo sites; the redundancy of multiple chargers provided success dispite some dead equipment.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
I hope EVGO uses improved chargers relative to what EA uses. While on the one hand I’ve had no connection issues now for a long time, on the other my local EA chargers (both 150kw and 350kw) charge at 40-50KW max when it’s over 100 degrees here in Phoenix.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope EVGO uses improved chargers relative to what EA uses. While on the one hand I’ve had no connection issues now for a long time, on the other my local EA chargers (both 150kw and 350kw) charge at 40-50KW max when it’s over 100 degrees here in Phoenix.
it may only be the heat indirectly - the power companies might be "limiting" the draw of these chargers due to high-load on the grid…

there are about 12,569,235,790,239 reasons/variables that any given charge rate is happening - there is no information provided by the vehicle or the CCS charger that allows one to diagnose as to _WHY_ there is any given charge rate being limited by one of the myriad of variables that can affect maximum charge rate…

it is equally likely your charge rate is "low" due to heat and the charger is managing it's local thermal limits as it is that the charger is co-operating with the local grid provider and limiting max charge rate because 'the grid' is asking it to - the car could also be limiting the charge rate to managed it's local battery thermals…

with out detailed logs one can not determine why you're not getting max charge rate for any given charging session.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've never had EVSlow fail me. However, they have all been 50kW stations which require stops over an hour long which is not feasible.
Sponsored