Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S

paddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So after initially placing my order in September 2021 I took delivery yesterday (27/7/2022) of my Taycan Turbo S. This car is an absolute dream to drive, from the quality of the finish to the insane amount of power it generates. Very happy customer here, I think I stood in my lawn for an hour last night just looking at it.

Previous thread tracking the order process: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/ordered-crayon-taycan-turbo-s.9784/

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S E6270CE9-701F-4EB6-833D-B2776924449B
Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S 6C19B21A-A8EC-43FF-A953-64F6246EC664
Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S 1E7B0C2B-F679-47D7-9448-F77730382017
Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S FE30E51C-4EB6-45EC-92FA-5B9373E3E260

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Stunning. My colour of choice for the saloon - as is those incredible RS Spiders.

We evidently have the same exquisite taste.

Congrats and enjoy!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Brilliant news Paddy!

Two important points:

1. Don’t leave 2.3tonne on the grass too long or it’ll have Taycan dimples

And

2. Don’t forget to wave when you cruise past my plain old Crayon Turbo 🤣

Good health to enjoy!

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S 2FAA1622-BAE5-4F07-AC0E-FE5FC915CD63

IrishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW5
Country flag
Congrats fellow Paddy, delighted to see this car in the flesh. I am just about to freeze my order request (delivery due Jan 2023) and have been torn (& have literally been flopping between) choosing Crayon & Dolomite Silver and Spyder vs Exclusive design wheel. Great to see these photo's and your car looks the real biz so well done and happy driving.

You seems to have gone for black interior not the two tone black/crayon which i have spec'ed ?

Did you consider black door handles as an option ? My dealer has been suggesting these so you have clean line of black gloss along the middle but seeing yours..... :)

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Damn I love that black gloss combo on crayon

sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
Really nice, went with the black callipers I see. Do you still get free charging in Ireland? I worked in Dublin for a while and drove my wife's i-Pace over when I was moving out and it was all free.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
"Very happy customer here, I think I stood in my lawn for an hour last night just looking at it."
the taycan oozes 21c design!
but it looks like your dog's now feeling 2nd class :oops:

that's a beauty, the Spyder wheels nicely complement the body color;
the saloon/sedan is the starkest taycan (my biased opinion)!

Last edited:

OP
OP
paddy

paddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
@snb7x I'll certainly look out for you, and there is nothing plain about a turbo 😅

Congrats fellow Paddy, delighted to see this car in the flesh. I am just about to freeze my order request (delivery due Jan 2023) and have been torn (& have literally been flopping between) choosing Crayon & Dolomite Silver and Spyder vs Exclusive design wheel. Great to see these photo's and your car looks the real biz so well done and happy driving.

You seems to have gone for black interior not the two tone black/crayon which i have spec'ed ?

Did you consider black door handles as an option ? My dealer has been suggesting these so you have clean line of black gloss along the middle but seeing yours..... :)
so I had originally picked mamba green, but decided to change to crayon when my spec was locking in, the RS Spyder wheels sort of made that decision for me (which are dished at the back). Pictures don't really do the colour justice but in the flesh I'm very happy with the choice.

I went black interior because for me the exterior of the car should contrast the interior. Crayon interior won't do that and I'm not a fan of red interiors so again made the choice easy. I did add crayon seatbelts though and the embossed crest so it's not boring. I did consider the black door handles but removed them in the end because of the lighter colour. Interior pics below:

@sbarker108 not sure on the free charging. You will probably hate me when you hear this but until my garage is built I will mostly likely charge the car from an old plug in a work shed we use for a welder. It's 32amp so I think it will fully charge overnight, that remains to be seen.

Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S IMG_3152
Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S IMG_3153
Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S IMG_3155
Porsche Taycan Delivered: Crayon Taycan Turbo S IMG_3156

IrishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW5
Country flag
@snb7x I'll certainly look out for you, and there is nothing plain about a turbo😅

so I had originally picked mamba green, but decided to change to crayon when my spec was locking in, the RS Spyder wheels sort of made that decision for me (which are dished at the back). Pictures don't really do the colour justice but in the flesh I'm very happy with the choice.

I went black interior because for me the exterior of the car should contrast the interior. Crayon interior won't do that and I'm not a fan of red interiors so again made the choice easy. I did add crayon seatbelts though and the embossed crest so it's not boring. I did consider the black door handles but removed them in the end because of the lighter colour. Interior pics below:

@sbarker108 not sure on the free charging. You will probably hate me when you hear this but until my garage is built I will mostly likely charge the car from an old plug in a work shed we use for a welder. It's 32amp so I think it will fully charge overnight, that remains to be seen.

IMG_3152.jpeg
IMG_3153.jpeg
IMG_3155.jpeg
IMG_3156.jpeg
Thanks @paddy, sound like I am going on a similar mamba/crayon decision 'journey' like yourself at the moment but will end somewhere good as all great choices and just comes down to personal choice now. Thanks a lot for the photo's, really been helpful. Best of luck with your car. Cheers

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
@snb7x I'll certainly look out for you, and there is nothing plain about a turbo😅

IMG_3152.jpeg
IMG_3153.jpeg
IMG_3155.jpeg
IMG_3156.jpeg
Congrats Paddy the car looks stunning! Just wondering have you considered going all black with the RS Spyder wheels as in having them sprayed? I'm collecting a RWD in Carmine Red in January and undecided on which alloy to go with. I've seen your alloy finished in gloss and matte black and really looks the part.

OP
OP
paddy

paddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
@Frankhy I did ask about adding the black GTS wheels instead but my SA said this wasn't possible. It was possible to buy them after and swap out the wheels but he said you were talking in the region of 10k for black GTS wheels from Porsche. I think it would look amazing in black but I won't have my RS Spyders sprayed.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
(biased, but) IMHO the black door handles give you a "dashed" line along the middle which distract from the subtle lines of the beautiful body that is taycan

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How on earth is your grass so green…in the middle of a drought in Western Europe? Mine is as brown as Mahogany Metallic…Great car by the way, just saw a Crayon 4S on the road and looked, like yours, great! Still awaiting lock date for my Turbo, note your long wait, so wont hold my breath.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Great to see another Turbo S "on the island"!

EagerIy waiting mine – I was going with Crayon but recently flipped it back to Neptune Blue (same as my 4S).

I don't think I'd ever spec the black callipers on the carbon ceramic's but they work well with your car.
Sponsored