Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Re: display which shows power going to front/rear drives. I have un-updated MY 22 4S. It does not have this display.
Porsche's big update announcement says:
"The all-wheel drive indicator is now shown as an energy-flow indicator in the central display. This makes the current operating status of the drives easier to see."

I was hoping that meant the update provides similar display. What does this new "all-wheel drive energy-flow indicator" show?

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m just guessing here, but I believe Porsche has changed its back-end servers which has thoroughly bollocksed Taycans who haven’t yet had the update.

I’m scheduled thankfully for this coming Thursday, but in the past week, wireless CarPlay has died, the Autolift function has become significantly intermittent, Apple Music has become more spotty than ever before, and even when I choose FM radio, not satellite radio, the PCM show data loading. Has anyone else who hasn't received the new software experienced similar anomalies?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I’m just guessing here, but I believe Porsche has changed its back-end servers which has thoroughly bollocksed Taycans who haven’t yet had the update.

I’m scheduled thankfully for this coming Thursday, but in the past week, wireless CarPlay has died, the Autolift function has become significantly intermittent, Apple Music has become more spotty than ever before, and even when I choose FM radio, not satellite radio, the PCM show data loading. Has anyone else who hasn't received the new software experienced similar anomalies?
Auto-lift worked great before the update, but. the update cleared all saved locations. I am not sure I trust it now. I need to see it hold the settings in the same location at least twice before I'll trust it. Anyone with the update should take care if they drive low and rely on the auto-lift feature.

• Sad
Reactions: B61

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Auto-lift worked great before the update, but. the update cleared all saved locations. I am not sure I trust it now. I need to see it hold the settings in the same location at least twice before I'll trust it. Anyone with the update should take care if they drive low and rely on the auto-lift feature.
Again, I have a MY22 so already had the upgrade, but auto-lift feature works great for me, so I would be optimistic if I were you.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Again, I have a MY22 so already had the upgrade, but auto-lift feature works great for me, so I would be optimistic if I were you.
Hard to be optimistic. The car bottomed out briefly at an intersection where I had the location saved before AND after the upgrade. I am just warning others to be careful out there. Hate to see anybody damage their car because they assumed PCM retained their lift settings.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Hard to be optimistic. The car bottomed out briefly at an intersection where I had the location saved before AND after the upgrade. I am just warning others to be careful out there. Hate to see anybody damage their car because they assumed PCM retained their lift settings.
Sorry. To clarify, it doesn’t surprise me that everyone’s locations were deleted by upgrade. In fact, I would be surprised if they weren’t deleted. So you are correct to warn.

I had understood your comment as wondering whether the locations would be retained when you save them again after the upgrade (suggesting that there might be a bug). I was saying just that new version seems to work correctly. Apologies if I had misunderstood.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So, what exactly is new in this update? All I see is coloured icons, different homelink button locations, CarPlay in a new location, Android auto. I don't see any range difference on my 2022 Taycan. I don't really find it any more responsive than the last software, if anything, it's very subtle. I would have to use them back to back to notice.

I also notice I can re-arrange my icons, but I think we were always able to. The release seems to be quite stable, but I've only tested it for one day.
MY22 is probably not a useful comparison. MY20 folk will be deleriously happy.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
2021 also thrilled :)
Aug 11 for me here in Dublin. If it permanently resolves – and I believe it will – the 22kW AC charger bricking the car – it will be a miracle update for me!

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Which bug specifically?
I posted the video few posts ago, the issue was that even if you don't have the 3d surround option you can still get to the cars 3d angles via some clicks on the trackpad

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I posted the video few posts ago, the issue was that even if you don't have the 3d surround option you can still get to the cars 3d angles via some clicks on the trackpad
Would be interested in more details how to do this. I watched the video, I think it was in German (which I do not speak), and toyed around on the trackpad with no luck :swear:

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Would be interested in more details how to do this. I watched the video, I think it was in German (which I do not speak), and toyed around on the trackpad with no luck :swear:
give it few more tries, it worked on my yet to be upgraded MY22 with no 3D surround option
Sponsored