First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
The trunk speaker is terribly loud.

I live in a multi-owner condo conversion victorian house. The driveway is right outside my downstairs neighbors bedroom windows.

Opening (and then closing) the trunk while my neighbors are sleeping is probably quite annoying. Almost as annoying as people who have cars that honk their horns when they lock or unlock. But I digress.

So I asked my local Service Department to quiet down or turn off the blasted beeping.
Their (completely understandable) reply was: “We can’t do that because it’s a safety feature.” Sigh. Lawyers win again. “But... here’s how to remove the interior panel of the trunk...”

Ok. So, I opened it up. There’s the annoying speaker. Hmm... maybe I can make it quieter. I’ll cover both sides of the speaker with sound absorbing materials.

Nope. Fail. Didn’t significantly reduce the noise.

Ok then, now it’s unplugged. Hopefully it won’t throw a code.

The only regret is I also lose the warning beep if the trunk hits an obstacle when trying to close. I’ll just have to watch it more closely. I got used to turning my back and walking away, listening for the “failed to close” beep.

Golden Silence.

Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper DC52FAD9-AC2F-4A6D-9BA6-914008CAEDFF
Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper E08458FF-FADC-4A09-9889-F758E5D5A119
Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper 290CEAF5-2946-4F46-A7E5-E8EC7FFE82B4
Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper CE279B64-8839-43A0-A6EC-8E43A61EC40A
Porsche Taycan Silencing the Trunk Beeper 955C771F-5910-435F-84CD-5A1AE7547968

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
I was in the transportation industry. when my trucks backed up during the night, in a residential area, the 'beep beep' disturbed people. I had put a switch instead of disconnecting it. if the driver had an inspection on the road, everything was functional. he turned his switch off only at night in the residential area. and There you go

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was in the transportation industry. when my trucks backed up during the night, in a residential area, the 'beep beep' disturbed people. I had put a switch instead of disconnecting it. if the driver had an inspection on the road, everything was functional. he turned his switch off only at night in the residential area. and There you go
Thank you!

I live half a block away from an apartment building that gets their trash bins emptied three times a week at 4am. Beeping. Crashing bins. Sigh. City living. #FirstWorldProblems

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When does it beep? When you open the trunk? I don’t think I’ve seen this. How about replacing the speaker with a quieter one?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When does it beep? When you open the trunk? I don’t think I’ve seen this. How about replacing the speaker with a quieter one?
It beeps (repeats while in motion) when it raises the trunk. Same when lowering trunk.

It also gives a different beep when something blocks it from closing.

Do you have a source of “quieter speakers that plug directly into a Taycan including the mounting points in the trunk sheetmetal”? I don’t. So I unplugged it.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is this a new law? My BMW doesn’t beep like that. I don’t have my car yet but I might look into how to replace the speaker when I get it. It might be doable with some soldering.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
i heard on the internet (so it must be true!) that the volume was configurable, but only by the service center, not by the end user. May be worth checking out - they may not know about that yet.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i heard on the internet (so it must be true!) that the volume was configurable, but only by the service center, not by the end user. May be worth checking out - they may not know about that yet.
Yup. I asked. They said “No, we can’t. ...but it’s really easy to remove the inner trunk cover... here let me show you.”

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In Louv's 10,000 mile trek thread,

@Molesworth posted, "Ask about the BEEP noise at a dealership. On the Macan the rear hatch beep volume can be adjusted via PIWIS (even to zero to effectively turn it off). YMMV"

and @cometguy replied, "Yes, I had my dealerships turn off the rear hatch beeping sound in both my Panamera and my 2019 Macan. I have no clue why Porsche has this annoying feature."

I saved these so I can have this done when my Taycan is delivered.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I encourage everyone to ask their dealership to do it the software way.
Mine wouldn’t. I’m ok with that. I’m a big boy. I can do it myself. (By unplugging it)

The silence is now kind of spooky.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Yeah I have no idea how its a safety issue, specially when OPENING!

We also don’t get the press and hold lock to close up everything and roll up windows....sigh....
Sponsored