Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
MY22 is probably not a useful comparison. MY20 folk will be deleriously happy.
I'm like a child on Christmas Eve.
Fingers crossed for September
Sponsored

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
Search the forum for 3D hack - plenty of instruction there.

Fiddly to use .
Any possibility to remover the white guide lines when backing up the car (only picture with no help lines).
I had this possibility on my old BMW M5 Comp.
Its nice to have only picture when trying to park on white lines on the ground

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I’m going to delete the profile and timer and add them back. Hopefully no issues after that.
I deleted and added the timer back. It did not help. Had the same issue last night. The car charged for a while and then got stuck “initializing”. I had to change to direct charging and replug the charging cable. Next I will try a long direct charging session during the day to see if the problem lies with the PMC+ or with the software uPdate. Unfortunately I won’t be able to try this for about a week due to a trip.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
300 miles seems quite optimistic. I am around 350 km / 220 miles on a charge for highway trips traveling at 75-80 in an 2022 CT 4 with 20 inch wheels. At lower speeds 60-65 it might be doable. On road trips I take 250 km / 155 miles between charges. That’s every 2 hours. In general you should try to travel between 10 and 85% SoC.
Good thing I'm an optimistic kind of person! The trip itself should be easy enough, since I'll be taking stops probably closer to 100 miles since I've got a young child with me, and could skip a charging stop if need be. Definitely a hope for the best and plan for the worst scenario.

Currently sitting at about 1,000 miles into owning it (all on the updated software), and getting 36.9 kWh / 100 mi with a lot of that being ~4 mile trips to and from work where I can see that the mechanical brakes are doing most of the work for about half of that trip (no regen when braking). Not much 50+ mile trip experience where I've been focused on range though.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Aww man, they broke the calendar in this update! It once again shows events on the wrong days!!

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
talking about this one...its gone in my new set up.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 1.21.00 PM.png
It was replaced a new view in the main display. Don’t know how to direct you to it because I haven’t gotten the update done yet. Others on the site have posted pictures of it.

Jimboy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RW
Country flag
Wow the camera view looks much better now. It’s actually looks useable now.
I have a MY22 May build. No update. The surround view shows the park Assist icon on the left, not the Homelink. Does anyone know if this is user configurable to show Homelink, or must I wait for a later update?

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a MY22 May build. No update. The surround view shows the park Assist icon on the left, not the Homelink. Does anyone know if this is user configurable to show Homelink, or must I wait for a later update?
Mine is exactly the same with the Homelink on the right.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
It was replaced a new view in the main display. Don’t know how to direct you to it because I haven’t gotten the update done yet. Others on the site have posted pictures of it.
It’s one of the views for the center column of the instrument cluster. It’s called “Power Meter”.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMO, if they replaced that “view” with new, they should delete old one,… :facepalm:

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Field report on the improved charging/preconditioning.

Contrary to the service document quoted here this is actually available for 2020 cars. I assume this was a simple editing error and the clause was supposed to be attached to the line below that talks about improved plug and charge.

The tl;dr is that the car will now precondition to a significantly higher battery temp (~110F vs ~91F) when needed. This means you will get max charging speed over a much larger range of initial SOC. While originally you had to plug in <10% SOC to get the highest charging curve you will now get the same curve at higher initial SOC. Just did a session where I plugged in at 20+% SOC and still got 260+kW all the way up to 46% SOC. In practical use this will make a big difference in the time we all spend DC fast charging. That is if we could find a way to keep id.4 owners from intentionally grabbing "faster" 350kW chargers, but I digress.

On the negative side the update seems to have broken the charge power indicator in the center console. Numbers were wrong from me DC charging. Oddly only the kW display seems to be affected. The miles/min display is correct.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s one of the views for the center column of the instrument cluster. It’s called “Power Meter”.
I think power meter has always been there - the blue/green with the speedo in the middle making the cluster look like the traditional view albeit digital.

Side note - i thought that in the overview it had said remote lock/unlock was going to be added to the app. Did that not happen?
Sponsored