Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
First post - and happy to share the order I just signed 1h ago. Code is PLP9BCM4. It's a 4S with a couple of nice technology add-ons. I cut myself short on the "lifestyle accessories". They look nice to me, but to my personal experience they become a bit boring over time once you see them every day. My wife turned out to be a great fan of bicolor interior design, thus I have added the red seats though. Also got inspired by tnikolov´s post, showing his mamba-green car with red seats. My car is volcanogrey though.

I have the dealer's commitment to add the 22kW charger and to remove the mobile charger as I have one already.

I have been driving Model S for 5 years. Charge- and Batterygate made me book the Taycan test drive. Got infected and couldn't escape :). I'll hand it over to my Porsche dealer for a fair price.

According to the dealer's forecast, manufacturing should complete by end October. Difficult for sure in these times, although we are moving back to a kind of normal life over time now in Germany.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is off the line and awaiting transport.

I had to put together my build in only a couple of hours and this is what I went with.

PLK29F53

I'm not sure if I'd make any changes if I could do it over again. Very happy I grabbed the premium package & performance options (minus PDCC), which are really the key options IMO. Maybe I'd change the color, I was torn between Volcano, Green, Dolomite, and Black. I actually flip fopped about 6 times. I do wish Porsche had offered a better set of color choices.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is off the line and awaiting transport.

I had to put together my build in only a couple of hours and this is what I went with.

PLK29F53

I'm not sure if I'd make any changes if I could do it over again. Very happy I grabbed the premium package & performance options (minus PDCC), which are really the key options IMO. Maybe I'd change the color, I was torn between Volcano, Green, Dolomite, and Black. I actually flip fopped about 6 times. I do wish Porsche had offered a better set of color choices.
I really like your configuration Frank, I am currently at the gray with black window trim and 20 inch wheels as well so from the outside it would look the same.

I have the sport sound but I have not picked PTV+. I am torn as for $3k more I could get PTV+ and PDCC but I just don't know if I would ever feel it. I have several other options like the thermal and sound insulated glass and night vision and two tone leather but I do really appreciate your configuration and I'm sure you will love it.

Three free options to consider though your dealer will not love me after your freeze: 25ft cord for the charger option, smoking package which will give you a cover with a beautiful Porsche logo to cover one of the cup holders, black kick plate ondoor with the Taycan logo.

May I ask what swayed you on the torque vectoring enhancement?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really like your configuration Frank, I am currently at the gray with black window trim and 20 inch wheels as well so from the outside it would look the same.

I have the sport sound but I have not picked PTV+. I am torn as for $3k more I could get PTV+ and PDCC but I just don't know if I would ever feel it.

May I ask what swayed you on the torque vectoring enhancement?
PTV+ gives you a much more comprehensive e diff. I honestly don't know how much it helps on the Taycan but I know from personal experience it's very helpful on other Porsches. For me, I'd rather have it but it probably doesn't make a huge difference.

PDCC on the other hand is redundant on the Taycan as it already has such a low center of gravity. It adds weight, complexity, and can feel unnatural at times from my experience. I'd only spec it on a Cayenne.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Jack,
Nice spec, I I'm currently on the same color selection, I did get InnoDrive for the Active Lane Keeping feature and rear wheel steering.
I may suggest the smoking package as it gets you a cover for a cup holder with Porsche logo for free.
May also consider black door kick plate which is also free. I see you out of the four zone climate control so I assumed you will often have more than just yourself in the vehicle. Did you consider the passenger display that allows them to do navigation for additional stops and then transfer it to the center display as well as control music. Without the four zone climate you will still have vents that can be manually adjusted as well as seed heating with a push button as opposed to the touch screen, fyi.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you had the puddle projectors before? If you like them, great, but they're very obnoxious IMHO. They have no purpose except to make sure EVERYONE is CERTAIN they know what kind of car you have.

Otherwise the spec looks really nice! Good call on resisting the urge to upgrade to Leather interior, the Standard is very nice on the Taycan and unless you want two-tone sticking to Standard is the way to go.

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Audi A6
Jack,
Nice spec, I I'm currently on the same color selection, I did get InnoDrive for the Active Lane Keeping feature and rear wheel steering.
I may suggest the smoking package as it gets you a cover for a cup holder with Porsche logo for free.
May also consider black door kick plate which is also free. I see you out of the four zone climate control so I assumed you will often have more than just yourself in the vehicle. Did you consider the passenger display that allows them to do navigation for additional stops and then transfer it to the center display as well as control music. Without the four zone climate you will still have vents that can be manually adjusted as well as seed heating with a push button as opposed to the touch screen, fyi.
Hi Ron,

After reading your suggestions, I totally agree with the smoking package and the kick plate. However, when building my build I too was debating the passenger display, but I find it kind of pointless when the passenger can also easily operate the center display.

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Audi A6
Have you had the puddle projectors before? If you like them, great, but they're very obnoxious IMHO. They have no purpose except to make sure EVERYONE is CERTAIN they know what kind of car you have.

Otherwise the spec looks really nice! Good call on resisting the urge to upgrade to Leather interior, the Standard is very nice on the Taycan and unless you want two-tone sticking to Standard is the way to go.
Hi Frank,

My friend had an Audi Q5 with their beams and I initially thought it was stupid and does nothing more to show off. I decided to add it to my build temporarily as it is hasn't been locked yet and thought why not. I will most probably change it when my build locks though.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Ron,

After reading your suggestions, I totally agree with the smoking package and the kick plate. However, when building my build I too was debating the passenger display, but I find it kind of pointless when the passenger can also easily operate the center display.
Glad I could be of some help. I know that that the passenger display is less clear, I consider the center screen to belong to the driver and thus having this 4th screen allows pursuing alternative restauranrs, hotels without disturbing the center screen, but I understand the mixed feelings of it's use case.

Enjoy your car

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
Hello,

My first post here. Just made a deposit on the Taycan 4S a week ago.
Carmine Red exterior & Black/Chalk interior combo.

Here's my code: PLLRWYG1

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I like the door 'puddle' lights. The extra illumination when stepping out of the car can be helpful. I do wish it said 'TAYCAN' instead of 'PORSCHE', but otherwise they are a nice-to-have feature.

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
I like the door 'puddle' lights. The extra illumination when stepping out of the car can be helpful. I do wish it said 'TAYCAN' instead of 'PORSCHE', but otherwise they are a nice-to-have feature.
Without it there is still some light i presume? Just not the logo...