Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ?

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
Rear Axle Steer (RAS) with PSP is a must have. PTV+ for day to day driving is really not needed and unlikely to get the benefit. If you like to press on on country roads then I'd tell you something different but even then I'd hesitate as the 4S is already awesome.
I do like driving on country roads but I am not looking at racing other road users. I just like to drive at reasonable speed and enjoy the fluidity of the flow. I had a Mazda RX8 in the past that I did occasionally took to track days. Sounds like I probably don't need the PTV+. Instead, go for 20in wheels, 14way seats ....and possibly pan roof. I will keep RWS.
Sponsored

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
£750 probably and besides many Taycan owners are new to the brand and won't appreciate the plastic nod to heritage.
I am new to the brand. Always wanted to experience that famous driving experience.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just wanted to add that I love the double pane glass -- silence and less heat :) Also, the panoramic roof is so nice when sitting in the back; lots of sun and hot days here this summer, but the tinting is excellent and was no problem at all. IMHO. Really gives a free and open feeling.

(Btw color wise, you may want to try to see volcano metallic grey in person; it's very blackish and you may like it more than black. -- note the volcano grey is all wrong in the configurator)
My local dealer don't have a car in that volcano grey...

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
I originally ordered my 4SCT with the 20" offroad design wheels. Then I noticed basically the same design on a Subaru. Call me a snob, but I won't drop $130K and get Subaru wheels. I upgraded to the 20” Taycan Turbo Design Wheels

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No Sports Plus or Individual Drive mode.

You get Sport (this is where you'll find Launch Mode).

Sport Plus PASM is standard though.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
hi, I am new to the forum and a potential first time Porsche driver. I would greatly appreciate some thoughts on wheels and seats for my CT 4s which I have recently ordered with an expected delivery date of August 2023. I can't make my mind up on these 2 items. Tbh, I don't think the 19inch aero s wheels look that bad and I think that the high tyre wall would give a better comfort ride and longer range. I also think that the 19 inch wheels does not impact the sports handling of the car.

The 20inch wheel I am considering is the Offroad design wheels. How is the ride and range on that?

For the seats, I am not sure of the benefits of the 14 or 18 way adjustable seats given that I will be the only driver driving the car so once I set the seat position, it will likely stay. Are the option seats that much more comfortable than standard seats?

My spec for the car are as follows. Any thoughts gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Taycan spec Screenshot 2022-08-27 120653.png
I have the 20" off-road wheels. I was a little unsure as i hadn't been able to see them in real life, but am very happy with the look of them. I'm not a fan at all of the aero (milk bottle top) type wheels, so for me it felt like the choice was 20" off road or the 21" wheels (look great, wrong price).

Keep the sports sound, it's fun.

Sports chrono - definitely.

I didn't get rear axle steer but did get power steering plus. I think that's fine - i live in London and it's easier to park than my old panamera. I guess I'm used to bigger cars, so if you're coming out of little ones i guess it may be worth having.

I got the standard seats. I think they're fine. I'm not a fan of high bolsters and like you don't fiddle about once set up. Suggest you try and sit in the various versions as more adjustable definitely doesn't always mean more comfortable . The only downside of the standard is the headrest isn't adjustable and too far back for me to rest my head on.

Are you missing the windscreen top tint?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Get 14 way seats over 8 way. Get SportChrono, just for the ease of using the dial. I use it multiple times every time I drive the car. Regarding wheels, personal preference, though I'd go 20's at a minimum, just for looks.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I originally ordered my 4SCT with the 20" offroad design wheels. Then I noticed basically the same design on a Subaru. Call me a snob, but I won't drop $130K and get Subaru wheels. I upgraded to the 20” Taycan Turbo Design Wheels
Snob. Same wheels on the Lambo Urus is the way you should be thinking about it.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I love my 18 way sports seats for their aggressive body hugging but if you don't drive that aggressively (and I mean with turns not in a straight line) and prefer comfort over aggressiveness, then the 14 way seats are probably a better choice for you.

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ? 2022-08-02_01-13-30

The 18 way Sport seats can be a little less comfortable on longer road trips or if the occupants are of a larger body type.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
How does the Hankook evo3 ev compare to Michelin pilot sport 4s?
I have a set of 19" running the Hankook, as well as a set of the 20" Tubo Aero with the Michelin PS4. I would say the PS4's are a better all-round tyre. It has better comfort and seems to work better in slightly lower temps as well. The Hankooks are more picky when it comes to road surface, as they can generate some more noise on coarse asphalt. But really enjoyed them this summer, when travelling to Italy and temps were above 25 C.

The 20" wheels make the car look quite a bit sharper, I would say...

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the 20" off-road wheels. I was a little unsure as i hadn't been able to see them in real life, but am very happy with the look of them. I'm not a fan at all of the aero (milk bottle top) type wheels, so for me it felt like the choice was 20" off road or the 21" wheels (look great, wrong price).

Keep the sports sound, it's fun.

Sports chrono - definitely.

I didn't get rear axle steer but did get power steering plus. I think that's fine - i live in London and it's easier to park than my old panamera. I guess I'm used to bigger cars, so if you're coming out of little ones i guess it may be worth having.

I got the standard seats. I think they're fine. I'm not a fan of high bolsters and like you don't fiddle about once set up. Suggest you try and sit in the various versions as more adjustable definitely doesn't always mean more comfortable . The only downside of the standard is the headrest isn't adjustable and too far back for me to rest my head on.

Are you missing the windscreen top tint?
I am currently (and has been for last 10 years) driving an Audi A6 so similar length to the CT, I think the RWS will give a much better turning circle than the A6 although I don't have any problems parking the A6.

I will go and try the seats.

The windscreen top tint is not compatible with the acoustic glass.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a set of 19" running the Hankook, as well as a set of the 20" Tubo Aero with the Michelin PS4. I would say the PS4's are a better all-round tyre. It has better comfort and seems to work better in slightly lower temps as well. The Hankooks are more picky when it comes to road surface, as they can generate some more noise on coarse asphalt. But really enjoyed them this summer, when travelling to Italy and temps were above 25 C.

The 20" wheels make the car look quite a bit sharper, I would say...
Tbh, i quite like the look of the 19in design..... just thinking about the performance and I agree that the ps4 tyres are better than the Hankook tyres.
Sponsored