Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks. Which option is the extended leather in the configurator. There are various options but don't know which.
Any leather option other than the Olea (much more expensive) - click one and you'll see the description as 'Leather Interior'.

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ? 1661877228952
Sponsored

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
Any leather option other than the Olea (much more expensive) - click one and you'll see the description as 'Leather Interior'.

1661877228952.png
Great, thanks

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Thanks.
What are your thoughts on the comfort seats and PTV+?
I chose comfort seats and PTV+. I find the 18 way seats super for a quick drive but too constricting for long journeys.
I see PTV+ as the modern equivalent of a limited slip diff, which I have had on all my sports cars for over 40 years. Maybe not necessary with 4WD and huge tyres but it will suit slippery conditions.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great, thanks
Just checked on the leasing company website, the cost of the leather is around £2,100....not £336 (I thought that was too cheap for Porsche). Have to think if it is worthwhile. For the same cost, the 14way seats and massage function is possible.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The example I sent was for a GTS where leather and Racetex are standard and so the price to go full leather is a small mark up. I thought you would select the actual car you are specxing to figure the cost fully.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the comments from everyone.
I am now thinking of adjusting my options as follows:

150 kW On board booster
Standard 19-inch Taycan S Aero wheels
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass (still thinking whether I should remove privacy element to make the cabin brighter)
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
BOSE surround sound system
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) (still thinking if it is needed or not)
Electrically folding exterior mirrors
Park assist including surround view
Porsche electric sport sound
Porsche metallic - Jet Black
Rear axle steering including power steering plus
Sport chrono pack including compass display on dashboard - Taycan
14-way comfort seat
Two tone smooth full leather - Black/Chalk beige

It is above what I had budgeted for but thinking if I should stretch it out...

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go with the 21" wheels. they look great.

-ThinkMac-
IMG_0633.jpg
I am above my budget. To go for 21in wheels, I would have to remove some other options. Plus, I worry about the size of the tyre wall on the 21in.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for all the comments from everyone.
I am now thinking of adjusting my options as follows:

150 kW On board booster
Standard 19-inch Taycan S Aero wheels
Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass (still thinking whether I should remove privacy element to make the cabin brighter)
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
BOSE surround sound system
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus) (still thinking if it is needed or not)
Electrically folding exterior mirrors
Park assist including surround view
Porsche electric sport sound
Porsche metallic - Jet Black
Rear axle steering including power steering plus
Sport chrono pack including compass display on dashboard - Taycan
14-way comfort seat
Two tone smooth full leather - Black/Chalk beige

It is above what I had budgeted for but thinking if I should stretch it out...
19" wheels don't suit Porsches (any) IMHO.

If you are leasing the car and don't care about resale then it's less of a concern.

20" will cosmetically look so much better.

Privacy glass is fine and you won't notice from the inside. I still would question the acoustic glass (the car is really quiet as it is but tyre noise you will still hear regardless). Cosmetically it looks odd too - especially the front windscreen as it will appear coloured from the outside.

Pano roof is a miss too (sorry).

PVT+ is probably marginal for your usage and if budget is stretched then a candidate to drop.

At the end of the day you'll have a fabulous car and enjoy it when it comes.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
19" wheels don't suit Porsches (any) IMHO.

If you are leasing the car and don't care about resale then it's less of a concern.

20" will cosmetically look so much better.

Privacy glass is fine and you won't notice from the inside. I still would question the acoustic glass (the car is really quiet as it is but tyre noise you will still hear regardless). Cosmetically it looks odd too - especially the front windscreen as it will appear coloured from the outside.

Pano roof is a miss too (sorry).

PVT+ is probably marginal for your usage and if budget is stretched then a candidate to drop.

At the end of the day you'll have a fabulous car and enjoy it when it comes.
Thanks for your feedback. I will sleep on it for a while before I commit to the changes. I am going for a test drive at Cambridge Porsche Centre in a couple of weeks so may try to see all these options before making the final decision. Really looking forward to driving the car, it will be a big difference compare to the Audi A6, RX8 and MX5 I had before.

Last edited:

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Volcano Grey is a great colour but not so good on CT with the black plastic arches. Go ST instead.
Actually I disagree as it blend in nicely.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually I disagree as it blend in nicely.
Hopeful I can see that colour when I go for my test drive in 2 weeks. Hope to finalise my option on the following:
- ptv+
- standard 19in aero wheels or 20in Offroad Design
- 14way seats
- full leather either black/chalk or slate grey to go with the jet black exterior

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for your information.
I am leaning more towards the 20in wheels now but a little unsure on which one. I thought the offroad design shows the brake calipers better.
I am also considering the 14way seats now.
For the sport sound, I am in 2 mind a I am a Star Trek fan so spaceship type of sound I may like.
I am a little confused about the sports Chronos, I thought that the description on the Porsche website suggest that you get additional mode with it.
Will look at the door trim in black. Does that mean you would get the body trim inserts in black also?
I don't see the dashcam pre-wiring as an option in the configurator, I thought it was standard with my23.
Acoustic glass, I thought it would be quieter and better thermo. Also, more secure against breaking.
Panoramic roof, I did specified it but my wife don't like the sun in her eyes. She normally sit in the back with my 6year olds. Plus when we went for a test drive she touched the glass and felt it was warm so she didn't want it. Also, I red quite a few comments of glass cracking on the sunroof which made me worry.
The acoustic glass is great. As others have pointed out (and I agree) --
  • Noticeably improved acoustics due to the minimization of external noises
  • UV protection
  • Reduced warming of the interior
Also, I think you'll love the panoramic roof. While you're at it, check into the "Light Control" options. This looks great to me and could be a nice addition to your build. My wife is also sensitive to light, but has never expressed any concern about the panoramic roof.

Sport Chrono is classic Porsche, and for me having a driving mode switch on the steering wheel is very convenient. I do find myself changing modes from Normal to Range and back quite a bit, and also going to Sport Plus for the fun times :)

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The acoustic glass is great. As others have pointed out (and I agree) --
  • Noticeably improved acoustics due to the minimization of external noises
  • UV protection
  • Reduced warming of the interior
Also, I think you'll love the panoramic roof. While you're at it, check into the "Light Control" options. This looks great to me and could be a nice addition to your build. My wife is also sensitive to light, but has never expressed any concern about the panoramic roof.

Sport Chrono is classic Porsche, and for me having a driving mode switch on the steering wheel is very convenient. I do find myself changing modes from Normal to Range and back quite a bit, and also going to Sport Plus for the fun times :)
Thanks for the feedback. My wife didn't like the piano roof...

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hopeful I can see that colour when I go for my test drive in 2 weeks. Hope to finalise my option on the following:
- ptv+
- standard 19in aero wheels or 20in Offroad Design
- 14way seats
- full leather either black/chalk or slate grey to go with the jet black exterior
Porsche Taycan Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ? B2264BC3-7FC1-431F-90DF-C578F48B6353
Sponsored