VOLCANO GREY Taycan Club

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Those are the standard 4S steel breaks. I didn't think that was allowed when you upgrade to 21" wheels. In the USA it forces PSCB breaks (yellow).
PSCB are white. The ceramics are yellow.

Often early orders or pre-spec'd launch cars have all sorts of weird combinations you can't order, because marketing hasn't locked everything down yet.
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
PSCB are white. The ceramics are yellow.

Often early orders or pre-spec'd launch cars have all sorts of weird combinations you can't order, because marketing hasn't locked everything down yet.
Thanks Miwa, how could I forget that PSCB was white. Silly me, I corrected my earlier post as well.
And thanks for the explanation.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just got my Porsche Taycan turbo with Volcano and black leather interior. Classy and sure to be a favorite for a long time.

B5C81462-E431-474D-AB79-41ADB0F6A61C.jpeg

E0DC31E2-64D7-48CD-BE0C-CCAC851952D4.jpeg

A23A8BB9-6682-4B83-A612-3E09FB1F92B4.jpeg
Looks good. Personally opinion, but most alloys on the Taycan are so awful. Only Mission E and 21" exclusive look nice

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks good. Personally opinion, but most alloys on the Taycan are so awful. Only Mission E and 21" exclusive look nice
I actually don't think the Mission E tires look great in person, they were a big disappointment for me.

The Taycan Turbo Aero wheels look really nice to me especially with Volcano.

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
I think it depends on which brakes you have. The mission E look good with carbon ceramics. With the PSCBs and the regular brakes the rear brake looks small to me with all that wide open space. It’s a good thing they have some variety as we all have our priorities. I chose the turbo aero wheels for volcano grey as well. With the PCSBs and calipers in black. I also wanted the 20s as the roads here can be pretty bad. They aren’t my favorite wheels but they are the ones I chose after much deliberation.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I actually don't think the Mission E tires look great in person, they were a big disappointment for me.

The Taycan Turbo Aero wheels look really nice to me especially with Volcano.
I'm still torn between the Turbo Aero and gloss black Mission-E wheels. There's a significant price difference between the two also.

I agree that the silver outsides on the Mission-E don't look that hot with Volcano.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm still torn between the Turbo Aero and gloss black Mission-E wheels. There's a significant price difference between the two also.

I agree that the silver outsides on the Mission-E don't look that hot with Volcano.
My mission e's are being done in full black, hate the silver rim design

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picked my car up yesterday. It’s a Turbo. I added a lot of carbon fiber accents, which I think turned out pretty great.
1B399D6C-BA22-4A94-9913-74D971B66719.jpeg
Tint the widows mate! Mine doesn't come with tints but I'm getting them done on Saturday :)

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Gorgeous color! For those who have Volcano Gray, does it show dirt easily, and how difficult is it to keep clean? I once had a JBM 911 and it was a nightmare, seems all I did was wash it. Hope VG is different as I like the color a lot. Thank you.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Gorgeous color! For those who have Volcano Gray, does it show dirt easily, and how difficult is it to keep clean? I once had a JBM 911 and it was a nightmare, seems all I did was wash it. Hope VG is different as I like the color a lot. Thank you.
Volcano Grey is basically black in terms of keeping it clean. Lovely, lovely color (it's on my spec & my Panamera) but it does require a ton of cleaning.

Gentian Blue, Mamba Green, and Dolomite Silver are the lowest maintenance colors, IMO, if that's a concern of yours. Green & Blue look great even when dirty as the bright colors still pop and Silvers/light Greys hide dirt very well. White isn't bad for hiding dirt either, but I personally think Carrera White only looks great when it's super shiny clean.

Black and Volcano Grey are amazing on the Taycan when clean, though, and really accentuate the sportiness of the car.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a Volcano Gray Macan, and it's nowhere near as hard to keep clean as black. It's metallic, and it's not been terrible to keep clean. It's not been dirt on the car that looks the worse, for me, it's how much brake dust I can tolerate on the wheels that limits things.

I'd never own a black car, but I'm buying a 2nd Volcano car (and my fav Audi color is Daytona Gray).
Sponsored