W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am no expert, but those improvements seem not minor but signifacnt to me. So, this will result 5-10% improvement?
Depends. Capacity should be increased but also with the new Panamera platform there may be scope for larger and lighter batteries to achieve 100kWh or so - pure speculation on my part.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
In 5 years, i hope that i’ll upgrade to SUV :angel:

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If there is no advancement in battery tech. I have a hard time to see how the Taycan2 can be significally better. Sure some minor things will be better, but no major reasons to upgrade.
the motors can be improved, Lucid has lighter and more powerful ones, the batteries can still be incrementally improved, the aero and weight improved, efficiency per mile improved, an extra motor to compete with the model S, and even following Tesla with structural battery packs which would be a massive weight reduction.

A lot of incremental improvements add up. The car could easily twice the horse power, 30% more range, and more all without better battery tech.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
A lot of incremental improvements add up. The car could easily twice the horse power, 30% more range, and more all without better battery tech.
Also, once major markets have banned new ICE sales, Porsche will no longer need to constrain EV performance to align with its ICE model performance hierarchy.
Sponsored