OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
Moments like this get me excited. Has anyone else seen Gravel mode pop up on their screens? This happened with the car off, but accessory power on. I can’t seem to access it any other time.

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] 5CE44FF0-4522-4100-AC82-93908F022150

I wonder what other little nuggets are hidden inside this PCM just waiting to be turned on?

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Chalk one is home. Had an excellent time picking it up from the Porsche Experience Center in LA. Got caught by a wildfire on I-5 as I was heading over the Grapevine. Turned a 6 hour drive into 9. Massaging seats definitely saved the day. Looking forward to unpacking this car a bit and sharing more.

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-3

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The Chalk one is home. Had an excellent time picking it up from the Porsche Experience Center in LA. Got caught by a wildfire on I-5 as I was heading over the Grapevine. Turned a 6 hour drive into 9. Massaging seats definitely saved the day. Looking forward to unpacking this car a bit and sharing more.

SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-3.jpg
Looks great with those wheels!

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Stunning combo with the blue wheels and Chalk paint !!

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Must be one of the most over spec’d CT4 I’ve seen! Off-road, matrix, PSCBs, Chalk, power charging port… very cool!
How does it feel performance-wise vs GTS and why dropping in power?

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Real nice!
Thank you sir!
Stunning combo with the blue wheels and Chalk paint !!
It really grabs some attention. I like mixing subdued colors with attention grabbing accents.
I thought the glacier blue headlights and glacier blue porsche rear logo came as a pair/set?
Me too. It looks like the Glacier Blue LED Matrix headlights are all on indefinite back order unfortunately. I was really sad to see they were canceled from my order, and I did not get any notification about it. Also looks like I cant just swap in a set later. My world won't end, but a bit of a bummer.
Must be one of the most over spec’d CT4 I’ve seen! Off-road, matrix, PSCBs, Chalk, power charging port… very cool!
How does it feel performance-wise vs GTS and why dropping in power?
I think all the others were just under optioned lol.

On your second question I do have some thoughts to share, and will prepare writeup or video soon. Car is a blast to drive though.

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-31

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, it feels really good to be back in a Taycan. If you are in my ownership thread, then you know I recently sold my GTS Sport Tourismo and brought home my Chalk Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo. I have decided to lovingly call this car CHALKLT, a play on the word chocolate. Let's over some thoughts shall we.
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-33

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-28

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted26

In the past year, I have been fortunate to experience some cool cars. I come from an automotive background of recreationally road racing Shelby Mustangs and my 991.1 GT3. Yet, I do not come from wealth. I have been working super hard the past few years growing Signature Wheel and my business Exhibitions of Speed. I wanted to figure out what cars out there in the marketplace really spoke to me. So, I sold all my vehicles and set off to do a bit of "automotive speed dating" if you will. In the past 18 months I have had a CT5-V Blackwing, 2017 Shelby GT350R, 2020 Shelby GT500, Audi RS6 Avant, Gen 3 F150 Raptor, Mach-E, Bronco, Taycan GTS and of course my 991.1 GT3.
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] Flagship ONE GT500 Gloss Silver ENKO (28)
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] Flagship SEVEN RS6 Avant Brushed Bronze-16
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV503 Porsche GT3 Brushed Bronze Tinted (4 of 21)

This sampling of automotive treats has taught me two things. First off, options matter. For any big ticket purchase you really should get what you want. Nothing worse than spending 100k + on a car and regretting not getting a $1500 option. With Porsche you have an overwhelming number of choices. I see many owners living with regret over some option they were talked out of, had a constraint on, or did not know they could order. Secondly, I learned that I do not want vehicles with too much overlapping utility. Purchasing each of my cars to fit a specific need allows me to enjoy it for what it was designed for and keeps my garage diverse. With that foundation laid, let's talk about the swap.
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-12

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-29

I ordered my Taycan 4 Cross Tourismo from a VERY cool guy by the name of Andrew Maher at Porsche Spokane. Being in California I had a hard time finding a car locally without a markup. To make it even worse, supply was so low that out of state dealers wanted to keep their cars for local clients. I totally understood the sentiment but had no idea ordering one would be so tough. I got referred to Andrew from a friend and was lucky to get their last allocation. My goal for the Taycan purchase was luxury, quality, an awesome driving experience and range. For me, the Taycan 4 checked all those boxes. I spec'd the car with the drive enhancing components I felt it needed, placed the deposit, and began to wait.
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-10
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-30

While waiting for the Taycan 4, I was blown away when the GTS Sport Tourismo got released. The sportier version really spoke to me considering my prior automotive experiences. While perusing Facebook late one night I stumbled upon a posting from Erik at Porsche Mainland stating he had one available GTS Sport Tourismo. I reached out to him and found the car was still up for grabs, but the specs could not be changed. I figured a bird in the hand on such a rare car was too hard to pass up on. Erik was really cool to work with, and soon the GTS was home.
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted4
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted10
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted28

My time with the GTS was exquisite. The car was optioned fairly well and had all the driver engagement options I wanted like rear wheel steering. Build quality was though the roof and my god did it turn heads. Charging was super-fast, the technology it had really impressed everyone who sat inside of it, and the ride height was killer. However, there were a few things that were missing like massage seats, GTS interior, and the variable light panoramic roof (which you cant get until 23). Volcano Gray Metallic was also a bit too dark for my tastes. It hid some of the really sweet body lines these cars have. While the power was great, it also had less range than I wanted.
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted18
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted20
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted21
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted22

In the end, it came down to the two lessons I mentioned earlier. The options definitely matter, and avoiding overlapping utility. Being that I own other sports cars I do not need the Taycan for its sports car prowess. I want to be able to cruise further while having my back massaged and rear passengers controlling their own climate zones. The smile I crack from seeing those Porsche crests on the headrests gets me going every morning.
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-35

Hopefully you all enjoyed my little story. I look forward to sharing more in-depth photos of the options I chose, along with my PECLA delivery experience. Maybe do some comparison against the Avant, as I have no idea what I am going to do with that car now.
Cheers!

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-12

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-28

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-29

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-33

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-35

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted4

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted10

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted18

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted22

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted28

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted20

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted21

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV706 Taycan Brushed Bronze Tinted26

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-10

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-30