dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Like once today it had an option that looked like I could control windows but it didn’t and then went away
Just had this happen again:

Porsche Taycan Bugs / issues I've noticed so far, after a few hours, and much less than 11,000 miles of driving 1591475200471
Sponsored

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So as an FYI in case someone else tries to figure out how to reboot the car. Plugging it in reset everything - not in like a reset to factory... but rather like a proper power cycle. All was good with my system once I plugged it in for a bit and then left again.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
With navigation, guidance is in metric despite everything being set to English. WiFi hotspot will not slow internet despite being configured for it.
Just a quick update - got an OTA maps update and voice guidance is now in the same units as the car settings... before I had english units displayed but metric on voice guidance. All is good now.

OP
OP

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weird new problem, where Connect says my car is now in "Private" mode when I haven't changed anything at all (it's been sitting charging since my Electrify America adventures).

sriklin

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera E-Hybrid
Country flag
Hi all. I took delivery of my Gentian Blue 4S almost two weeks ago. Truly a great car. I had an entertaining bug pop up today. I used the voice command to engage the Nav, which was easy. The entertainment began during the drive, when my dash gauge showed 1.2 miles to the next turn, while the audio announced the turn was in 2 kilometers. The audio continued to count down in klicks, while the dash was in miles and feet. Perhaps it has dualling personalities? I guess I should be happy it wasn't directing me in German.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all. I took delivery of my Gentian Blue 4S almost two weeks ago. Truly a great car. I had an entertaining bug pop up today. I used the voice command to engage the Nav, which was easy. The entertainment began during the drive, when my dash gauge showed 1.2 miles to the next turn, while the audio announced the turn was in 2 kilometers. The audio continued to count down in klicks, while the dash was in miles and feet. Perhaps it has dualling personalities? I guess I should be happy it wasn't directing me in German.
It’ll update in time. You’ll see a “maps updated successfully” type message and then it’ll be good.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, except, they've already shipped Android Auto in their retrofit head unit for older cars. While it's quite likely most of their users have iPhones, there's a not insignificant number of people who use Android, especially in the EU. Why exclude them?
David, a hesitation as I understand it is that Google requires release of vehicle performance data like all OBD data to Google as part of the Android Auto license agreement. Companies with great investments in performance and also possible concerns for customer privacy may have issue with this. Apple Car Play has no such requirements.

OP
OP

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
David, a hesitation as I understand it is that Google requires release of vehicle performance data like all OBD data to Google as part of the Android Auto license agreement. Companies with great investments in performance and also possible concerns for customer privacy may have issue with this. Apple Car Play has no such requirements.
I'd read the same thing. However, Porsche is shipping Android Auto in their "radio retrofits", and BMW is now shipping it, so I think whatever negotiations were needed have been accomplished.

(Porsche is definitely using Google info in their non-Taycan maps, and they're using Google for POI searches in the Taycan as well, so there's certainly a continuing relationship there...)

Taycan_Rolf

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4
Country flag
Weird new problem, where Connect says my car is now in "Private" mode when I haven't changed anything at all (it's been sitting charging since my Electrify America adventures).
This happen to me also from time to time. I assume some updates in then backend of Porsche. Same time the connect website was also down (via laptop).

Ymt400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Tycan 4S in Gentian Blue: Previous: Macan S
Country flag
This happen to me also from time to time. I assume some updates in then backend of Porsche. Same time the connect website was also down (via laptop).
Anybody seen this before as not able to load Connect today!!!
Porsche Taycan Bugs / issues I've noticed so far, after a few hours, and much less than 11,000 miles of driving 0CAFBB5A-E257-4271-A594-9E16ECE4E292

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes it does not work at all today. Think the Porsche servers are down!

AMR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche has made us aware that the PCM keeps rebooting on a number of Porsche vehicles. There is an easy way to resolve this issue. Please see the following steps or view the video below:

1. Press and hold the PCM info button for approximately 10 seconds until the PCM reboots.

2. Immediately select the following from the PCM CAR > OPTION > Set PCM System > Reset PCM > Vehicle Handover > Yes > Yes

i hope it will help you
Where is the PCM info button?