DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi all, I’ve ordered a RWD Taycan and will take delivery later this year. I’m a keen road cyclist so I have been looking at various transport options for my bikes. I have some good ideas thanks to other posts in this forum (especially the “Seasucker” looks great). I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone managed to put a road bicycle in the boot of the car (With seats down)? And if so, ever tried two?
2. For the Porsche supplied roof bars, how long does it take to a) install and b) de-install the bars (I don’t want them on all the time)?
3. For the Seasucker mounts, how long does it take to install and de-install?

Thanks a lot.

Dan
Sponsored

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Hi all, I’ve ordered a RWD Taycan and will take delivery later this year. I’m a keen road cyclist so I have been looking at various transport options for my bikes. I have some good ideas thanks to other posts in this forum (especially the “Seasucker” looks great). I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone managed to put a road bicycle in the boot of the car (With seats down)? And if so, ever tried two?
2. For the Porsche supplied roof bars, how long does it take to a) install and b) de-install the bars (I don’t want them on all the time)?
3. For the Seasucker mounts, how long does it take to install and de-install?

Thanks a lot.

Dan

Dan: If you lay the back seats down, remove the front wheel and take out your seat post and saddle, you can fit a road bike in the Taycan. I have done this many times. I also have the Porsche roof racks. Once you put them on the first time and have figured out the proper fit, it only takes 5 or 10 minutes to install or remove after.

If you look at some of my old posts you will see pictures of my Taycan 4s with either my mountain bike or my road bike on top of the car.

Paul

axpy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD
Country flag
Nice car, rack and bike. How do you like the Komodo so far? How bad is the impact on the battery range? I have a mini bomber that I am using on my 718 and I was thinking about using it on my soon to be RWD ST instead of going for the Porsche one.

OP
OP

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Nice car, rack and bike. How do you like the Komodo so far? How bad is the impact on the battery range? I have a mini bomber that I am using on my 718 and I was thinking about using it on my soon to be RWD ST instead of going for the Porsche one.
I use it regularly and I absolutely love it. The Komodo fits nicely in the frunk which I otherwise don’t use, and takes only a minute to install or remove. The finish and build quality are amazing.

Battery life? Can’t say I’ve noticed any impact, but where I live battery is not a concern as my longest drive is no more than 60 minutes away. Maybe it’s because my bike is so aero that I don’t notice ;-).

if you have the mini bomber then you could try it out before splashing out on the Komodo.

axpy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD
Country flag
Awesome! I need space for 2 bikes so replacing the mini bomber with 2 Komodo's would be a tad excessive. My main concern is the loss of range since this is going to be my first EV; I went for a RWD with the 79kWh battery. Is that a GT4 I spot with the RR 105 license plate? I dig your neighborhood.

Porsche Taycan Taycan and road bicycles transport options PXL_20210419_232950142

OP
OP

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Awesome! I need space for 2 bikes so replacing the mini bomber with 2 Komodo's would be a tad excessive. My main concern is the loss of range since this is going to be my first EV; I went for a RWD with the 79kWh battery. Is that a GT4 I spot with the RR 105 license plate? I dig your neighborhood.

PXL_20210419_232950142.jpeg
Two Komodos would certainly be excessive, but they’d sure look great!

As for range, I’m no aerodynamics expert but I can’t imagine that racing bikes are going to make a dangerous dent on range. If you are planning on making trips where the range is touch and go without a bike then maybe think twice. However, as you already have the MB you can do a test yourself without worry, just do a shorter but representative trip with and without and compare - of course there are other variables.

I also have the RWD like yours. I used to stress about range, before I got the car, then when I got it and had the charging station installed in my parking space I never worry about it any more. I always use it in “sports plus” mode, and fully charged it often says 350km+ which is way way more than I ever need to worry about. Your mileage may be different, if you excuse the pun.

As for the local cars in my area… Hong Kong is a funny [aka expensive] place. Porsches are as common as more practical/reasonably priced vehicles from where I’m originally from. On a typical short drive to/from town you’d likely see multiple Ferrari/Lambo/etc, and now a Taycan almost every time. When the roads/terrain prevent you from rarely being able to break 70mph (and mostly much less) it’s important to have a luxury sports car as you can probably appreciate ;-).

Don’t stress, your car is ordered and it is what it is. Maybe see how the MB works out before you splash out on a Porsche solution. Imo SeaSucker looks a lot better, both in active use and of course for its ease of removal.

Gabriel Borges

First Name
gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus 2022 / Mercedes G63 2015
Country flag
I don't have glass roof, so in my case only seasucker for one bike works.

Porsche Taycan Taycan and road bicycles transport options Captura de Tela 2022-10-14 às 23.14.26

Porsche Taycan Taycan and road bicycles transport options 36969bda-1c30-48f7-bfd4-05d40731b433.JPG

Porsche Taycan Taycan and road bicycles transport options c3ec7400-32bb-4a8f-83cf-424c732b59fb.JPG

TOMTAYCAN

First Name
Thomas Vigil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4 Edition, Tundra, 4Runner, Taycan 4s CT
Country flag
I have a after market bike carrier for sell. it mounts in the two rear ports and includes two bike racks which mount up and disassemble in minutes. Pic was too large but I'll add a link for reference. $1200 plus shipping in US includes the plug which disengages the back up sensor alert.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Silly question, but what keeps these from being stolen unless you are with your car/bike the whole time it is mounted?

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
I use the porsche rack with thule attachments. Maybe 5-10 minutes to get on and off when you have the pano room. For me its a wash time wise compared to using the seasuckers on my other car. Does work better/safer with 2 people
Porsche Taycan Taycan and road bicycles transport options NU1cb7Ch

OP
OP

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I use the porsche rack with thule attachments. Maybe 5-10 minutes to get on and off when you have the pano room. For me its a wash time wise compared to using the seasuckers on my other car. Does work better/safer with 2 people
NU1cb7Ch.jpg
Is it an accident that your bike matches the car? ;-)

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
Happy accident. I have several bikes but I did pick the blue one for the photo...