Just bought a 21 Taycan Turbo S

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

My name is Abraham and I just purchased a used 21 Taycan Turbo S...really well spec'd...11k on the odo. Window was 216k and I paid 159K...seems like a good deal. This was a car that was bought back by Porsche and according to the carfax had the HV Battery replaced. Everything is great so far, no issues, dragy'd the car to make sure it was making all the power and it was spot on.

Few questions...

1. I am on notice for the PCM update recall...seems like people are not happy with this update...should I skip?
Re-programme main computer (PCM)
Campaign number ANA6

2. I am also on notice for front seat harness...
Reworking wire harness for front seats
Campaign number ANA5

Other than that I did have a few other questions pertaining to the functions on the car...

1. How do I quickly access the homelink button when leaving my house...I reverse out of my garage and driveway, which causes the reverse camera to come on...I then need to park, hit the homelink and put it back in reverse again...is there a button i can hit while the reverse cam is on to access the homelink?

2. Did Porsche extend the warranties on the cars that were reacquired and had the HV battery replaced?

Pics of the black mamba!

Porsche Taycan Just bought a 21 Taycan Turbo S taycan1-

Porsche Taycan Just bought a 21 Taycan Turbo S taycan3-

Porsche Taycan Just bought a 21 Taycan Turbo S taycan8-

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche Barrington by chance? They seem to have a lot of buybacks - I also acquired mine through them.

Definitely get the updates done as soon as you can. They not only improve the reliability of the PCM, but also have some tangible range benefits as well.

Don't know the answer to your question on homelink, but I am 99% sure that the warranty is not extended on buybacks. You still get the remainder of the original warranty, but nothing else.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Congratz on the new Taycan - it looks great!

Regarding homelink - i programed the shortcut button on the steering wheel with homelink and it works quite well. Others have set the shortcut key on the dash for homelink (i have mine set for sports sound :p). Otherwise, I dont think you can override the rear camera image to show the homelink option.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratz on the new Taycan - it looks great!

Regarding homelink - i programed the shortcut button on the steering wheel with homelink and it works quite well. Others have set the shortcut key on the dash for homelink (i have mine set for sports sound :p). Otherwise, I dont think you can override the rear camera image to show the homelink option.

Hope that helps!
thank you!

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Barrington by chance? They seem to have a lot of buybacks - I also acquired mine through them.

Definitely get the updates done as soon as you can. They not only improve the reliability of the PCM, but also have some tangible range benefits as well.

Don't know the answer to your question on homelink, but I am 99% sure that the warranty is not extended on buybacks. You still get the remainder of the original warranty, but nothing else.
Thank you...the car is from porsche barrington but my friends dealer bought it from them and sold it to me...

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
thank you!
For the Homelink issue when the reverse camera is on there should be a little Homelink icon next to the back up screen. You can push the icon and your garage screen should override the back up camera. Push and hold the garage screen and then when the garage door starts to close than hit the "X" on the garage screen and it should close and the back up camera should come back. Hope this makes sense.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
How risky is buying a buyback car? I assume the original warranty still applies and one can get extended warranty (maybe more expensive compared to a non-buyback?) afterwards?

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No idea on buy-back and prices but that price seems pretty good compared to all other prices I saw recently for a TTS. Nice pick up - seems like a nice one.

...definitely get the ANA6 - it's worth it.

Quest786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

My name is Abraham and I just purchased a used 21 Taycan Turbo S...really well spec'd...11k on the odo. Window was 216k and I paid 159K...seems like a good deal. This was a car that was bought back by Porsche and according to the carfax had the HV Battery replaced. Everything is great so far, no issues, dragy'd the car to make sure it was making all the power and it was spot on.

Few questions...

1. I am on notice for the PCM update recall...seems like people are not happy with this update...should I skip?
Re-programme main computer (PCM)
Campaign number ANA6

2. I am also on notice for front seat harness...
Reworking wire harness for front seats
Campaign number ANA5

Other than that I did have a few other questions pertaining to the functions on the car...

1. How do I quickly access the homelink button when leaving my house...I reverse out of my garage and driveway, which causes the reverse camera to come on...I then need to park, hit the homelink and put it back in reverse again...is there a button i can hit while the reverse cam is on to access the homelink?

2. Did Porsche extend the warranties on the cars that were reacquired and had the HV battery replaced?

Pics of the black mamba!

taycan1-jpg.jpg

taycan3-jpg.jpg

taycan8-jpg.jpg
Congratulations, Your Taycan looks great. I also bought a buyback TTS 2020 for 150,000, it only had 3000 miles on it. It also had its HV battery replaced. Sticker price same as yours. Yes warranty doesn't extend but you can buy extended warranty at a later date prior to original warranty expires.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The ANA6 adds a button which you can access while the camera is on.

Besides, this update fixes a lot of software issues and people are quite happy about it.
I, myself, am going in next week.
It can take a few days though.
Highly recommend.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Who's unhappy with it? It fixes a million super irritating PCM bugs. I strongly recommend it.
Agreed.
But uPgrade (might) also bring some new issues, like black screen(s) or flickering on passengers’ screen.
Based on my experiences, there’s no range improvements…actually, i’m seeing about 5% less.

But stiil - i’d recommend uPgrade as well.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Many congratulations!
I got my car back yesterday from my local dealer about PCM update & other recalls & so far looks & feels a lot faster than the older version. For me a must!
Also Regeneration on Auto feels a lot more responsive when slowing down in advance.
Sponsored