MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Those that think the "dented bumper" is an intake or a design feature.... wow.... haha.

Notice that it is where the ultrasonic sensor is, and oddly enough the cone of detection is basically the exact size of that "dent" right?. :rolleyes:

So far I think it looks sharp, hardens up the edges a bit.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
If the new design looks like that, I guess I will be buying either Polestar or Lotus next

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
They always look “badl” in these photos. They are intentionally masked like that. Look at the Macan photos too! In reality it might actually be quite cool.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The headlights look more integrated. This should have been done from the beginning.
It could also be camouflage - added "glass cover" in front of the headlight. You could probably do that to today's Taycans, just get an acrylic custom light cover made at one of the plastics shops.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
It could also be camouflage - added "glass cover" in front of the headlight. You could probably do that to today's Taycans, just get an acrylic custom light cover made at one of the plastics shops.
I think you are correct about the camo. However, the cover would likely create a strange lighting effect.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Anyone know when this gen will ship? I've got an order placed since June, scheduled for delivery April 2023 (which I do not believe will happen for one moment intuit time scale), but, I don't really want to end up with a company lease car over a three year term being the last of what will 'soon' be the 'old' shape model. Any thoughts on release dates for Gen 2?
My guess is:
1. Will be introduced Sep-Nov 2023 on one of the Motor Shows.
2. On sale in Europe from Dec 2023, other markets from March-May 2024 in steps.

Most importantly it is NOT a GEN2 but a .2 (facelift) model. GEN2 will be introduced (taking the 7Y life cycle) in late 2026 as a MY2027 Model.

Last edited:

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can see the regular headlight inside the clear cover.
Also, if you put a black vynil wrap over a regular(or sport design?) bumper, it should end up like this.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The front bumper dents remind me of Camry rear bumpers.

• Haha
Reactions: DGW

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
This does look sharp as hell. I like it.

Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024 Taycan Sedan and Sport Turismo Test Prototypes Spied (Note: bumper still covered / camouflaged) 📸 1666277036395

Most noticeable to me: Sharper crease line on the fender leading to the headlight, not as soft as the current Taycan.

Also there is an entirely different headlight design on the sedan test mule:
Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024 Taycan Sedan and Sport Turismo Test Prototypes Spied (Note: bumper still covered / camouflaged) 📸 1666277120599

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This does look sharp as hell. I like it.

1666277036395.png

Most noticeable to me: Sharper crease line on the fender leading to the headlight, not as soft as the current Taycan.

Also there is an entirely different headlight design on the sedan test mule:
1666277120599.png
Idk about those headlights... I think the current Taycan is so iconic and could be a modern classic. This seems to be moving away from that. It removes some of the design language that I associate with the Taycan.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Idk about those headlights... I think the current Taycan is so iconic and could be a modern classic. This seems to be moving away from that. It removes some of the design language that I associate with the Taycan.
Not sure they are the final product, but the present headlight design might have been an offer to the aerodynamics gods???

The front air intakes might also have been adjusted to avoid getting all that dirt into the fans for cooling. Could addess the ticking noise etc.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Not sure they are the final product, but the present headlight design might have been an offer to the aerodynamics gods???

The front air intakes might also have been adjusted to avoid getting all that dirt into the fans for cooling. Could addess the ticking noise etc.
TBH I didn’t even expect them to have a new design so soon. I thought the Porsche cycle has been 7 years tbh.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
TBH I didn’t even expect them to have a new design so soon. I thought the Porsche cycle has been 7 years tbh.
It is/will be a .2 (facelift) model that is introduced usually 4 years.

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The following comparative image suggests a new sharp crease on the bonnet from the inner aspect of the headlights towards to side mirrors, the bonnet on the current model is more rounded.

I understand the Taycan designers fought hard to keep the Taycan’s headlights distinct from the rest of the range so I would be a little surprised if they changed, except for aero reasons and this design if confirmed does look cleaner, but somehow more bland and less interesting.

Of more significance would be any range or battery changes although I suspect they are likely to be minor and major changes saved for the Gen 2 model.

Porsche Taycan Facelift 2024 Taycan Sedan and Sport Turismo Test Prototypes Spied (Note: bumper still covered / camouflaged) 📸 70AB772E-B6A2-4796-9171-FBA8000DEDCA
Sponsored