First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Is that above your garage door runners?
No, the picture has been rotated 90. Degrees to the left. The white on the right of the picture is my skirting board. Above the Zappi is the garage vac.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
there IFIFY …

Porsche Taycan Charger Installed! D29CAC2A-1015-4F3E-B7E0-593485B46EBC

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There’s a cool little app as well for this unit, allowing for smart charging, delayed charging etc. It is also capable of taking power from solar etc.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
With my car almost here, I need to decide if I go for zappi or Porsche install or both!

I ordered the Porsche enclosure for the mandatory charger but I’m getting a 9kw solar install next month and the zappi provides a ‘trickle’ charge based on solar output.

any thoughts on what you loose if I just go zappi charger? Or the benefits of using the Porsche charger?

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With my car almost here, I need to decide if I go for zappi or Porsche install or both!

I ordered the Porsche enclosure for the mandatory charger but I’m getting a 9kw solar install next month and the zappi provides a ‘trickle’ charge based on solar output.

any thoughts on what you loose if I just go zappi charger? Or the benefits of using the Porsche charger?
Single phase at home with solar? I’d go zappi. At work I’ve got 3 phase so Porsche enclosure with Porsche charger set at 32Amp to get 11kw charging. The PC can have a pin so if it is a public accessible area then it’s perfect to control who uses it.

CinVinman

First Name
VInce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My 240V line was installed before the Porsche charger was available and it is a tight fit against the window casing in the garage. Does this Zappi model need to be mounted over top the supply electrical plug or can it be mounted to the side?

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
A Zappi can be mounted anywhere really as it’s a hard wired unit and would likely need to be installed by an electrician

CinVinman

First Name
VInce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A Zappi can be mounted anywhere really as it’s a hard wired unit and would likely need to be installed by an electrician
So what you are saying is I need to have my electrician install a plug on the Zappi or remove the wall plug for the hard wired normal installation?

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Where does the intelligence sit when you use a Porsche charger/connect app?

I.e.does the app tell the car to pull load from the charger or does the app tell the charger to Push load?

just thinking if I switch to zappi as the charger can you still setup charging profiles in the Porsche app or do I use the zappi app to set charging times?

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So what you are saying is I need to have my electrician install a plug on the Zappi or remove the wall plug for the hard wired normal installation?
The Zappi has a inbuilt cable connector, so you electrician would remove the socket and wire it straight into the unit.
Sponsored