Funny little things that drive me crazy | diva safe zone

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Super happy with my Taycan. One year into ownership and it is such a blast to drive.

I agree with the design of the center console, it is a non-functional mess. A dimple on the unlock button would be nice too. Opened the frunk too many times.

What really annoys me is the Connect app. It is painfully slow and often fails to update the settings in the car. Useless. We also have a VW ID.3 and the app is much more responsive and stable. Rather sad for the Taycan which is 5 times more expensive…
Sponsored

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Super happy with my Taycan. One year into ownership and it is such a blast to drive.

I agree with the design of the center console, it is a non-functional mess. A dimple on the unlock button would be nice too. Opened the frunk too many times.

What really annoys me is the Connect app. It is painfully slow and often fails to update the settings in the car. Useless. We also have a VW ID.3 and the app is much more responsive and stable. Rather sad for the Taycan which is 5 times more expensive…
I don't know what your LTE plan in europe is for the Taycan but it could be you are in a poor service area for that carrier at your home... unfortunately Porsche in their wisdom only allows the car to connect to their app (connect prior and My Porsche now) via Wi-Fi in Russia (well I guess that doesn't matter anymore)... does it seem to behave quicker when your car is in different locations (e.g. where the LTE connection has more bars?)....

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know what your LTE plan in europe is for the Taycan but it could be you are in a poor service area for that carrier at your home... unfortunately Porsche in their wisdom only allows the car to connect to their app (connect prior and My Porsche now) via Wi-Fi in Russia (well I guess that doesn't matter anymore)... does it seem to behave quicker when your car is in different locations (e.g. where the LTE connection has more bars?)....
The location of the car does not seem to have any impact.

The Taycan has got the same carrier as as the ID.3 and they are standing next to each other in the carport. Yet, one is a lot quicker responding to the app... and it is not the Taycan ;)

Don't you have issues when, for example, enabling/disabling a charging profile? When saving and sending to the car it fails 9/10 times. I have to save a few times and then change is in effect.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
The location of the car does not seem to have any impact.

The Taycan has got the same carrier as as the ID.3 and they are standing next to each other in the carport. Yet, one is a lot quicker responding to the app... and it is not the Taycan ;)

Don't you have issues when, for example, enabling/disabling a charging profile? When saving and sending to the car it fails 9/10 times. I have to save a few times and then change is in effect.
Mmm I'll take a look- I don't modify my charging profiles frequently (I set it up once and never changed it)... maybe I have the same issue - but everything else I use on the app does work pretty quickly.

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mmm I'll take a look- I don't modify my charging profiles frequently (I set it up once and never changed it)... maybe I have the same issue - but everything else I use on the app does work pretty quickly.
Thanks! I set up multiple home location charging profiles, “Standby” at 50%, “Charged” at 85% and “Full” at 100%. With the idea that I could simply switch between profiles depending on use.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
  • Ingress/egress is difficult for 6'3 me with a bad hip. I have to move the wheel all the way forward manually before I exit, as comfort entry just moves it uselessly up (not forward).

• The timer/profile nonsense is way overcomplicated and should just be a simple slider exactly as Tesla does it, with an optional time window for time-of-use discounts.

• When cleaning the car, water tends to collect around the trunk and dump everywhere.

• Cleaning that rear diffuser is annoying and has lot of little nooks where dirt likes to hide.

• Carplay kills your previous audio source when it connects and takes control whether you want it to or not. (See "Why I dumped Carplay" thread)

• The RWD Taycan is slower than the RWD Model 3.

• It's not a 2 door coupe with a 2+2 seating arrangement, which would be preferable.
+1 to your point #3

taycanpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The ergonomics of the center console are just pathetic. Nothing is where it should be, and using the center storage or cup holders is just awkward, as is the design of the B pillar, which seems like it was meant to make it hard to look dignified entering or exiting the car.

Comfort entry is spotty. I sometimes find myself waving my foot under the rear bumper or waving my hand over the front for long enough that I may appear to be mental to casual observers.

I would like more driving modes for innodrive. The current function should be called "sport" mode, but a new mode -- perhaps "cruise" mode -- should be much more active in steering and it should have audible warnings when it is unable to do so.

I also wish I could electronically open and close each door from the car, that the driver's door would open automatically when I approach with key and close and lock automatically when I walk away from the vehicle with the key. Easy. Others have shown how this works.
Any complaints about the innodrive centering for longer trips? I was hoping that as it is, it is effective enough to make longer highway driving less tiresome.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Any complaints about the innodrive centering for longer trips? I was hoping that as it is, it is effective enough to make longer highway driving less tiresome.
You mean Active Lane Keeping.

ALK = centering between lines (and beware, if the lines go away so does it with no warning!)
Innodrive = irritating speed changes

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
Can’t wait to get my car so that I can find things to complain about! For now it’s still a dream. 13 months and counting. Car is built and waiting on 12v battery. Not sure if that makes things worse!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I was merely being sarcastic. I don't choose my vehicles based on anyone else's opinions, and I don't think anyone else should either. Really. Don't worry Viejo ;)
Bingo! I never understood why people would chose their next vehicle based on other people's opinion of what looks good. I always bought vehicles I wanted, with options I wanted, even if it went against popular opinion. One example would be when I got a top of the line (at the time) Tesla which came with free red calipers, I chose to delete those calipers and go with standard black (same calipers, just a different color). I mentioned it once on a forum, and people were telling me how stupid that decision was since Tesla at that time was actually charging $2K to paint lower trim calipers red. I really don't care, I buy the car I want to drive, not one which will win popularity contests. Oh, I once paid extra to delete a sunroof on a 911 custom build which came with a package I selected - not something Porsche allows anymore btw, but I did hear some dissenting opinions from fellow Porsche owners on that (back then no forums on the internet). So today I don't share my build codes publicly, since I have no desire to respond to people tell me how their taste differs from mine (or worse, people who try to predict the resale values, i.e. what will people like few years from now).

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Can’t wait to get my car so that I can find things to complain about! For now it’s still a dream. 13 months and counting. Car is built and waiting on 12v battery. Not sure if that makes things worse!
Fellow North Westerner, 17 months and counting. Car not even built yet (latest production ETA moved recently from November to January). What Taycan you waiting for?

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
Fellow North Westerner, 17 months and counting. Car not even built yet (latest production ETA moved recently from November to January). What Taycan you waiting for?
17 months. Wow! Now I’m feeling ‘lucky’. I’m waiting on a Sport Turismo. I originally ordered a CT but when they brought out the ST I switched within a couple of days as I wanted the convenience of the hatchback for golf clubs but felt I was compromising with the CT as the higher ride height and wheel arch trims weren’t really for me. I guess it meant that I was one of the first to order an ST. Interestingly though, my dealer was always quoting later delivery dates and then suddenly, I got a build date and things moved ahead quickly. I’ve never really got to the bottom of why that was; the dealer just said that a build slot came up and they gave it to me 🤷‍♂️

What car have you ordered?

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
Bingo! I never understood why people would chose their next vehicle based on other people's opinion of what looks good. I always bought vehicles I wanted, with options I wanted, even if it went against popular opinion. One example would be when I got a top of the line (at the time) Tesla which came with free red calipers, I chose to delete those calipers and go with standard black (same calipers, just a different color). I mentioned it once on a forum, and people were telling me how stupid that decision was since Tesla at that time was actually charging $2K to paint lower trim calipers red. I really don't care, I buy the car I want to drive, not one which will win popularity contests. Oh, I once paid extra to delete a sunroof on a 911 custom build which came with a package I selected - not something Porsche allows anymore btw, but I did hear some dissenting opinions from fellow Porsche owners on that (back then no forums on the internet). So today I don't share my build codes publicly, since I have no desire to respond to people tell me how their taste differs from mine (or worse, people who try to predict the resale values, i.e. what will people like few years from now).
I think it’s a shame that you don’t share your codes anymore as I like to see how other people approach things. It informs my opinion which sometimes I change and sometimes I don’t. But, I do understand. It seems that people have lost the art of valuing others views and opinions even if they decide their tastes are not for them. Celebrate the difference is a great approach imo.
Sponsored