Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger?

Jimmy3993

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger? 64585B04-E588-4779-8307-F3D61EB4EDC2

My car comes with the charger and this larger plastic housing. It looks like this install somehow has the wall outlet covered by the housing. I like the clean look. Has anyone had this kind of install done?
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes. Just had mine done. It's installed over the NEMA 14-50 outlet my electrician installed. Here are pics. The picture with the door open will show how the mobile charger connect snaps in and is plugged into the outlet. It's a very clean look. I was reluctant to purchase it due to the $470 price, but now that it's installed, I'm glad I did.

Porsche Taycan Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger? IMG_2611.JPG

Porsche Taycan Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger? IMG_2612.JPG

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Maybe a slightly different question, but I didn't think it was necessary to start a new thread. I have a Taycan 4S on order (europe, netherlands) with ofcourse, the mobile charger connect. I opt the following options under e-mobility:
Porsche Taycan Has anyone installed this Porsche home charger? Schermafbeelding 2020-06-23 om 12.41.01

Now my question is if the charger still comes with a normal schucko wall socket plug.
So does the mobile charger connect come with the industrial 400V / 32A and the 230V wall socket plug or only the 400V / 32A and not the home outlet plug?
Thanks in advance!

OP
OP

Jimmy3993

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
Yes. Just had mine done. It's installed over the NEMA 14-50 outlet my electrician installed. Here are pics. The picture with the door open will show how the mobile charger connect snaps in and is plugged into the outlet. It's a very clean look. I was reluctant to purchase it due to the $470 price, but now that it's installed, I'm glad I did.

IMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG
Perfect.! I have an electrician coming today I’ll show him this picture.
Thx!

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Perfect.! I have an electrician coming today I’ll show him this picture.
Thx!
Note the orientation of the outlet in the picture . . . it's essential . . . my electrician is coming back this week to turn my outlet upside down.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Maybe a slightly different question, but I didn't think it was necessary to start a new thread. I have a Taycan 4S on order (europe, netherlands) with ofcourse, the mobile charger connect. I opt the following options under e-mobility:
Schermafbeelding 2020-06-23 om 12.41.01.png

Now my question is if the charger still comes with a normal schucko wall socket plug.
So does the mobile charger connect come with the industrial 400V / 32A and the 230V wall socket plug or only the 400V / 32A and not the home outlet plug?
Thanks in advance!
In my case this was the way it was delivered. I think the standard delivery is with a normal plug for 220 volt and 2.5 meter cable to the car. As a no cost option you can specify one additional plug as you have done and then the longer car cable at 7.5 meters.
so all should be fine

OP
OP

Jimmy3993

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
Note the orientation of the outlet in the picture . . . it's essential . . . my electrician is coming back this week to turn my outlet upside down.
Ahhhh!!!! Thank you! The outlet looks like it need to be upside down?

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ahhhh!!!! Thank you! The outlet looks like it need to be upside down?
Yes. My outlet is right side up and I have to have the unit in the docking station upside down for now, The cord that runs to the outlet is too short and inflexible to get to the outlet unless it is upside down as in that picture.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes. My outlet is right side up and I have to have the unit in the docking station upside down for now, The cord that runs to the outlet is too short and inflexible to get to the outlet unless it is upside down as in that picture.
Yes - thanks for the info! I'll have my electrician installing in the next few weeks and good to know. I will contact my dealer to see when I can get this charger - car coming Sept 4.:clap::clap:

OP
OP

Jimmy3993

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
Where do I send your check? I never would have caught that...
Btw, did your plastic box charger stand come with ANY instructions on install?

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Where do I send your check? I never would have caught that...
Btw, did your plastic box charger stand come with ANY instructions on install?
No, zero instructions. I installed it incorrectly at first, not realizing it was meant to encompass the outlet I hung it next to the outlet. It also comes with a black plastic piece that I think is just for packing safety, but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how it was used (before not using it).

OP
OP

Jimmy3993

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
No, zero instructions. I installed it incorrectly at first, not realizing it was meant to encompass the outlet I hung it next to the outlet. It also comes with a black plastic piece that I think is just for packing safety, but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how it was used (before not using it).
To me it looks like first step is the wiring w plug upside down and plug and conduit running slightly left of center of where I want the box. I don’t think the supplied hardware will support the weight so I will have to get some drywall screws.
Then install black flat oval on the wall (in to studs if possible) over the plug and conduit. Then attach silver oval to black oval. Then the box to silver oval then the charger to the inside of the box.
Sound right?

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
To me it looks like first step is the wiring w plug upside down and plug and conduit running slightly left of center of where I want the box. I don’t think the supplied hardware will support the weight so I will have to get some drywall screws.
Then install black flat oval on the wall (in to studs if possible) over the plug and conduit. Then attach silver oval to black oval. Then the box to silver oval then the charger to the inside of the box.
Sound right?
The flat black oval is what I was referring to as something I thought was just for packing safety. I now see that it is for the case where you have the external conduit, which I do not have. Or maybe I was supposed to use it anyway and just didn't? It looks like it was probably used in the fancy picture from the marketing, which doesn't have the conduit. I bolted the silver plate to my wall using the enclosed drywall screws. I noted that the same box at my dealer was also installed without the black plate (I checked when I picked up my car because I couldn't figure out what to do with it!). I see how the holes in the black piece match the silver plate, but the actual mating of these pieces and attachment to the wall isn't clear to me. Maybe HelfFL can explain. If only it came with instructions . . .