DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
hmmm title confuses me - I see no mistakes…not even with the EVSE - not using a PMC+/PMCC - gorgeous vehicle - the only mistake was probably not doing it sooner.
The mistake was the expenditure :). But I will say the car is amazing and a very different experience from the RWD.

So much more power, and the color is far more "me."

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
not using a PMC+/PMCC
I removed the charging bag and chucked it directly into the closet.
I doubt I will ever use it. Even if I want an emergency unit on a road trip I will probably buy Tesla's as it's so much smaller.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats & be safe on the road :like:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
The mistake was the expenditure
People joke about this all the time - I'm known to make similar and more egregious references along the same lines at a sad attempt to cast me in a jovial light…I understand it, I get it, I partake in it…

but honestly as I'm getting older I honestly am tired of people feeling one spending quality money for a quality product is something to apologize for…

you've been somewhat successful at acquiring resources (money) and Porsche does not make a crap product, making high quality things costs more money than low quality thing - and if you can pay for it, and you value it, and you can afford it - no joke - it's 100% fine!

yes mistakes were made, but honestly congratulations - we are all quite fortunate that we can afford one of these well made, well considered and quite frankly awesome personal transportation products mistakes.

Enjoy it in good health and forget about the money!!

my next mistake will be and _IS_ a 2023 911 GT3 RS - yes mistakes were made…but OMG what a mistake to make!!!

the next mistake after that may be a Taycan ST when there is a significant upgrade in tangelble features…(no face lift for me)

the mistake after that will be a Mercedes/Porsche/BMW full BEV to replace the previous mistake of a TurboS eHybrid Cayenne…

if you want to battle in the area of "mistakes were made" - careful who you're dealing with - I'll wipe the floor with you - :cool::rock::clap::CWL: - so so so many mistakes.

@DerekS - a long time forum contributor, Porsche & Taycan Fan - gorgeous vehicle - congratulations - and may we all continue to make such mistakes - because if things keep going the way they are going I really really feel some self care and retail therapy for a high quality product is about the best way to spend the money - cause mostly the alternatives suck - about the only better alternative for the money is time with family and friends…

what a gorgeous mistake - may you make many many more in the future.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
about the only better alternative for the money is time with family and friends…
this week's mistake along these lines is the cost/hassel/pain/suffering of my wife's family's annual thankgiving visit - costs are outrageous, mistakes have been, are being, and will continue to be made…

but I missed the same mistake in 2020 when at the height of the pandemic mistakes like this were not an option…

yeah - mistakes were made, but I'll make them again cause as I said, the alternatives are normally worse!

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Congratulations! Beautiful car! May I ask if the dealer had an ADM on it? I’m wondering if the dealerships are starting to relax them a bit. Here in SoCal all the dealerships still have $20+k ADM’s. It’s very frustrating because I’d LIKE to buy local but out of principal won’t pay a mark up. I’d rather wait for the right deal. Again congratulations on the new beautiful acquisition and hope you have many miles of bliss ahead!

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations! Beautiful car! May I ask if the dealer had an ADM on it? I’m wondering if the dealerships are starting to relax them a bit. Here in SoCal all the dealerships still have $20+k ADM’s. It’s very frustrating because I’d LIKE to buy local but out of principal won’t pay a mark up. I’d rather wait for the right deal. Again congratulations on the new beautiful acquisition and hope you have many miles of bliss ahead!
No ADM thankfully. I will never pay over MSRP.

I probably could have done better on the trade though.

Last edited:

Ipercool

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS ST - 22 BMW i3S - 18 MINI Countryman
Country flag
Bellissimo Derek!
Bravo!!

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Absolutely yes, and as soon as possible. I work with Houston Orona’s company, XPert Film Solutions.
They work out of RAC Performance in Carrollton.

https://xpertfilmsolutions.com/
Congrats on the car. I just locked in my freeze options with a 4S delivery for March. The PPF dealer you’re using has great prices. Here in the DC area, the full front wraps are starting at $2,200.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats on the car. I just locked in my freeze options with a 4S delivery for March. The PPF dealer you’re using has great prices. Here in the DC area, the full front wraps are starting at $2,200.
He's also the best. Wrapped edges, no seams, all custom.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
what's the spec like mate?
Options I wish I had, but can live without:
  • Power charge ports
  • Passenger display (just to get rid of the plastic panel)
I thought I wanted the painted Mission E and PSCBs but I do like these GTS specific wheels also.
Sponsored

Attachments