Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I have a feeling that those LED strip lights are stickers...as well as the silver Panamera-ish vent on the fenders. Look closely...
Sponsored

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I have a feeling that those LED strip lights are stickers...as well as the silver Panamera-ish vent on the fenders. Look closely...
They are stickers. They are not even stuck on very evenly.......

And with the air intake, spoiler and side skirts in white as well
:)
Don’t think they will be in white ...... looking closely at the photos you can see that these panels are of a different shine, not a gloss so they will stay black in my opinion therefore I left them black in my attempts.

GT3GT4 man

Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT4, Boxster Spider, Macan GTS, 458 Spider
Country flag
This. How is this not ugly? I presume I will be canceling my order and looking forward to the Tesla Roadster.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
This. How is this not ugly? I presume I will be canceling my order and looking forward to the Tesla Roadster.
Thats obviously not a best spy snapshot....look a this one, with color photo shopped...and that is still a mule if you look at exposed things on the lower part of the bumper cover that most likely will be covered later. It does look like the Taycan mule is giving birth or taking a dump in that lower bumper cover, but maybe that wil also be same color as the vehicle, but overall its fairly close to the Mission E

You are comparing the wrong vehicle. The Roadster will be a $250,000 (supposedly $200k, but you know that won't happen) vehicle with two usable seats. You will have to compare that vehicle to the 911 when it comes out with electric version. The Taycan both price wise and design is intended to compete with the Tesla S.

The Taycan is a 4 door, 4 to 5 passenger sports sedan car. Sorry you are impatient for a Porsche two passenger sports car. CEO Blume has even been referred to the Taycan in German as a "sports limousine" (which for english speakers doesn't really make sense as anglophiles will use the word sports sedan), It is actually difficult to design a true 4 to 5 passenger vehicle and still have a sleek sporty rear end.....think of the 2010 to 2018 Panamera models, a rear end that reminds me of a fat rear end of a woman....lol...(not like the sleek but nicely curved rear end of the Boxster and Caymens or the sleek yet powerful rear end of the 911).

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window taycanWhiteMule

Last edited:

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Taycan is NOT intended to be Porsche's sports car, it is Porsche's sports sedan! (Blume calls it sports limousine). Those expecting otherwise will simply be disappointed. Its a 4 door, 4 or 5 passenger vehicle (exactly what I am looking for).

here it is from the Porsche CEO himself in April when giving interview about the electric Caymen/Boxster

"It makes sense for the Cayman and Boxster to go fully-electric, mimicking what Porsche is doing with their SUV and Limo line-ups.

“We have the idea to offer in each segment three options of engines (high performance petrol, plug-in hybrid and pure electromobility),” Blume told Wheels.

“In the limousine segment, we will have the Panamera as petrol and hybrid and the Taycan as electric. In the SUV segment our ideas is a fully electrified Macan, petrol Cayenne and a hybrid Cayenne. Our idea for the Macan is to continue with some updates as long as possible and then to come round about 2020 with the electrified Macan.”

The Cayman and Boxster will be Porsche’s electric sports car, allowing the 911 to be the high-performance petrol and hybrid of the sports car range which forms the backbone of the company."

Last edited:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
The Taycan is a 4 door, 4 to 5 passenger sports sedan car. Sorry you are impatient for a Porsche two passenger sports car. CEO Blume has even been referred to the Taycan in German as a "sports limousine" (which for english speakers doesn't really make sense as anglophiles will use the word sports sedan), It is actually difficult to design a true 4 to 5 passenger vehicle and still have a sleek sporty rear end.....think of the 2010 to 2018 Panamera models, a rear end that reminds me of a fat rear end of a woman....lol...(not like the sleek but nicely curved rear end of the Boxster and Caymens or the sleek yet powerful rear end of the 911).

taycanWhiteMule.jpg
Compare it visually to the 5-series BMW, Mercedes E Class, and Tesla Model S - its competition, size-wise... and inevitably notice how much sleeker, lower to the ground and sportier the Taycan is than all these three.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
The Taycan is NOT intended to be Porsche's sports car, it is Porsche's sports sedan! (Blume calls it sports limousine). Those expecting otherwise will simply be disappointed. Its a 4 door, 4 or 5 passenger vehicle...... "
Well....they already have that....a Panamera in something like 8 different versions.
This was heralded as THE future of the marque.....with pace-setting design to prove it....and I am not making that up :) .
The 2014/15 highly polished marketing videos were at least 80% about how Porsche Design Dept worked painstakingly to develop every line that you see.

So, it's another 4-door sedan for Porsche......and for those it's suits, it will be 'fine'.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Still black. Still camouflaged. Still crap wheels.

Fun color. 1-1.5" drop and the right wheel diameter, width and offset...

And, I think this is going to be one of the best looking cars on the road.

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window 48148371191_5cf5a01c4c_h

hawc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Country flag
Took your photo and just retouched a few more obviously fake decals.

Porsche Taycan Taycan drops camo revealing headlights, tail lights, rear side window UNNAMED

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Took your photo and just retouched a few more obviously fake decals.

UNNAMED.jpeg
You see, from the front it looks amazing.

It retains that sports-coupe with 4 doors look, instead of looking like a run of the mill sedan

I just wish the rear had the Mission E spoiler, give it a little cohesion

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
I am sure it is no accident that all the mules are black as it seems very difficult to see the lines of the car. Also harder to see stuck on camo, so it seems way to early to make very definitive derogatory statements about the styling IMO.:rolleyes:
Sponsored