delsol805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
That's the one.
It's control module 75 "Telematics".
Still you need a contract with the provider, or at least Porsche should have the contract but you can try, sure.
So my guess is right, thanks. I guess many tech gadgets use a single module for BT/wifi/LTE to save cost and space.
At least now I confirm its my local dealer/Porsche don't want to offer the service to us , not because our cars are missing some components.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Let us know if you find a way to control the spoiler. :)
Porsche Taycan Lowering links? 1665238448693

It's control module 6B "Aerodynamics".
I don't know how it looks in VCDS on the car but according to this ADPmap you can even set treshhold speeds, when and how far the wing opens/closes.
Have to look at that some day, also if there's a test available to open it fully when the car is stationary.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
So my guess is right, thanks. I guess many tech gadgets use a single module for BT/wifi/LTE to save cost and space.
At least now I confirm its my local dealer/Porsche don't want to offer the service to us , not because our cars are missing some components.
It only means the control module is in my car but it doesn't mean it's in your car though.
You have to do a scan yourself to be sure.
Still, I think it's just in there, would be wierd if it wasn't, agree.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Let us know if you find a way to control the spoiler. :)
Porsche Taycan Lowering links? Schermafbeelding 2022-10-08 163737

I was curious so I tried but unfortunately there's a security key needed...:angry:
I also looked at the treshhold speeds and indeed, there's 65, 390 and 2000 km/h...
That doesn't make any sense, does it?
65 shoud be 90, 390 should be 150 and 2000 should be around 200 or so.
Anyone see a pattern?

Last edited:

Klaus Vester

First Name
Klaus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
By removing the wheels.

Really!!!!! - was thinking of there was special trick or you use force/tool to remove - anything one should observent in the process

Senator685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 RWS, Porsche Macan GTS, Audi RS5, Audi S3
Country flag
I managed to make a full back-up of my car so that's succes #1.
And now the best part: I got the SA (not the WSC), that's the Security Access code: 24084, succes #2!

@taycanlovers : here's the proof, changed from 399 into 410mm. :giggle:
I can also bleed the dampers, it's all in there.

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-06 162616.png
Hi Dee, awesome work and thanks for sharing!

Can I ask what change you need to make here exactly? Do you just adjust the currently stored value by the amount of lift/drop you want? Eg. If the stored value is 410mm, would I change that to 400mm for a 10mm drop? And would that then be applied as an adjustment against all ride height settings?

My car should arrive in October. Super excited and really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Senator685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Dee, awesome work and thanks for sharing!

Can I ask what change you need to make here exactly? Do you just adjust the currently stored value by the amount of lift/drop you want? Eg. If the stored value is 410mm, would I change that to 400mm for a 10mm drop? And would that then be applied as an adjustment against all ride height settings?

My car should arrive in October. Super excited and really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Bump

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience re. specific settings to use in VCDS for lowering the Taycan?

Thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Hi Forum, I ordered my RWD with 21"s and air suspension.

currently own a RangeR sport which seats on 24"s and i went with lowering links and works flawless without compromising anything on handling nor comfort.

What are your thoughts about doing lowering links to a Taycan to improve its looks.

Maybe im crazy but, lets hear it!
So...after a year and bit of lurking on this forum, this post got my attention. Why would you destroy something that Porsche engineers have designed to be the best it could possibly be while delivering you the most enjoyable experience while at the same time not sacrificing quality and safety?

I do not want to rain on anyone's parade, but unless you are a teenager dreaming of being Ricky racer, I just do not see the need for it. Why risk the damage and consequences that would come your way? Not to mention that the warranty would be compromised.

But as they say... to each their own. Good luck

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
I've done this. An important thing missed from above is that in order to make adaptation changes using VCDS with certain control modules, the correct security access code is required.

On module 74 the code "20103" will be accepted but in my experience these don't make the required changes. Instead security access code "24085" should be used.

For the record, I lowered mine by 10mm and ran it like this for 2 weeks. I've just reverted to the stock figures.

Last edited:

Senator685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Moonstone. Thanks for the info!

Hoping you can help with my earlier query about what change to actually make:

Do you just adjust the currently stored value by the amount of lift/drop you want? Eg. If the stored value is 410mm, would I change that to 400mm for a 10mm drop? And would that then be applied as an adjustment against all ride height settings?

Thanks!

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Hi Moonstone. Thanks for the info!

Hoping you can help with my earlier query about what change to actually make:

Do you just adjust the currently stored value by the amount of lift/drop you want? Eg. If the stored value is 410mm, would I change that to 400mm for a 10mm drop? And would that then be applied as an adjustment against all ride height settings?

Thanks!
No. The opposite. What you're doing is telling the module that the current height is actually higher that it really is, so that it reduces the height to get back to the correct level. So, you would increase it from 410mm to 420mm for a 10mm drop.

Senator685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ahh, I see! Thanks.

And that then applies globally to all ride height settings? Is the setting retained until changed back?
Sponsored

Last edited: