New Porsche Taycan vs Tesla Model S - WhatCar?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is a comparison article that perhaps owners of each car can comment on the accuracy of. I am a little confused on the 0 to 60 times where it gives 3.1 seconds for the Taycan and yet for the Tesla it gives a claimed number as if they did not test it.

New Porsche Taycan vs Tesla Model S
WhatCar?
https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-porsche-taycan-vs-tesla-model-s/n21606

Just so you know, no need to convince me, I've test drove the Tesla Model S twice once in 2016 and once in 2018 and I am getting the Taycan. The handling trumps all.
Sponsored

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here is a comparison article that perhaps owners of each car can comment on the accuracy of. I am a little confused on the 0 to 60 times where it gives 3.1 seconds for the Taycan and yet for the Tesla it gives a claimed number as if they did not test it.

New Porsche Taycan vs Tesla Model S
WhatCar?
https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-porsche-taycan-vs-tesla-model-s/n21606

Just so you know, no need to convince me, I've test drove the Tesla Model S twice once in 2016 and once in 2018 and I am getting the Taycan. The handling trumps all.
Another data point, I traded a relatively new MS for a Taycan. Fit and finish and vampire drain finally did it to me with the MS.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can't wait for there to be more EVs on the market so people stop comparing the Taycan to a Tesla. It's like comparing a Macan to a Volvo XC40; sure.. they're both compact SUVs but that's about all they have in common.

I get it, though, people are absurdly obsessed with 0-60 times even though the answer with all EVs is "they're more than fast enough".

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Can only agree. Fed up with Tesla comparisons. The Porsche brand is known for quality builds. Tesla is more a software company with a car built around it.
Sponsored