Automobile Mag Taycan review: The Porsche Taycan Turbo Redefines Speed and Acceleration

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Is this a political forum? I thought it was for cars.
Well....guess you must support Trump. Trump irrational antics definitely effect the Taycan....About two or three weeks ago Trump declared European cars to be a national security threat to the USA, a necessary step to impose tariffs. The only way he can legally raise tariffs to any country without Congressional approval is by declaring those products to be a national security threat. Trump already had been threatening tariffs to the German car makers, then the EU negotiators offered NO TARIIFS at all for all cars and trucks as a solution, but it was not accepted by Trump. Currently, cars imported to the EU have a 10 % tariff, while cars imported from EU to the USA only have a 2.5% tariff, but TRUCKS have a 25% (where US car makers make the bulk of their profits). So Trump didn't react to the no tariff offer, but now is tieing the tariffs to agricultural trade!! The USA violates international trade rules in agriculture because it gives massive subsidies to farmers, so European farmers cant compete without tariffs. So the Europeans will not budge on agriculture, meaning that there is a good chance Trump will follow through on this tariff threat against European cars.

The bottom line is that Trump may impose a 25% tariff on German cars in December. This will effect ALL of us that live in the USA that want to buy the Taycan. So yes, it is appropriate to discuss Trump in reference tariffs for German cars. Obviously stay away from other comments about Drumpf.

The demand for the Taycan exceeds the supply in the first year, so it won't effect Porsche's Taycan in the first year, as there are plenty of Europeans and Chinese that will snap up to replace Americans. It will effect Cayenne, Boxster/Caymen, Macan and Panamera sales.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Does anyone have anything more than rumors about the model S and model X interior and exterior refresh coming in September ? With a 400 plus mile range, far superior charging network and a lower price, we have choices. With all of Porsche’s bluster about technology, the larger Tesla model S will have better mi/kWh, better battery tech and better software by a long shot. Are we sure the king has any clothes on?

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Does anyone have anything more than rumors about the model S and model X interior and exterior refresh coming in September ? With a 400 plus mile range, far superior charging network and a lower price, we have choices. With all of Porsche’s bluster about technology, the larger Tesla model S will have better mi/kWh, better battery tech and better software by a long shot. Are we sure the king has any clothes on?
Tesla is unquestionably a great car, and I of course admire the entrepreneurship of the South African immigrant Elon Musk.

According to Consumer Reports, Tesla has the highest customer satisfaction of any carmaker, even though it is not the highest in reliability. Guess who is number 2? Porsche. And again, according to Consumer reports, Tesla owners say they are the most like all of all to buy another Tesla, and guess what carmaker is number 2.....Porsche. In long-term reliability according to JD Power, Lexus is number 1, and Porsche is number 2.

As a 5 time Porsche owner, I fully intend on owning a Taycan, but as an everyday vehicle, I will also be getting the Tesla Y when it comes available. If you want a techie car electric car, get the Tesla, if you want a performance electric car that is supposed to handle as well as the 911, then get the Porsche Taycan. Price is irrelevant at this price level. And charging network in the USA is irrelevant, as 96% of people will charge at home.

The Tesla clearly has its own benefits and image of ownership, and so does the Porsche. As an analogy, a Corvette is similar in performance to a 911, and much cheaper, but I would not be caught dead in a redneck vehicle like that. I wouldn't drive it if you gave it to me free....LOL!! Every person has his own preferences and perceptions of image his/her vehicle projects, so yes, each Emperor (not King), has his own clothes, and some have none, but both Tesla and Porsche have magnificent clothes.
:giggle:

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
The problem with charging at home is if, like me, people want a fun to drive car to actually drive decent distances you have to stop and charge at some point.

Current info looks less than rosy on the Taycans ability to drive like a Porsche for more than short trips. The reality is the 2019 Taycan will ship with a relatively low capacity, outdated battery. That's really troubling for a brand new $100k+ car. We could be looking at a realistic range, if driving like a Porsche should be driven, under 200 miles. That's unacceptable to many people. I want to take my Porsche up to windy mountain roads and let it loose, I'm not sure I'll be able to with a Taycan.

If you're looking at a Taycan for only around town.. why get a 4 door car at all? That's where I've lost sight of Porsche's logic lately. Are they making a fun around town EV or a sporty touring EV? If the former why does it have 4 doors? If the latter why does it have a bad battery?

No, it won't drive like a 911. It's a 2 ton+, big car. There's a reason they've only let non-payroll people ride and not drive one yet.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Tesla is unquestionably a great car, and I of course admire the entrepreneurship of the South African immigrant Elon Musk.

According to Consumer Reports, Tesla has the highest customer satisfaction of any carmaker, even though it is not the highest in reliability. Guess who is number 2? Porsche. And again, according to Consumer reports, Tesla owners say they are the most like all of all to buy another Tesla, and guess what carmaker is number 2.....Porsche. In long-term reliability according to JD Power, Lexus is number 1, and Porsche is number 2.

As a 5 time Porsche owner, I fully intend on owning a Taycan, but as an everyday vehicle, I will also be getting the Tesla Y when it comes available. If you want a techie car electric car, get the Tesla, if you want a performance electric car that is supposed to handle as well as the 911, then get the Porsche Taycan. Price is irrelevant at this price level. And charging network in the USA is irrelevant, as 96% of people will charge at home.

The Tesla clearly has its own benefits and image of ownership, and so does the Porsche. As an analogy, a Corvette is similar in performance to a 911, and much cheaper, but I would not be caught dead in a redneck vehicle like that. I wouldn't drive it if you gave it to me free....LOL!! Every person has his own preferences and perceptions of image his/her vehicle projects, so yes, each Emperor (not King), has his own clothes, and some have none, but both Tesla and Porsche have magnificent clothes.
:giggle:
Thank you for pointing out your superior automotive tastes and making clear your destine for the “redneck” Corvette. I’m a car guy with somewhat broader tolerance and appreciation for cars that are fun to own and drive. I’ll try not to bore you with a long list of cars that I own and plan to own, but among them, include the current generation Z06 Corvette, the Porsche Panamera Turbo, and the Bentley Continental GT. I don’t need to make myself feel morally superior to anybody by saying ridiculous things like, “I wouldn’t be caught dead in that car“. All three cars are quite different from one another and I have a really good time driving all of them You don’t have to like the Corvette, and it’s really OK with me that you wouldn’t consider owning one, but needing to feel morally superior by putting one down in such an extreme way is a kin to the redneck bumper sticker showing the little boy peeing on the Ford or Chevy logo. Maybe you’ve got a little redneck in your blood.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Thank you for pointing out your superior automotive tastes and making clear your destine for the “redneck” Corvette. I’m a car guy with somewhat broader tolerance and appreciation for cars that are fun to own and drive. I’ll try not to bore you with a long list of cars that I own and plan to own, but among them, include the current generation Z06 Corvette, the Porsche Panamera Turbo, and the Bentley Continental GT. I don’t need to make myself feel morally superior to anybody by saying ridiculous things like, “I wouldn’t be caught dead in that car“. All three cars are quite different from one another and I have a really good time driving all of them You don’t have to like the Corvette, and it’s really OK with me that you wouldn’t consider owning one, but needing to feel morally superior by putting one down in such an extreme way is a kin to the redneck bumper sticker showing the little boy peeing on the Ford or Chevy logo. Maybe you’ve got a little redneck in your blood.
Well said. Cars are a personal choice

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, I was defending Porsche on a Porsche blog from someone saying Porsche is a "King without clothes on", and you turn it around and make a personal insult at me! Geez....I was talking about the image of cars, including the Corvette, not even knowing you own or ever have owned one.

I clearly stated:
"Every person has his own preferences and perceptions of image his/her vehicle projects
, so yes, each Emperor (not King), has his own clothes, and some have none, but both Tesla and Porsche have magnificent clothes." And like it or not, every vehicle you drive, projects an image. Look at the advertisement of how the car manufacturers try to make you feel. Look at the Subaru ads, look at the Cadillac ads, the Porsche ads, the Mustang ads each going after different demographics. Maybe study marketing strategy as well as the demographics of people that buy different luxury and luxury sports cars as well as regular cars.

And like it or not, most highly educated AND successful people will always almost always choose a Porsche over a Corvette, even though many will argue that the high-end Corvette is superior car in some ways. Perhaps they are, perhaps they are equal, maybe not, I don't know, as I wouldn't be caught dead owning or driving one...LOL That is MY preference in part determined by the image that the vehicle projects. Now you get a lower educated person that is financially successful, and that person is MUCH more likely to buy the Corvette or a high end Mustang, or in the 1990s the Dodge Viper. Its just reality. Maybe it is just this way in the South of the USA and different in other parts of the country. But what would your HONEST statement be if someone put oversized gold colored spoked wheels on your Bentley. Bet you would say that projects certain negative images too, or would you drive it. There are people in atlanta had have chrome plated Porsche 911 as well as gold colored ones, and I mean truly look like gold plated. They want to project a certain image. I would not be caught dead driving those either! And I don't think you would either.

But I never stated that just because you own a Corvette, you may be a redneck! Clearly you bought the Corvette due to its performance, not its image. I don't know you, never talked to you, nor did I even know you owned one! Geeez, that is just my perception of the image that the Corvette projects. That has NOTHING to do with you, so there is no need to make a PERSONAL insult against me.

I haven't insulted anyone, yet I suddenly see three people giving me crude personal insults because I don't like the Corvette.

AlphaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise, Chevy Volt, Model X
Country flag
Unfortunately that’s not the first elitist statement that he’s made on this forum.

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
+1. I was a bit surprised about the post that Porsches that are not red, black or white are bought by athletes and entertainers in Atlanta. I live in Johns Creek (a northern suburb of Atlanta) and I can tell you that is quite an overgeneralization. I'm frequently around the exotic car/Porsche scene in Atlanta and the exotics/Porsches with unique colors that I'm aware of are owned by guys that are self-made entrepreneurs. None of these guys are entertainers or athletes. Yes, there are exceptions and I"m sure that some entertainers who live in Atlanta have unique cars/colors, but overgeneralizing for the sake of it makes no sense. If he knew the exotic scene or even frequented Caffeine and Exotics, this would be obvious by just having a causal conversation with the owners. Further, if you're close with any of the 2 dealers in Atlanta, you'll be quite surprised to know that the majority of the PTS GT models (e.g., lizard green) are not going to entertainers or athletes. If you passed some of these guys in a store, you wouldn't know it was their car.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
+1. I was a bit surprised about the post that Porsches that are not red, black or white are bought by athletes and entertainers in Atlanta. I live in Johns Creek (a northern suburb of Atlanta) and I can tell you that is quite an overgeneralization. I'm frequently around the exotic car/Porsche scene in Atlanta and the exotics/Porsches with unique colors that I'm aware of are owned by guys that are self-made entrepreneurs. None of these guys are entertainers or athletes. Yes, there are exceptions and I"m sure that some entertainers who live in Atlanta have unique cars/colors, but overgeneralizing for the sake of it makes no sense. If he knew the exotic scene or even frequented Caffeine and Exotics, this would be obvious by just having a causal conversation with the owners. Further, if you're close with any of the 2 dealers in Atlanta, you'll be quite surprised to know that the majority of the PTS GT models (e.g., lizard green) are not going to entertainers or athletes. If you passed some of these guys in a store, you wouldn't know it was their car.
So making observations and saying what you think makes "no sense" or is "elitist" or qualifies me to be a douchebag? If people are personally insulted for expressing their opinion, then there is not much point in discussing any issue. I am a commercial landlord in Atlanta, and once I had a French tenant. He missed the cafes in France, and made the observation and joke, in the USA, you cant discuss politics, religion, philosophy or sex, so there is nothing left to discuss and that is why there are no cafes to socialize and have intellectual conversations. I suppose you also cant discuss car colors, and marketing strategies and demographics of consumers cars (or clothes or any consumer product that represent conspicuous purchasing without other people getting offended and throwing back personal insults. (I am now expecting Eurotrash insults...lol). Cant we discuss without throwing insults?

Johns Creek, as you know because you live there, is a very conservative upscale suburban area of Atlanta. I took a liberty to take an inventory from Google maps of the colors of Hennessy Porsche, which is only a few miles from Johns Creek. In their lot, they had 34 black Porsches, 15 white ones, 7 silver, 5 grey, 4 blue and 2 reds. Last time I went to Hennessey, I was very disappointed with the color choices and literally had the conversation with a salesmen asking why there are no color choices on the lot, and he said that is what sells, so that is what they have. I would challenge anyone to make a similar count at ANY Porsche dealer. I ADMIRE people that have the balls to have colors that are bold. I LOVE diversity! I totally agree with you, there are certain type of highly successful entrepreneurs that also choose non-conservative colors, which show their bold and ballsy personality, part of the reason they are successful! But you know that is the exception, not the rule. And those that go to exotic car meets want to have something unique to differentiate themselves of people that own similar cars, but that is no reflection of the general public or even the majority of the buyers of Porsches. I live in Midtown, which is the most diverse neighborhood in all of Atlanta. I live in the city, but drive to the conservative suburbs everyday, and I literally have to think, did I ever see an orange, lime green, baby blue, bright yellow, chrome-plated or gold Porsche in the suburbs....hmmm. I am there everyday but really have to think hard if they are ever seen there. I do usually make the observation that usually they are males in their 20s that drive them. But do I see them where I live? Yes, like every week. Not only the "loud" colors, but also chrome and "gold" plated ones. Then make the observation of the demographics of who buys them. Making these observations is not elitist, its being observant. On the other hand, you can argue that anyone that buys cars 100k and up, or live in gated communities are by definition elitists, wanting cars that differentiate themselves from the "masses". Again, I am just being observant. I am sure some will say I am making nonsensical generalizations, but if you actually stop, make the observations, think and reflect, you will realize that my observations are accurate. And much of what you want and buy is the direct result of marketing and creating image by the sellers, whether it is a car or any other consumer product.

Again I live in the city, and a walkable community. One of the high-rises is a 40 story tall high-rise that is almost completely occupied by one law firm, Kind & Spalding. When 5 or 6pm comes around, you can watch several hundred attorneys and paralegals exiting the building. NEVER will you see them exiting with a Corvette, a large pickup truck or a bright yellow Porsche. Then a few blocks away is the headquarters of SunTrust bank, another 40 story tall building, and the Bank Of America building 1000ft tall office building. You will make the same observations about the types of vehicles and colors of vehicles. The colors, regardless of whether a Porsche, Mercedes, BMW or Lexus, will be very similar to breakdown above. Sorry, that is a generalization but an accurate one. I guess I shouldn't make observations of who does buy the Corvettes, so I will do the PC thing and not express make my observations. . But I am NOT going to drive a Corvette, nor a pickup truck with a gun rack. I am a commercial landlord, and agents that bring clients, generally drive SUVs like the Cayenne, Range Rover, BMW X5 etc, but NEVER a pickup truck king cab, even though they would be more practical....Why? because of the image, and they probably won't say it like me, but they think it.....they wouldn't drive a pickup truck. Then on the weekend, you can go to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Center, that has an organic farmers market, which I go to every Saturday. Suddenly you see the overwhelming number of Subarus, with really cool earthy oranges, blues, and greens, owned by my fellow liberals that want the image of "share the love" subaru. Also a huge number of electric vehicles can be found there, which gives me the opportunity to talk to a lot of Tesla owners. My wife, who drives the Porsche, actually has said she would be happy with the Subaru, but I want to give her the Taycan. Although I would like to deny it (like most of you will also deny it), the image of owning the Porsche shows off my success as an entrepreneur, as well as giving her what I think is one of the best cars available. So she gets one of the best cars on the road (and the liberal elitists' electric car...lol), and the reality is, that I then feel good about myself as a businessman and husband. I would love to say, no, I am not being materialistic and I just want the great ride....yeah right....lol...I am not going to lie to myself.

On another note, Lizard Green and Sapphire Blue are a very beautiful color,s but hardly qualify as a loud color, at least when seen on a Panamera and Macan respectively. I actually am considering both for the Taycan, but am afraid the resale value will be lower than if I chose white or chalk. A Jim Ellis Perimeter salesmen told me that the only Porsche they ever discount from the MSRP has been the sapphire blue because people are afraid of color and they sell slower. Maybe that is an inaccurate observation of the Porsche salesman....I don't know.

In our materialistic and capitalist society, the simple reality is people choose clothes, homes, types of cars, and colors of cars, etc based to a great extent on the image that they exude. T
o hurl personal insults because someone discusses his observations, or expresses his like or dislikes, whether I am right or wrong, is simply wrong.

Last edited:

edouard356

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne '16; Porsche 911 GTS '19
Country flag
So making observations and saying what you think makes "no sense" or is "elitist" or qualifies me to be a douchebag? If people are personally insulted for expressing their opinion, then there is not much point in discussing any issue. I am a commercial landlord in Atlanta, and once I had a French tenant. He missed the cafes in France, and made the observation and joke, in the USA, you cant discuss politics, religion, philosophy or sex, so there is nothing left to discuss and that is why there are no cafes to socialize and have intellectual conversations. I suppose you also cant discuss car colors, and marketing strategies and demographics of consumers cars (or clothes or any consumer product that represent conspicuous purchasing without other people getting offended and throwing back personal insults. (I am now expecting Eurotrash insults...lol). Cant we discuss without throwing insults?

Johns Creek, as you know because you live there, is a very conservative upscale suburban area of Atlanta. I took a liberty to take an inventory from Google maps of the colors of Hennessy Porsche, which is only a few miles from Johns Creek. In their lot, they had 34 black Porsches, 15 white ones, 7 silver, 5 grey, 4 blue and 2 reds. Last time I went to Hennessey, I was very disappointed with the color choices and literally had the conversation with a salesmen asking why there are no color choices on the lot, and he said that is what sells, so that is what they have. I would challenge anyone to make a similar count at ANY Porsche dealer. I ADMIRE people that have the balls to have colors that are bold. I LOVE diversity! I totally agree with you, there are certain type of highly successful entrepreneurs that also choose non-conservative colors, which show their bold and ballsy personality, part of the reason they are successful! But you know that is the exception, not the rule. And those that go to exotic car meets want to have something unique to differentiate themselves of people that own similar cars, but that is no reflection of the general public or even the majority of the buyers of Porsches. I live in Midtown, which is the most diverse neighborhood in all of Atlanta. I live in the city, but drive to the conservative suburbs everyday, and I literally have to think, did I ever see an orange, lime green, baby blue, bright yellow, chrome-plated or gold Porsche in the suburbs....hmmm. I am there everyday but really have to think hard if they are ever seen there. I do usually make the observation that usually they are males in their 20s that drive them. But do I see them where I live? Yes, like every week. Not only the "loud" colors, but also chrome and "gold" plated ones. Then make the observation of the demographics of who buys them. Making these observations is not elitist, its being observant. On the other hand, you can argue that anyone that buys cars 100k and up, or live in gated communities are by definition elitists, wanting cars that differentiate themselves from the "masses". Again, I am just being observant. I am sure some will say I am making nonsensical generalizations, but if you actually stop, make the observations, think and reflect, you will realize that my observations are accurate. And much of what you want and buy is the direct result of marketing and creating image by the sellers, whether it is a car or any other consumer product.

Again I live in the city, and a walkable community. One of the high-rises is a 40 story tall high-rise that is almost completely occupied by one law firm, Kind & Spalding. When 5 or 6pm comes around, you can watch several hundred attorneys and paralegals exiting the building. NEVER will you see them exiting with a Corvette, a large pickup truck or a bright yellow Porsche. Then a few blocks away is the headquarters of SunTrust bank, another 40 story tall building, and the Bank Of America building 1000ft tall office building. You will make the same observations about the types of vehicles and colors of vehicles. The colors, regardless of whether a Porsche, Mercedes, BMW or Lexus, will be very similar to breakdown above. Sorry, that is a generalization but an accurate one. I guess I shouldn't make observations of who does buy the Corvettes, so I will do the PC thing and not express make my observations. . But I am NOT going to drive a Corvette, nor a pickup truck with a gun rack. I am a commercial landlord, and agents that bring clients, generally drive SUVs like the Cayenne, Range Rover, BMW X5 etc, but NEVER a pickup truck king cab, even though they would be more practical....Why? because of the image, and they probably won't say it like me, but they think it.....they wouldn't drive a pickup truck. Then on the weekend, you can go to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Center, that has an organic farmers market, which I go to every Saturday. Suddenly you see the overwhelming number of Subarus, with really cool earthy oranges, blues, and greens, owned by my fellow liberals that want the image of "share the love" subaru. Also a huge number of electric vehicles can be found there, which gives me the opportunity to talk to a lot of Tesla owners. My wife, who drives the Porsche, actually has said she would be happy with the Subaru, but I want to give her the Taycan. Although I would like to deny it (like most of you will also deny it), the image of owning the Porsche shows off my success as an entrepreneur, as well as giving her what I think is one of the best cars available. So she gets one of the best cars on the road (and the liberal elitists' electric car...lol), and the reality is, that I then feel good about myself as a businessman and husband. I would love to say, no, I am not being materialistic and I just want the great ride....yeah right....lol...I am not going to lie to myself.

On another note, Lizard Green and Sapphire Blue are a very beautiful color,s but hardly qualify as a loud color, at least when seen on a Panamera and Macan respectively. I actually am considering both for the Taycan, but am afraid the resale value will be lower than if I chose white or chalk. A Jim Ellis Perimeter salesmen told me that the only Porsche they ever discount from the MSRP has been the sapphire blue because people are afraid of color and they sell slower. Maybe that is an inaccurate observation of the Porsche salesman....I don't know.

In our materialistic and capitalist society, the simple reality is people choose clothes, homes, types of cars, and colors of cars, etc based to a great extent on the image that they exude. T
o hurl personal insults because someone discusses his observations, or expresses his like or dislikes, whether I am right or wrong, is simply wrong.
Thanks for your response. I just wanted to comment regarding the generalized statements made, not to hurl insults. However, back to topic, I think we can all agree that we're anxiously awaiting the Taycan and hopefully it will suit our needs. By the way,I it's been a while since I've been downtown to really pay attention to the buildings. I notice the other day how prominent the King and Spalding sign is now.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
Yes. What you write about the tariffs is true. As usual, Trump is the turd in the punch bowl. He could seriously ruin Porsche’s party. The shit heel
This is pretty much akin to trolling and shows little taste, get a life.

Reactions: Ron

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I feel like when you have to explain yourself with a novel's worth of a post...you fucked up, boy.

Anyway, moving on...

Being that September is almost the end of summer out here on Long Island, and summer is my favorite season...I have mixed emotions about the full production models being released then, because I'm biting my nails waiting for it, but not wanting summer to end :/

TigerC4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C4S
Country flag
Living here in the SF Bay Area, Tesla’s are “a dime a dozen” or basically everywhere. They are more popular then a Toyota Prius, which I feel is far better in quality. I’m so impressed by everything I’ve read about the Taycan so far. And if it is like my C4S , I’m comfortable with built quality to a certain degree. Tesla’s have not impressed me at all in their built quality and/or future longevity. Fire is another worry with Tesla’s ! I have more confidence Porsche have addressed these issues . Still, I think I’ll wait a few months before I commit. Taycan is definitely far better looking then a Model S in every aspect so kudos Porsche !!!
Sponsored