January 2023 Deliveries

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Starting this thread out of optimism that my GTS which entered the body shop way back in July will finally get on a boat this month, and reach the west coast in January. Currently stalking the Glovis Courage, which will arrive in Emden in a few days. I’ve been at the port for nearing 2 months, so surely this is my ride? :D
Sponsored

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Starting this thread out of optimism that my GTS which entered the body shop way back in July will finally get on a boat this month, and reach the west coast in January. Currently stalking the Glovis Courage, which will arrive in Emden in a few days. I’ve been at the port for nearing 2 months, so surely this is my ride? :D
:oops: Oh wow. July production - so you have a '22 model?! Well then godspeed to Glovis Courage; may it carry your GTS across the oceans swiftly and safely.

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
:oops: Oh wow. July production - so you have a '22 model?! Well then godspeed to Glovis Courage; may it carry your GTS across the oceans swiftly and safely.
Nah, it’s a ‘23, started at end of July and finished August after the factory shutdown. I hit basically the first week or two of MY23 production.

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Does it give you an estimated final delivery date? Mine has only been at the port for 5 days but it says final ETA is Jan 13

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Does it give you an estimated final delivery date? Mine has only been at the port for 5 days but it says final ETA is Jan 13
Yeah, TYD says mid-January, but it’s been moving every couple weeks for ages. It’s clearly not based on anything real, since the “on vessel” dates never align with when the San Diego bound ships are really there.

I’ve been at the port since Oct 18, and sat at the factory for almost 2 months before that waiting for a 12v. Either SoCal-bound shipping has been really backed up, or my car’s been waiting for an amp or something. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Glovis Courage just arrived at Emden. Anyone else hoping to get aboard? The schedule suggests it’s going straight to San Diego, so fingers crossed!

Puffington

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 GT3RS
Country flag
Have only been at Emden since 12/05. Was hoping for the Courage but thinking the Spendor arriving 12/23 is closer to reality.

Ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Coming over from the December thread, my car arrived in Emden on 11/13 and was supposed to get on a ship 12/9. Looks like that has been pushed to 12/23 for a 1/20 arrival in Houston. Volcano Gray GTS.

How do I know what boat to be watching for that might be going to Houston?

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’ve been looking here, just need to choose east/west coast trade lane, and then either carrier to see the schedules: https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm

I don’t see an updated schedule for anything Houston-bound though, so I’m not sure when the next boat is for you.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Coming over from the December thread, my car arrived in Emden on 11/13 and was supposed to get on a ship 12/9. Looks like that has been pushed to 12/23 for a 1/20 arrival in Houston. Volcano Gray GTS.

How do I know what boat to be watching for that might be going to Houston?
(waves) Hi there, from the Dec thread!

The shipper’s schedule hasn’t been updated for a couple of months now. Mine sat in Emden from 11/11, and finally made it onto Sunshine Ace (bound for Houston) on 12/10. If yours made it onto the boat TYD should post an update.

Current ETA is 1/6.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hello and goodbye. ;) I was briefly in the January delivery window, but TYD estimates quickly move from December to February, so will wait for February thread (unless TYD moves to March or later by then).

Surlymcm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT soon
Country flag
Greetings from Emden. Arrived 12/9. TYD telling me 12/30 on a boat and 1/27 to my dealership in Charleston SC. That changed yesterday from 1/6 to the dealer. 🤬

gkiratbajwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Glovis Courage departed Emden and my car is aboard! About damn time. :)

1671031759029.gif
I'm on it too 🎉
The TYD map is being pretty weird though. It shows the current location of the ship as somewhere in Pacific ocean. But the ship just left today. Not sure if it's a glitch or maybe my car was already on a different ship that's about to reach Benecia. Anyone else seeing this too?

OP
OP

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'm on it too 🎉
The TYD map is being pretty weird though. It shows the current location of the ship as somewhere in Pacific ocean. But the ship just left today. Not sure if it's a glitch or maybe my car was already on a different ship that's about to reach Benecia. Anyone else seeing this too?
Position on TYD isn’t accurate. It should say exactly what vessel you’re on though, which you could track on vesselfinder.com
Sponsored