K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
I think the Homelink can be set up to automatically pop up based on GPS location. I did it for my Mom's house in California... but I only used it once.

Mine has Autosensing windshield wipers. I assumed all do. (I was just using them on Monday!)
Can you confirm if you were able to get homelink to work based on GPS. Mine always has Off Road in the map section to the right!! Works great on the 911 but not on the Taycan. So far no response from Porsche.

If you could, it would be helpful to get a picture of your homelink Version-software page.
Sponsored

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can you confirm if you were able to get homelink to work based on GPS. Mine always has Off Road in the map section to the right!! Works great on the 911 but not on the Taycan. So far no response from Porsche.

If you could, it would be helpful to get a picture of your homelink Version-software page.
I have the same issue with my Homelink setup on my TT. I wished the GPS coordinates I programmed into the soft button would actually call up the button when I am close to my community gate, then my garage. Is there some trick to getting this to work right?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have the same issue with my Homelink setup on my TT. I wished the GPS coordinates I programmed into the soft button would actually call up the button when I am close to my community gate, then my garage. Is there some trick to getting this to work right?
It actually does. The problem is that it is way too brief. Then it disappears into the notification bar, which you have to swipe down.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
You can re arrange the screen layout to & move HomeLink up to the second row of buttons if that's easier

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can re arrange the screen layout to & move HomeLink up to the second row of buttons if that's easier
I have already done that, as well as programming the diamond button on the right side of the dash to bring up Homelink when pressed. It is just that I have 3 different Homelink locations programmed, making it an extra step to have to press the right Homelink line after having pressed the Homelink program button. If the GPS function worked as advertised, the correct Homelink line would appear when I approached each gate or garage. It doesn't seem to do that.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I have already done that, as well as programming the diamond button on the right side of the dash to bring up Homelink when pressed. It is just that I have 3 different Homelink locations programmed, making it an extra step to have to press the right Homelink line after having pressed the Homelink program button. If the GPS function worked as advertised, the correct Homelink line would appear when I approached each gate or garage. It doesn't seem to do that.
I have 2 gates and 4 Garage doors to go through each day I was hopping I could either set it to activate the controller on GPS and or move the Homelink to the top left side and just access the different gates there

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
To learn how to introduce new bugs and crippling features with every OTA update?

My MS90D takes almost 10 seconds before I can select drive mode and actually start driving. My Audi A7 takes less than 2 second to start the engine and put it in drive mode. How about your Taycan?
I feel sorry for you if you have had such a bad experience with your Tesla MS. Maybe you have been one of the pioneers owning a Tesla, same as many of us will be for the Taycan now.

I do not quite understand what you are talking about here. I have had a Tesla Model 3 for about 15 months now. And I do not recognise any of the problems you describe. My car is ready to go once I sit in it, no issues. And for the OTA updates I have not had a single issue! I guess there are close to a million cars on the road just now, so I guess we would have heard a lot about this OTA problems, if the exist??

And I for one am very happy about some of the features that have been released since I bought my car. I have received the mode to have the car keeping the AC on when leaving it, Sentry mode that works fanatastic and would cost probably 1000 USD if an extra install like a dash cam. And that is with several cameras not just a single camera!And that would not play on a great monitor there and then.

And I believe there is a new update coming now that will bring 360 degree view to the car FOC. Porsche I think charges 1000 USD for the 360 degree upgrade!

So all in all my car has been improved in functionality as above over the year at no extra cost.

And if I now compare to the software glitches and issues I have with my Taycan there just is NO comparison. And worst of all is that I understand that some of the issues that have been discussed here will not come to our Taycan since the hardware is not there to support the features, such as remote opening, locking etc. They are available for other models but not Taycan.

So from my experience so far I have to agree that build quality etc is far superior in the Taycan, but I will not knock Tesla for their efforts. No issues and no visits to the service centre etc for a year plus! I think Tesla have done what the set out to do and bring a change to the auto industry for a sustainable future.

We would not have seen a Taycan at all, had it not been for Tesla In my view!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag

Mine also shows Off Road when home - can you post an update when you get something from Porsche?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Not quite understanding your point......
I have a MS90D and my experience is really bad.

Most car buyers can barley afford a new car and rely on quality and cannot afford time and money to get things fixed all the time! I don't need playful software stuff and I certainly don't need constant changing features with new annoying bugs! I really don't like people going on and on about how fantastic these cars are, when they are not. Tricking regular car customers in wasting money on junk is ugly! I was tricked, and I am angry!

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
We would not have seen a Taycan at all, had it not been for Tesla In my view!
Totally disagree! The EU and the Chinese government are the real driving force of the EV revolution. In the city of Shenzhen, China: 20k EV Bus, 40k EV Taxi, 100k EV private cars, thousands of EV small and large trucks, millions of EV bikes. Tesla is playing catch-up. Seems I have a very very different perspective.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I do not quite understand what you are talking about here. I have had a Tesla Model 3 for about 15 months now. And I do not recognise any of the problems you describe. My car is ready to go once I sit in it, no issues. And for the OTA updates I have not had a single issue! I guess...
The latest OTA update garbage is, that every day I get in the car and it shows the same old navi destination. So I cancel it. The next day it is there again!

Every morning I get to the car and the the charging flap is open, even when I did not charge overnight.

I know every product has shortcomings, but when I have to learn how to get around new quirks and problems every few months, it is getting excessively frustrating.

Soon this awful car will be gone and then I hope I will never ever have to spend another thought on this junk!

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Totally disagree! The EU and the Chinese government are the real driving force of the EV revolution. In the city of Shenzhen, China: 20k EV Bus, 40k EV Taxi, 100k EV private cars, thousands of EV small and large trucks, millions of EV bikes. Tesla is playing catch-up. Seems I have a very very different perspective.
Sure, but California, with a population only about twice that of Shenzhen, has over 600,000 privately-owned EVs as of late 2019. That‘s not to knock the huge jump in Chinese EV production and sales, Or the prowess and success of manufacturers like NIO, but I don’t think it’s unfair to point to Tesla as a real leader in the electrification of the automobile. Though I would certainly also point to the GM/Aerovironment partnership that produced the Impact concept car and the EV1 as having laid out the fundamental technical blueprint of a modern EV in terms of high-voltage batteries, AC motors, etc...

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Every morning I get to the car and the the charging flap is open, even when I did not charge overnight.
sorry to hear that your charge flap opens by its own. Never herd about that one and with a million cars out it would have been heard if it was a general problem. That clearly is something wrong, but something that Tesla very quickly should be able to analyse and rectify. They have so much data transmitted from the car.

The latest OTA update garbage is, that every day I get in the car and it shows the same old navi destination. So I cancel it. The next day it is there again!
could This be the direction to your programmed work address? Try to leave that blank without any input. I find it quite cute that the car opens up and plans my trip to the address I have set as work. If I am not going there that day or week, I just press Cancel! It is not something that would raise my blood pressure!

If these two examples are the type of continuous problems you have with OTA updates, maybe connected cars are not your cup of tea?

From your comments etc I see you have not taken delivery of your Taycan as yet. So you will be in for some surprises the other way I think Look through posts here and you will find flaky connection to the Porsche servers, No remote control apart from Climate and charging, no WiFi, no wireless Apple CarPlay, trouble with Qi charging of phones, Charger WiFi connection.

Now where are my pills to reduce my blood pressure?

OP
OP
Laish

Laish

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
I agree with most, especially the Connect App and even the website from my laptop. Very intermittent in its availability. The A/C works fine for me when ECO is off. As for regen, I believe Porsche has opted to default to off as they believe, and I agree, that most Porsche drivers want the feeling of an ICE coasting experience vs. the heavy regen braking you get on a Tesla or other EV. There is a regen button on the left side of the steering wheel for easy on/off and auto functionality. I just wish most manufacturers of ICE vehicles had defaulted off the auto start/stop function instead of always on. I hated having to disable it everytime I got in the car. Similarly, I prefer no regen either in the Taycan.
I would disagree with this theory as the auto regen is defaulted to on for Sport and Sport PLus settings and defaulted to off for Normal which contradicts the theory of wanting it feel like an ICE in sports driving. I feel that if in a menu screen I chose an option I expect it to remain there until i chose to switch it off unless its a safety item like traction control.

Ian

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seems I have a very very different perspective.
I completely agree.
I read an article about a leader in China who pushed for all these EV investments way before Tesla was even started. He was considered the leader of the EV revolution, but sadly, I don't remember his name, nor can find the article.

The 863 EV Project started in 2001!
Sponsored