Be honest, how many of you have shredded your bumper on a speed bump or incline?

maximumpanda

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
First time Porsche owner counting down the days until its delivered, and I’ve noticed I spend a significant amount of time eyeballing every pothole, speed bump and incline in london to try and guess if it’ll take my bumper off if I tried to go down that road.

so I figured it would be fun to see how many times members of the community have wrecked their bumper.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
First time Porsche owner counting down the days until its delivered, and I’ve noticed I spend a significant amount of time eyeballing every pothole, speed bump and incline in london to try and guess if it’ll take my bumper off if I tried to go down that road.

so I figured it would be fun to see how many times members of the community have wrecked their bumper.
Never - not in UK.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Not yet ..gts seems to tackle all the speed bumps ok …in normal…😉

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Never. Hope, it will stay that.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Vertical things have not been a problem. Horizontal things like my daughters car, have been a problem. Turns out the Taycan is a bit more square than a boxster.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
You guys all know about hitting a ramp or dip at an angle to keep from scraping. Right? There were low cars long before gps and adjustable air suspension. That’s how they survive.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Soon-to-be first-time Porsche owner as well... and thinking the same. As someone who will like enjoy riding in "low" as much as possible, I've familiarized myself with where I intend to use location-based smart lift and bookmarked sun coast bumper replacement parts. :)

Sounds like the bumper replacement parts, at the very least, may not be as necessary as I thought...

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Vertical things have not been a problem. Horizontal things like my daughters car, have been a problem. Turns out the Taycan is a bit more square than a boxster.
Ouch! I do love how wide the Taycan sits... seems like it may take some getting used to?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Soon-to-be first-time Porsche owner as well... and thinking the same. As someone who will like enjoy riding in "low" as much as possible, I've familiarized myself with where I intend to use location-based smart lift and bookmarked sun coast bumper replacement parts. :)

Sounds like the bumper replacement parts, at the very least, may not be as necessary as I thought...
I’m mostly driving on the lowest position.
Just use lift mode & store location where need it.
Also, gravel mode/button might be useful.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

To be specific it is not the bumper as it is at least 12" above the ground.

The challenge will be the the undertray and / or the front diffuser which are the closest parts of the car to the ground.

With 40,000 Taycans on the roads I don't think many have ever had occasion to replace a bumper from low ride height.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
Cars were made to scrape on the underside. That’s what I tell myself when it happens. :D

Never scraped a Taycan and do not own one - but that’s another reason to spec air suspension.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
One of the reasons I got the Cross Turismo is to avoid having to worry about this headache. It was a constant watch item in the Panamera. I scraped a few times but it was an unpainted black plastic. My CT is painted up front. The extra ride height makes dealing with poor weather, roads and inclines so much less of a problem 👍

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We have some wide speed bumps near me and if I take it too fast, I will occasionally scrape the front a bit - but it’s only the pieces that extend down the most in the front. The underbelly is very smooth.

the dangers are parking stops. I got my front caught on one of those early on.

in terms of taking things on an angle, slowly, of course, but where the lift is best is where you have to go up an incline or decline at pace - let’s say in the flow of traffic or making a quick left from a center turn lane while traffic comes the other way. Having the lift then is invaluable.
Sponsored