pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
I learned alot about charging on this video, despite owning a Taycan for nearly a year....

- Turtle mode
- Shared power on Ionity
- Cooling strategies (Sport Plus)
- Levels of charge required for next stop on the battery indicator
- Was also quite surprised as to how hot a taycan battery can get.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.
Sponsored

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yes, enjoyed the video and learned the same things despite owning mine for a year as well. Kyle produces terrific videos.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
His videos typically have a few nuggets of good info but they are generally filled with too much fluff which makes them incredibly long. If he did more editing to cut down the length, more people would watch. I stopped viewing these videos a year ago because of this. I am open to what he has to share but not willing to watch a 1+ hour video 😐

Emokeff88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
His videos typically have a few nuggets of good info but they are generally filled with too much fluff which makes them incredibly long. If he did more editing to cut down the length, more people would watch. I stopped viewing these videos a year ago because of this. I am open to what he has to share but not willing to watch a 1+ hour video 😐
I couldn't agree more, I love the content but he rambles on and on.

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I learned alot about charging on this video, despite owning a Taycan for nearly a year....

- Turtle mode
- Shared power on Ionity
- Cooling strategies (Sport Plus)
- Levels of charge required for next stop on the battery indicator
- Was also quite surprised as to how hot a taycan battery can get.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi there;
Having read your thread I would appreciate all feedback as I after two weeks driving my Taycan 4s CT I am wondering what am doing wrong.
I am finding that I am using an average of 0.5kw/mile which if I calculate correctly is only giving my a range of 168miles and is know where near advertised estimates.
Additionally I will review your referenced video and also see if I can pick up any potential tips and improvements that I am not implementing.
Looking forward to hearing from all that can assist.
Many thanks

OP
OP

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Hi there;
Having read your thread I would appreciate all feedback as I after two weeks driving my Taycan 4s CT I am wondering what am doing wrong.
I am finding that I am using an average of 0.5kw/mile which if I calculate correctly is only giving my a range of 168miles and is know where near advertised estimates.
Additionally I will review your referenced video and also see if I can pick up any potential tips and improvements that I am not implementing.
Looking forward to hearing from all that can assist.
Many thanks
I also live in Aberdeen. So a decent comparison to you.

the car will be learning your driving style. And you might be heavy on the acceleration.

But mostly because regen isn’t active until approx 500 miles is why perhaps you see poor range. look for green on the centre cluster power meter under braking and if you have regen switched on.

Only done short journeys? That’s a killer in the cold.

My gut is; when things settle down; your car will report a range of 200 miles in winter.

And 250 in the summer.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I also wouldn’t watch the video if you want efficiency, Kyle is blazing across the Germany on the Autobahn at derestricted speeds and then sitting in crappy traffic. He’s definitely not trying to drive efficiently, just charge efficiently and get to his destination quickly

Usual hyper milling stuff applies really. Don’t use the accelerator if you can help it, the Taycan is excellent when coasting so a lot of that. Downhill you can either coast or if its slightly touch the break to get some light regen whilst not slowing you down. Drive to the road ahead. Usual stuff

As you drive your efficiency should go up, in this cold weather it won’t be high, but I’ve been getting 1.9-2.3 mi/kWh on a mixture of driving

Kyle from Out of Spec is a good watch. The motoring channel has longer and more in-depth video's. The reviews channel usually shorter video's. But he is all about the geeky stats/info!

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hmm... During my test drive, when I left the dealership, the PCM was indicating a range of 135Km. After 28Km of playing around with the car (acelerations, breaking, overtaking, switching from normal to sport, range, etc, etc), I arrived back to the parking lot with the PCM indicating 148Km of range and an average consumption of 19 Kwh/100km (it was a 4S sedan btw)

Based on that, I probably drove it like a granny and didn't realize... :oops:

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
I'm glad somebody is running all of these tests, but I wouldn't watch a feature-length video of someone getting gas. Same goes for EVs.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
His video lengths are getting out of hand. Who has time to watch a 90+ min video on Youtube?
Cut out the fluff, and they'd edit down nicely to around the 10 mins mark.

Last edited:

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I dont mind the length, for me its like i was going on the roadtrip myself. I think that's the point of the videos, for people to live vicariously through him because how often will anyone here get the opportunity to drive 160+mph continuously on the autobahn

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Don't know if people have seen this yet, but Kyle Connor wins again with another badass YouTube video on his Out of Spec Motoring channel. Looks like it was filmed back in the summer but is only uploaded now.

The Taycan just tears up the Autobahn, and his in depth commentary and observations on thermal management both with driving and charging are really very informative and interesting. I've found them very useful for my own road tripping planning- little things like utilizing Sport Plus mode for while you're sitting charging for optimized cooling, etc.
Plus there is nothing better than seeing him dice with a Python green GT3RS at derestricted speeds....... hope people enjoy this as much as I did.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you just repost a link to the same video in the OP’s post? :CWL:

That dude is the Schmee of Europe.