Possible Taycan color options...........

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
I understand your point on the BMW'S.
I like the aggressive styling of the Taycan concept. The 918 concept was 85% of the production car. I hope it will be the same for the Taycan. I believe that if it looks like an electric Panamera, a lot of people will ask for their deposits back. That is my opinion.
Ron, I am equally hopeful that the Taycan will look very much like the Mission E but your observation about the 918 production car, I don't think is really valid. The 918 sold fully optioned around $1mil give or take and I am betting the high trim Taycan will be in the $150k range give or take with the base car $90k give or take. I think those who thought the base car would be $70k were dreaming no matter what the original Porsche price estimates were. Porsche has always had a pretty good margin on costs vs sales price. Any new model the company will want to recoup costs ASAP so low end initial pricing I don't think is reasonable to expect. I don't think Porsche contemplates the Taycan to be an entry level Porsche

I don't mind the $150k price tag if it is close to 85% of the Mission E but at this point I am not overly optimistic. If it is not, then I agree many folks who put a deposit down may fall out of the transaction?o_O:confused:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Felixtb,
Can you make a Taycan light beige, more to grey (crayon)?
Color code "RAL7032".
I'm thinking about a custom color if it's not in Porsche's color palette.
Many thx in advance!

OP
OP
felixtb

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Dee,

I’m super busy at the moment but I’ll try in a couple of weeks. When I’m in-front of a photoshop empowered computer. :)
Had a similar request from another guy and will try to please him as well :)

Reactions: Dee

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The white looks fantastic to me - can you just do one without the license plate??:like:

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Felixtb,
Can you make a Taycan light beige, more to grey (crayon)?
Color code "RAL7032".
I'm thinking about a custom color if it's not in Porsche's color palette.
Many thx in advance!
You know of coarse that a custom color will be at the very, very end of the production scheduling for the year, especially a new model. When I visited the Porsche factory, the question of custom colors came up in conservation and guide informed our group this issue about custom colors.

My wild guess is that it would delay the car production by 6 months to a year. So as long as you are in no hurry to get your car it is not a problem unless it is a color Porsche has never used then you have the issue of whether or not Porsche will paint that color at all. I had a friend who wanted a particular Blue color and after several months Porsche said no to his color but gave him a similar Blue color which he ended up accepting since his Blue was an absolute NO.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
You know of coarse that a custom color will be at the very, very end of the production scheduling for the year, especially a new model. When I visited the Porsche factory, the question of custom colors came up in conservation and guide informed our group this issue about custom colors.

My wild guess is that it would delay the car production by 6 months to a year. So as long as you are in no hurry to get your car it is not a problem unless it is a color Porsche has never used then you have the issue of whether or not Porsche will paint that color at all. I had a friend who wanted a particular Blue color and after several months Porsche said no to his color but gave him a similar Blue color which he ended up accepting since his Blue was an absolute NO.
In that case it may be interesting to try a wrap by Porsche, like their "Second Skin", which will be launched in july.
It's even cheaper (€4-6K) than a custom paint job (€10K)...
So, order the car in a standard color (no extra costs) and let it wrap.
By Porsche.
You can choose whatever you want.
From some simple Martini decals to complete wraps and own designs.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/12/porsche-second-skin-livery-configurator/

Link to Porsche's Second Skin (still very basic):
https://www.secondskin.design/configurator/

Porsche Taycan Possible Taycan color options........... Screenshot_20190628-202553

Last edited:

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The stripes look pretty cool but not likely on a Taycan as a DD? But a full rap could be the ticket if one wanted a very custom color, especially if the masses were not likely to find the color appealing when resale time came around.

A993

First Name
Adriaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Plus add a couple of K$ for paint protection if you want a PTS colour. A wrap already is that paint protection, so the price difference is even more.
I am thinking of a classic 356 or 911 pastel blue colour for a wrap, like Aetna, Meissen or Enamel Blue. Looks pretty cool I guess.

Reactions: Dee

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Plus add a couple of K$ for paint protection if you want a PTS colour. A wrap already is that paint protection, so the price difference is even more.
I am thinking of a classic 356 or 911 pastel blue colour for a wrap, like Aetna, Meissen or Enamel Blue. Looks pretty cool I guess.
A good wrap is unbelievable paint protection. I've got a full wrap on my racer (shown in my profile), and after 10K miles on the track, there is not a single chip in the paint.

OK, there has been just a bit of paint damage due to contact with other cars ...:angel: