BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
1. Anyone else had problems with Porsche Vehicle Tracking system (or other connect systems) not renewing (payment taken) and being stuck in 'being activated' limbo?

2. Porsche mechanics know more about the cars than me. Any idea why they'd pump all of the tyres (after unconnected warranty work) up to the same pressure when car settings/plate saying the rears should be 4 psi less?

3. Is there an auto-lock function for the car. Just noticed it had been open overnight :eek:
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
3. Is there an auto-lock function for the car. Just noticed it had been open overnight :eek:
It was my understanding it would auto lock if turned off, doors shut and you walked away with the key after X seconds. Can only of read it here so don't quote me !

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
It was my understanding it would auto lock if turned off, doors shut and you walked away with the key after X seconds. Can only of read it here so don't quote me !
False, it does not automatically lock when you walk away from the car. You need to manually lock the car. It will however automatically re-lock itself if it was already locked when you walked near it with the key but did not open it IIRC.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
False, it does not automatically lock when you walk away from the car. You need to manually lock the car. It will however automatically re-lock itself if it was already locked when you walked near it with the key but did not open it IIRC.
Aha!

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
2. Sounds like the person responsible for filling the tires needs training. I doubt Porsche would have its experienced mechanics perform that task.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2. Sounds like the person responsible for filling the tires needs training. I doubt Porsche would have its experienced mechanics perform that task.
Hmmm not sure why they even checked them!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
2. Porsche mechanics know more about the cars than me. Any idea why they'd pump all of the tyres (after unconnected warranty work) up to the same pressure when car settings/plate saying the rears should be 4 psi less?
Mine are the same on all corners at “2 person” loading.

When it’s “2 person + luggage” then the rears get 4 psi more and the front get 2 psi more:

Porsche Taycan 3 Random questions 814FBDFA-2497-4030-A53F-31070E7561AE

Last edited:

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve actually walked away and left the car “on” and unlocked.

Guess who’s been driving a Tesla for years…🤣

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. Anyone else had problems with Porsche Vehicle Tracking system (or other connect systems) not renewing (payment taken) and being stuck in 'being activated' limbo?
Nope. All the subs, free or paid (like PVTS) registered / activated before I collected and on collection day when I logged into the car everything came around smooth.

I was mildly shocked 😜

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
1. Similar happened to me on collection. Someone at Head Office had to link everything up apparently. I also had to go back into the OPC and have the cards re-programmed even though My Porsche was showing everything as working. The giveaway was I couldn’t access the certificate. Not sure if this is relevant to you if you’re renewing.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
!!! I haven't manually pushed the button to lock my Honda in 6 years!! I rarely even pull the key out of the bottom of my bag. Woah, and here I am all worried about my paint and getting a dashcam... never mind the fact I'll probably get it stolen before any of that matters.
I just downloaded the manual to my new phone... seems I have plenty more reading to do!

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If your inflation plate rating is the same as @Midlifecrisis maybe the garage just go worst case to the full capacity pressures - that is even all round for the 20’s - by default? 🤷
Maybe they decided to compromise between the 2 settings -
38-34 light load
38-40 full load
🤷‍♂️

Porsche Taycan 3 Random questions tempImageaqInJS
Sponsored