Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
3. New Cars held at the factory - Assuming a decision was taken early to mid Feb to stop supplying Taycans with the old heater, there will now be complete cars at Stuttgart but with the old heater. Since the factory has limited storage space these cars would be next in line for new heaters, so likely a 1 month delay.

All this is my speculation and guess work.
Mine is a 3 and I'm not as optimistic as you. They have apparently rented extra storage space. My car has been sat there for a month now with no updates and the dealer not expecting it anytime soon. So for now I'm pessimistic about the cars at the factory being prioritized.

But it's guessing from my side too though :)
Sponsored

dicreamio

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4E-Hybrid & a Porsche 928
Country flag
I am in the same boat as you (Republic of Ireland based) was expecting March 6th Date for build but that's now pushed onto 7th of April with the sales chap saying it could even be later than that.

I've been told that no new cars will be given to owners in a UK with an old style faulty heater, and my SA has advised to expect a few week delays from my March build date, but I'm anticipating a much longer delay now given all the experiences I'm reading on here.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I am in the same boat as you (Republic of Ireland based) was expecting March 6th Date for build but that's now pushed onto 7th of April with the sales chap saying it could even be later than that.
They SAs have no idea what is happening so it's all guess work.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Ona personal plus side, I should have locked by now but have had a last min change of heart on the spec :)

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Ona personal plus side, I should have locked by now but have had a last min change of heart on the spec :)
In my case, there are definitely upsides to a delay, as long as I know what is going on. I’d be fine with a little more time to spruce up the garage, make/save some more money for stuff, plus I’m getting my hardwood floors refinished in a month and I’d love for my car to NOT arrive into a cloud of dust with a driveway full of trucks and machinery. I just hate not having the info either way :(.

So, I should probably just cancel the PPF install I still have dangling for next Weds.-Friday, right? The ship is supposed to be in RI sometime in the next 24 hrs, then back down to Baltimore for my unload. My TYD dates have passed with no alterations or updates. I don’t know why I’m holding out for some miracle when I’m 90% pessimistic. If it wasn’t for this heater flap my first Porsche ordering experience would be 10 stars.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my case, there are definitely upsides to a delay, as long as I know what is going on. I’d be fine with a little more time to spruce up the garage, make/save some more money for stuff, plus I’m getting my hardwood floors refinished in a month and I’d love for my car to NOT arrive into a cloud of dust with a driveway full of trucks and machinery. I just hate not having the info either way :(.

So, I should probably just cancel the PPF install I still have dangling for next Weds.-Friday, right? The ship is supposed to be in RI sometime in the next 24 hrs, then back down to Baltimore for my unload. My TYD dates have passed with no alterations or updates. I don’t know why I’m holding out for some miracle when I’m 90% pessimistic. If it wasn’t for this heater flap my first Porsche ordering experience would be 10 stars.
I too don't mind a short delay but with no information who knows how long the delay will be. What I do know is I won't accept a car that has been sitting in a field for 6 months. I ordered a new car not one laid up in storage with the damage that will be done because of this.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So, I should probably just cancel the PPF install I still have dangling for next Weds.-Friday, right?
Yes cancel. Make appointments once you physically have your car.

Guessing this is your first custom order. Ignoring battery issues or heater issues or supply chain issues any number of things can go wrong with shipping/transport and even at your dealership. Unless your PPF installer can be very flexible I wouldn't reschedule until you have possession. If it is anything like my PPF shop they are constantly booked and would lose business if they held dates for ghost cars.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Yes cancel. Make appointments once you physically have your car.

Guessing this is your first custom order. Ignoring battery issues or heater issues or supply chain issues any number of things can go wrong with shipping/transport and even at your dealership. Unless your PPF installer can be very flexible I wouldn't reschedule until you have possession. If it is anything like my PPF shop they are constantly booked and would lose business if they held dates for ghost cars.
I know, I feel really bad, that’s why I plan to cancel today. I know it’s gonna be rough to reschedule because she said I was “penciled-in” right before the busy season. Here in the Detroit area, once the sun comes out, the classic car parades and all that stuff starts. She said in April the cars start coming out of storage and they are booked solid for the spring. Sigh. But yes, I would never hold an appointment unnecessarily and take up a much needed spot for them and someone else.

Yes, first custom order for me. Last in my family was my dad’s made-to-order Buick LeSabre Limited in 1984. That was quite the event for him as I fondly remember :).

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag

10 stars? When did you initiate the process?

Our order is on the same ship, and headed eventually to the same port as yours Annie. It appears the “dealer inventory 3/17” was overly optimistic.

I suspect it’s unlikely you’ll have your Taycan by next Wednesday.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
For what it’s worth, my car arrived at Jacksonville Port based on confirmation of tracking the vessel yesterday 3/15.
About 12 hrs after the arrival of the ship, I got an update that my car was on the way to my dealer with arrival there today on TYD. I have not been able to get in touch with my SA to confirm anything. I am very skeptical, but extremely grateful and surprised if true. Of course the car could be stop sale at the dealer as well, but have not heard that the cars being held getting as far as the dealer to stop sale, but who knows. I have decided to detach at this point until I get a call to pay for the car. Need to get back to paying attention to my sons lacrosse games this week! Will update everyone if I get any news.
My production dates started on feb 11th and completed feb 16th according to TYD if that provides any helpful data points.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For what it’s worth, my car arrived at Jacksonville Port based on confirmation of tracking the vessel yesterday 3/15.
About 12 hrs after the arrival of the ship, I got an update that my car was on the way to my dealer with arrival there today on TYD. I have not been able to get in touch with my SA to confirm anything. I am very skeptical, but extremely grateful and surprised if true. Of course the car could be stop sale at the dealer as well, but have not heard that the cars being held getting as far as the dealer to stop sale, but who knows. I have decided to detach at this point until I get a call to pay for the car. Need to get back to paying attention to my sons lacrosse games this week! Will update everyone if I get any news.
My production dates started on feb 11th and completed feb 16th according to TYD if that provides any helpful data points.
This would suggest your car was produced before the factory took the decision to hold all cars with the old heater. So maybe you don't have a stop sale but you have probably got the old heater.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
This would suggest your car was produced before the factory took the decision to hold all cars with the old heater. So maybe you don't have a stop sale but you have probably got the old heater.
I would be perfectly happy with the old heater, where I live no need for a heater! I can schedule a retrofit if needed whenever the new part gets in. Who knows, I may never need a new one, as it can’t break if I never use it? Either way, overall painful experience for everybody going through this. Hoping for the best to all those in this situation.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would be perfectly happy with the old heater, where I live no need for a heater! I can schedule a retrofit if needed whenever the new part gets in. Who knows, I may never need a new one, as it can’t break if I never use it? Either way, overall painful experience for everybody going through this. Hoping for the best to all those in this situation.
Me too. I've already said to my SA I will accept the car with the old heater provided that I can have it replaced at anytime in the future under warranty. But this isn't an option. It's 26 deg C here today so winter has long gone.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
About 12 hrs after the arrival of the ship, I got an update that my car was on the way to my dealer with arrival there today on TYD.
Wow congrats and keep us posted!
Sponsored