annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
10 stars? When did you initiate the process?

Our order is on the same ship, and headed eventually to the same port as yours Annie. It appears the “dealer inventory 3/17” was overly optimistic.

I suspect it’s unlikely you’ll have your Taycan by next Wednesday.
I put down $1k in Sept ‘22 to get on the 4S waiting list. Got an allocation in mid December, which I wasn’t expecting at all. Lock was early-mid Jan. and production was Feb. 15-21st. Went to port, got on the expected ship. SA never took an unreasonable deposit, has been as helpful and responsive as possible the whole time, isn’t charging above MSRP, ordered my gifted blackberry floor mats, etc. So I don’t feel I have much to complain about, I pretty much knew what I was getting into, ya know?

ETA: And for an SA who’s been at that dealership for about 20 yrs I’m sure he has plenty of longtime repeat customers. I feel like I’ve been treated as well as any of them, considering I just walked in having driven nothing but Fords and Hondas for the past 20 years.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Does anybody know if there is any correlation with the port holds for heater parts and the popup indicating delivery delays due to heater component shortages? I know some people are getting that popup on their TYD, and others are not.

In other words has anybody that got the popup had delivery that was not delayed, and has anybody that does not have that popup have a port delay? I have a car on a boat at the moment and have never seen this popup on my TYD and am looking for a reason to have hope.

I have decided to trade in my current daily driver early in expectation of a delivery of my new car in 2 weeks. I was getting a better price for it than I expected when I enquired and did not want that offer to expire. Look like I will be driving the beater Honda Odyssey until my new car gets here, pray for my first world problems! LOL!
I had the pop up, my delivery was not delayed. Picked up my CT 4S on 2/27/23, was at Port Houston 2/18/23, no stop sale or recalls.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Car produced on February 12 delivery scheduled for the 1st week of March... placed in storage and following my salesman, Porsche ask to announce August/September as delay! My salesman think it won't be that long, however I'm disappointed. I will forget that I am about to take delivery and one day…I will receive a call..
This would suggest your car was produced before the factory took the decision to hold all cars with the old heater. So maybe you don't have a stop sale but you have probably got the old heater.
No, these are exactly the same production dates as mine. And mine is blocked for retrofit. Stop delivery was announced the 2nd week of February during the production of mine.

If my car stays more than 2 months without driving I intend to sell it at a very good (high) price to someone impatient and I will buy a 2nd hand Taycan. I prefer to have a car that has a few km/miles than a "new" car that has not moved for more than 2 months.
1. Batteries don't like this at all!!
2. Immediate loss of real value on purchase (it is the production date that count not the date 1st registration)
3. Tires deformation
4. Cars are stored outside and not covered

I can understand and accept a delay but I cannot accept that the production chain continues and that cars produced after mine are delivered before!

I remain optimistic but I still have a hard time!

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I put down $1k in Sept ‘22 to get on the 4S waiting list. Got an allocation in mid December, which I wasn’t expecting at all. Lock was early-mid Jan. and production was Feb. 15-21st. Went to port, got on the expected ship. SA never took an unreasonable deposit, has been as helpful and responsive as possible the whole time, isn’t charging above MSRP, ordered my gifted blackberry floor mats, etc. So I don’t feel I have much to complain about, I pretty much knew what I was getting into, ya know?
Thanks. It’s good to see the experience seems to be improving.

If I were to rate our experience as ten stars, I’d have to be using a scale with 100 stars available.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Car produced on February 12 delivery scheduled for the 1st week of March... placed in storage and following my salesman, Porsche ask to announce August/September as delay! My salesman think it won't be that long, however I'm disappointed. I will forget that I am about to take delivery and one day…I will receive a call..

No, these are exactly the same production dates as mine. And mine is blocked for retrofit. Stop delivery was announced the 2nd week of February during the production of mine.

If my car stays more than 2 months without driving I intend to sell it at a very good (high) price to someone impatient and I will buy a 2nd hand Taycan. I prefer to have a car that has a few km/miles than a "new" car that has not moved for more than 2 months.
1. Batteries don't like this at all!!
2. Immediate loss of real value on purchase (it is the production date that count not the date 1st registration)
3. Tires deformation
4. Cars are stored outside and not covered

I can understand and accept a delay but I cannot accept that the production chain continues and that cars produced after mine are delivered before!

I remain optimistic but I still have a hard time!
Agree totally. I would have rather the car was delayed and not gone into production. Who wants a car that has been parked in a field for 3 to 6 months. Of course the factory doesn't want us to know this is the case. If mine is delayed by more than 2 months I will re-order a MY24 as this is likely to be delivered around Sept/Oct. My car has been in a field now for at least a month.

stonecold926

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
In reaction to the excellent post above from @annieland, I'm in the first bucket.

My new GTS started production on February 20 and was orginally due to complete on February 27. This slipped to March 21. After contacting my dealer they confirmed my car was being held due to delays in the heater part and that all of their Taycan's in production were being affected in the same way.

In the face of the significant uncertainty the heating part fiasco has created, whatever bucket you may be in, I just wanted to provide a little certainty.

The heater part will be fitted to my car by March 21. It will prove there are new heater parts available and the thought of a six month wait is folly. It will be a delay of just a few weeks. Porsche have figured out how to solve the crisis affecting buyers and owners around the world. Life will rerturn to normal and we'll all be good.

You may ask why the confidence and belief? Well I think it's obvious. The Track Your Dream portal/app has NEVER been wrong with a date. Porsche would NEVER just add a dummy date as a placeholder to create false hope. NEVER. :lipssealed:

TaycanMarchDates.jpg

I have exact same production date as OzzieT's GTS but mine was proceed to finish. However, it has been holding at the German port since March 1 and has passed the scheduled departure date with nothing update.

My SA booked one for himself at the same time with my order. He said his delivery date remains April 7 and told me not to worry. But obviously his car is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean when all this happened. So I guess his car might be held at US port once it gets here.

Anyways, I have absolutely no clue what is going on with my car at this moment. I will probably just have to wait till April 17th to learn there will be another month or two for my car to be delivered.

Note: The funny thing is, while all this chaotic situation going on, I received the commentary gift, a card holder, from Porsche yesterday for thanking my patience. How ironic.

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 11.20.30 AM

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 11.04.44 AM

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I’ve received two of those card holders so far. I don’t understand what is the use case for them.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I have exact same production date as OzzieT's GTS but mine was proceed to finish. However, it has been holding at the German port since March 1 and has passed the scheduled departure date with nothing update.

My SA booked one for himself at the same time with my order. He said his delivery date remains April 7 and told me not to worry. But obviously his car is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean when all this happened. So I guess his car might be held at US port once it gets here.

Anyways, I have absolutely no clue what is going on with my car at this moment. I will probably just have to wait till April 17th to learn there will be another month or two for my car to be delivered.

Note: The funny thing is, while all this chaotic situation going on, I received the commentary gift, a card holder, from Porsche yesterday for thanking my patience. How ironic.

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 11.20.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 11.04.44 AM.png

[/QUOTE]
I know where I’d like to shove the gifts lol

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
And by the way, when I cancelled the PPF she told me not to worry, and "it is happening to more people than I can believe right now. Just keep me posted and we will do our best to schedule you in when it arrives."

Considering they probably have a large luxury car clientele, and there's been issues with parts/labor shortages for other Makes too, I'm not surprised.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Interesting to compare our timings and see how they change (or align?)
Mine is bound for FL as it is going to PEC Atlanta, so different boats for sure.

Porsche Taycan All Taycan deliveries being held at port due to needing new heaters Screenshot 2023-03-16 161221

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
@whitex @Payton48 @TXSchnee @minstril @NuJerzPorsche

For those that recently took delivery on Dec 22 - Mar 23 without a stop sale order, how long did your car wait at Emden Port before getting on a ship? Mine was there for over 2 weeks with 3 cargo ships came and gone during that time. Wondering if ours were fitted with new heater there before the voyage across the Atlantic.

Last edited:

Zulfu

First Name
Zulfu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4S in progress, Audi SQ7, Yamaha R1
Country flag
Can i ask where can we follow the car (like on the pictures above) please?

For my case, normally the delivery was planned for the 14 april, but now my salesman told me that i will receive my car at the end of May. But the car is not yet produced. Do u think that i will receive it in May? I'm not sure haha... :(

I asked for the reason of the delay, he told me that there is a lack of heaters...

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can i ask where can we follow the car (like on the pictures above) please?

For my case, normally the delivery was planned for the 14 april, but now my salesman told me that i will receive my car at the end of May. But the car is not yet produced. Do u think that i will receive it in May? I'm not sure haha... :(

I asked for the reason of the delay, he told me that there is a lack of heaters...
Nobody knows. Thé SAs are guessing.