backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I've specced my 4S CT with Black Leather, but in actuality, I'm not a huge fan of leather. I think the leather-free interior looks fantastic. I love the seats! The only thing I think doesn't look as good is the dash. Having looked at more photos now, I'm more and more convinced that I'm certainly not a leather guy. A few concerns:
  • Are you happy with your leather-free interior?
  • What is the netting on the seats like? Is it hard to clean? It looks like stuff could get stuck in there? e.g. some baby vomit as an other post said :)) or any type of sauce or grease really, worst case scenario... Of course I take care of my car, but accidents happen...
Would appreciate some good photos of the netting on the seats, and some honest feedback from people who've had this interior for a while now.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
To each his own but I cannot stomach the standard interior. Too cheap feeling for a Porsche + I have to have a red interior. :cool:
Porsche Taycan Leather Free Interior IMG_3051

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I have race-tex. I don’t feel that covering my interior with cow skin adds anything to the car. Though I love the colours available to leather.

Baby vomit and overall grime and dirt from daily driving. All come out with some care and hot water. It’s also possible to apply coating to textiles.

Overall super happy with the interior. Get loads of compliments from skeptics and it just feels very nice. Add race-tex everywhere you can if your budget will allow it.

OP
OP
backslashed

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have race-tex. I don’t feel that covering my interior with cow skin adds anything to the car. Though I love the colours available to leather.

Baby vomit and overall grime and dirt from daily driving. All come out with some care and hot water. It’s also possible to apply coating to textiles.

Overall super happy with the interior. Get loads of compliments from skeptics and it just feels very nice. Add race-tex everywhere you can if your budget will allow it.
I agree. Thanks for the reply. I also considered putting it on the roof and b pillars but I ended up concluding that the already existing material is quality enough. There is also the sides of the center console. It would be nice if you could do the whole console like the GTS :)

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any decent photos of the leather free interior? Like the OP, I hate leather seats so am opting for leather-free but it's so rare that dealers don't have many to see (going to see one in Bristol at the weekend that's already prepped ready for someone to collect - if it's someones on here then I promise I won't touch, just look!)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I have Race Tex on my GTS and I agree with scav that the leather bits in a GTS add nothing.
I had a base interior 4S before and the worst bit was the partial leather seats
The dash and door caps in high quality smooth plastic is better than the unnecessary
seams in the leather. If I had any model other than a GTS I would go vegan interior.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any decent photos of the leather free interior? Like the OP, I hate leather seats so am opting for leather-free but it's so rare that dealers don't have many to see (going to see one in Bristol at the weekend that's already prepped ready for someone to collect - if it's someones on here then I promise I won't touch, just look!)
There is a Turbo for sale at Porsche Bolton with lots of good photos of the Vegan interior

Buy Pre-Owned Porsche Taycan Turbo at Porsche Centre Bolton

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
D’you know I hadn’t even thought of looking at used adverts! Thank you :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I prefer fabric seats to leather and IME not hard to clean - I had fabric seats in every car I had when my children were growing up.
Unfortunately there wasn’t a colour I liked in the non-leather seating options :(, so I didn’t.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
It’s the colour I’m keen to see too. I had a loan car yesterday from another marque with leather interior and it reminded me how much I really don’t like them. Glad my lock has been delayed to be able to sort this feature out!
Sponsored