Turismo Tailgate Catches on roof when opening!

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo 2023
Country flag
When i open the rear tailgate, it opens about 12 inches and then stops. The top of the rear tailgate door is catching / snagging on the panoramic roof glass. It actually make a crunch noise. Somehow the tailgate or the car body must have become misaligned or deformed. I have it booked in for triage tomorrow at the dealer, but I am pretty worried.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When i open the rear tailgate, it opens about 12 inches and then stops. The top of the rear tailgate door is catching / snagging on the panoramic roof glass. It actually make a crunch noise. Somehow the tailgate or the car body must have become misaligned or deformed. I have it booked in for triage tomorrow at the dealer, but I am pretty worried.
Odd indeed.

You can reprogram the opening height to avoid this happening - useful in this scenario and where there is a low ceiling height.

Consult owner's manual for instructions.

OP
OP

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No. The tailgate is not catching on a low ceiling. Its out of alignment and jammng after lifting just a few inches.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
No. The tailgate is not catching on a low ceiling. Its out of alignment and jammng after lifting just a few inches.
Can you post a picture? I wonder if the spoiler is out of place, otherwise I don’t see how the hatch itself would be so badly misaligned and still closing.

OP
OP

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll try an photograph tomorrow. But it's very odd. The hatch closes perfect.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yeah I realise ceiling height isn't an issue.

If catching on the roof as it starts to open then no option but to get a spanner out and off to the dealers. Interested to know the cause - loose fixings to begin with?

OP
OP

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Strange conversation just now with a colleague who has the same Turismo as I.
His tailgate has started jamming at exactly the same position.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Strange conversation just now with a colleague who has the same Turismo as I.
His tailgate has started jamming at exactly the same position.
I don’t have a glass roof but I checked and the minimum clearance between spoiler and sculpted ally roof edge on mine is around 3mm at minimum, soon after it starts opening.
FWIW

OP
OP

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dealer reckons it is the trim above the rear spoiler that has become delaminated from the hatch, raising it a couple of mm. It's booked in for removing and refitting next month.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The dealer reckons it is the trim above the rear spoiler that has become delaminated from the hatch, raising it a couple of mm. It's booked in for removing and refitting next month.
Jez, I hope that's not the explanation as I had the spoiler issue on the saloon where in cold weather the rear spoiler would not sit flush - fine when it was warmer - this could be similar.

OP
OP

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i'm pretty sure it is correct. If i push my hand on the trim it does depress a few mm.

OP
OP

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update - No remedy from the dealer or Porsche Uk. it has been 8 weeks and the cant get replacement parts and won't offer a loan car. They just say I will get an update in 3 weeks, and then nobody contacts me. so I have to chase them. It's the worst customer experience I have ever had. No bad for a £100k car with 3000 miles on it.

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Update - No remedy from the dealer or Porsche Uk. it has been 8 weeks and the cant get replacement parts and won't offer a loan car. They just say I will get an update in 3 weeks, and then nobody contacts me. so I have to chase them. It's the worst customer experience I have ever had. No bad for a £100k car with 3000 miles on it.
That is terrible service, are you prepared to name and shame the dealer…?
Sponsored