f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
If you can find a car in a showroom which matches your wants and needs, I absolutely agree. For me, this was definitely not the case.
Still not true for me!
Over 300 used Taycans for sale in the UK, none I would buy for one reason or another.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Still not true for me!
Over 300 used Taycans for sale in the UK, none I would buy for one reason or another.
Same for me, though I never had 300 to choose from. I am not even sure whether Porsche ever made 300 Taycan Turbo CT's for the US market, total since they were announced. There are currently 2 new ones showing up in the entire USA in Porsche finder (in route, none on the ground, so likely sold) and 6 used ones (which is 3 times more than the most I ever saw before I got my allocation), none of them within 500 miles of my location.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Same for me, though I never had 300 to choose from. I am not even sure whether Porsche ever made 300 Taycan Turbo CT's for the US market, total since they were announced. There are currently 2 new ones showing up in the entire USA in Porsche finder (in route, none on the ground, so likely sold) and 6 used ones (which is 3 times more than the most I ever saw before I got my allocation), none of them within 500 miles of my location.
On the site I look at there are 85 Cross Turismos for sale (out of over 300 Taycans) 27 of which are Turbo or Turbo S

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the site I look at there are 85 Cross Turismos for sale (out of over 300 Taycans) 27 of which are Turbo or Turbo S
There are a few more Turbo S CT's in the USA, but for me that means at least $30K more, and two options I specifically don't want - ceramic brakes and powered charge port. I was looking specifically for the Turbo CT.

Last edited:

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I’ve been thinking about this lately, as people keep remarking how many Taycans are available now, new and gently used “everywhere.” I was trying to reflect on if I’m just picky. But looking all around the country, putting in absolute bare minimums gives me nothing. If I want a sedan with all-wheel drive, rear axle steering, and a leather interior that is NOT black, forget it. And let’s say I accept a red interior, I’m no doubt losing something that is 2nd priority, like 20” or larger wheels.

The way Porsche configures cars with so many individual options, it’s just not easy to find a car with the couple packages you desire and then give or take a few options like with other brands. Where I live, 80% of new Taycans on lots are RWD, and usually standard exterior and interior. When we have snow and rain at least half the year I don’t know who is rushing for that, except those that just want fast entry to ownership.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
There are a few more Turbo S CT's in the USA, but for me that means at least $30K more, and two options I specifically don't want - ceramic brakes and powered charge port. I was looking specifically for the Turbo CT.
I had the powered charge port on my original configuration and my SA strongly recommended I remove it. He wasn't a fan of the extra weight in exchange for slow and finicky moving parts. It looks super cool and I know people love it, but hopefully I don't regret following his suggestion. I'm not a fan of extra weight and unnecessary moving parts, myself.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the powered charge port on my original configuration and my SA strongly recommended I remove it. He wasn't a fan of the extra weight in exchange for slow and finicky moving parts. It looks super cool and I know people love it, but hopefully I don't regret following his suggestion. I'm not a fan of extra weight and unnecessary moving parts, myself.
For me it was primarily the fact that it blocks the air scarf. It would trigger my OCD, plus I am not a fan of fake vents just for looks. So far have not regretted it. I had left the right charge door open quite a few times at first on my 3,500mile trip home, but I realized than more than half those times a powered door would not have helped as I left the DC flap down too, which isn’t motorized even in a powered port, so wouldn’t be able to auto close anyways. I got used to closing it by the second half of the trip. Now just AC charging, which is right by the driver side door, so hard to forget.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Btw, just for historical logging reason, here is what Porsche Finder shows as available new Taycans in the USA. Form experience, some of those are still in transit, some of those are definitely sold. However, it does give in interesting glimpse into which trims are getting built at what relative quantities. Taycan base and GTS sedan are the leaders, both showing 50+ new cars. Turbo CT seems to be the least represented of all the trims (which is consistent with my hunting experience over the last couple of years).

Porsche Taycan Buyers of New Porsche Taycan Face Wait Times of 6 to 9 Months 1680134886133

Last edited:

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
I find it weird that Ukrainian electronics manufacturers are having issues. All the facilities are in the western parts of the country and all copper is imported from somewhere else. Possible cause might be sea ports but trucking companies picked up the pace significantly (I believe more than 200%) to compensate for other supply bottlenecks. It feels like an artificially created deficit to drive the prices up.
lol.. yeah, what's their problem?? what on earth could be distracting or taking resources away from making wires for europeans electric sports cars? lol. what a silly comment... do you think that when half the country is destroyed the other half just goes on picnicking as if nothing has happened??

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
lol.. yeah, what's their problem?? what on earth could be distracting or taking resources away from making wires for europeans electric sports cars? lol. what a silly comment... do you think that when half the country is destroyed the other half just goes on picnicking as if nothing has happened??
I live here and I know what’s going on. Factories are back to pre-invasion production volumes. Economy needs money. There’s nothing silly about that comment.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
I live here and I know what’s going on. Factories are back to pre-invasion production volumes. Economy needs money. There’s nothing silly about that comment.
well i am quite sure your economy needs money, and i am very glad that a lot of it is back to 'pre-invasion' levels. i meant no offense, but i still think that taken at face value it sounds like a rather inane comment. are you saying that none of the manufacturers west of kyiv are supplying materiel for the defense of ukraine? that's the notion i found 'silly'.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
well i am quite sure your economy needs money, and i am very glad that a lot of it is back to 'pre-invasion' levels. i meant no offense, but i still think that taken at face value it sounds like a rather inane comment. are you saying that none of the manufacturers west of kyiv are supplying materiel for the defense of ukraine? that's the notion i found 'silly'.
All defense related factories were bombed to dust on day 1. Everything else (electronics/mail/raw materials) is back to work.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
For me it was primarily the fact that it blocks the air scarf. It would trigger my OCD, plus I am not a fan of fake vents just for looks. So far have not regretted it. I had left the right charge door open quite a few times at first on my 3,500mile trip home, but I realized than more than half those times a powered door would not have helped as I left the DC flap down too, which isn’t motorized even in a powered port, so wouldn’t be able to auto close anyways. I got used to closing it by the second half of the trip. Now just AC charging, which is right by the driver side door, so hard to forget.
I ordered mine with a power port without realizing that it blocks the air curtain that most likely part of achieving the amazing .22cd (drag coefficient), which is the best of all Porsches (may be at the time) based on the news release below. However, the graphic in this article is not showing the airflow that goes through the side vent which is probably wrong because it is just a logical and not actual illustration, but on the other hand may be open or blocked, they do nothing. Then if there is a power charge port and the vent is blocked, then how much penalty is that to the cd? The answer may be just 0.01 since Turbo S is rated at .23cd and has power port as standard equipment. It does have ceramic brakes but I do not think that makes an impact on the cd even though they are lighter but certainly larger.

Aerodynamics: The best value of all current Porsche models

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered mine with a power port without realizing that it blocks the air curtain that most likely part of achieving the amazing .22cd (drag coefficient), which is the best of all Porsches (may be at the time) based on the news release below. However, the graphic in this article is not showing the airflow that goes through the side vent which is probably wrong because it is just a logical and not actual illustration, but on the other hand may be open or blocked, they do nothing. Then if there is a power charge port and the vent is blocked, then how much penalty is that to the cd? The answer may be just 0.01 since Turbo S is rated at .23cd and has power port as standard equipment. It does have ceramic brakes but I do not think that makes an impact on the cd even though they are lighter but certainly larger.

I would have ordered it too, if I had very little time to build, but a silver lining of waiting over a year for an allocation is all the time in the world to learn about options and perfect the build. I actually had the powered port in the original build.

I absolutely get that the drag coefficient decrease is only ~5%, but again, it's my engineer OCD - it would trigger me no different than a fake vinyl sticker vent would, but I get there are people who like this kind of stuff.

Porsche Taycan Buyers of New Porsche Taycan Face Wait Times of 6 to 9 Months 1680153360463

Yea I know, a fake plastic vent is the next step above a sticker vent, but still fake, while it could actually provide real benefit. It's not the "sticker" part that would trigger me by the way, but rather the uselessness of it. I have a vinyl sticker on my Taycan as a front license plate, there I actually see it as functional - keeps me from getting pulled over, while allowing the car to stay aerodynamic, and not blocking any sensors. My build is loaded with functional options, but extremely light on aesthetics. The only purely aesthetic options I chose were the off road design wheels ($600) and Porsche logo on headrests ($570), though the latter is because I particularly dislike "Turbo" name as applied to an EV, and there was no other way to get rid of the headrests with "Turbo" printed on them - I would have taken a free "Delete model designation from headrests" if there was one. The rest of the options I chose, were either functional or free. The only option I kind-of wish I selected was the black window trim, but not for looks, as I like the silver, but rather because the silver reflects the sun too much when driving with the sun on the driver's side. I am not sure the current black option would have helped though, as it is advertised as "high gloss" and I didn't see a "matte black window trim" option (if there was one, I probably would buy the retrofit).

Most of the drag analysis you can find online shows Taycan's with the powered port. I can't help but wonder, what the pressure clouds (below) would look like with the with an open vent.

Porsche Taycan Buyers of New Porsche Taycan Face Wait Times of 6 to 9 Months 1680153824515

On the other hand, if you care about form over function, I do actually think the smaller port looks better (though I am not fan the black fin that much), but more importantly the disrupted laminar flow is likely to keep more dirt off the side of the car. To each their own.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

I remember this from 2021 AR.
It seems odd that they show the side vents being quite active, but it's on a car with electric port doors?

Last edited: