Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Hello guys!

As I promised, here is my Nürburgring lap report
Car: 2022 RWD PB+ Sport Chrono

Luckily for me, the track was very empty and I was so happy for this since it was my very very very first lap on a Track of any sort. I do a lot of karting which obviously helped with some lines.

car felt really good on acceleration but it definitely lacks power. It complements for mind bending handling. Steering is very precise, it feels like on rails. Until you remind of tire wear.

You, as a driver, you don’t really feel the weight, but your tires do. After just one lap, the tire was warm to the touch and it started ripping. I would happily rip them if I lived 10 km away or having a new set of tires.

14way adjustable seats aren’t ready for lateral G forces, I’m not a really big human being and I was kind of flying around the car, but I think 18 way could be better.

Rear wing is just.. magnificent. It lifts immediately and I don’t have the ability to feel the difference wing vs no wing, but it looked so cool!

all in all, no YouTube video will describe you how compressing zones feel in your heart, or feeling like you’re flying over the straights, so I definitely recommend at least renting a car from apex or rsr to do a lap.

i did that and I can’t describe how big the difference is. i’ve rented the M4 from apex and I couldn’t belive my eyes how much weight and tires contribute to a better performing car.

i also did a video on Youtube with the Taycan Experience on Nürburgring, if you have the pleasure to watch.

My Emotional First Nürburgring Lap In The Porsche Taycan!

Porsche Taycan I lapped my RWD on Nürburgring! 3AD78772-263B-4B24-9AA0-4798ADAAE8D4
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello guys!

As I promised, here is my Nürburgring lap report
Car: 2022 RWD PB+ Sport Chrono

Luckily for me, the track was very empty and I was so happy for this since it was my very very very first lap on a Track of any sort. I do a lot of karting which obviously helped with some lines.

car felt really good on acceleration but it definitely lacks power. It complements for mind bending handling. Steering is very precise, it feels like on rails. Until you remind of tire wear.

You, as a driver, you don’t really feel the weight, but your tires do. After just one lap, the tire was warm to the touch and it started ripping. I would happily rip them if I lived 10 km away or having a new set of tires.

14way adjustable seats aren’t ready for lateral G forces, I’m not a really big human being and I was kind of flying around the car, but I think 18 way could be better.

Rear wing is just.. magnificent. It lifts immediately and I don’t have the ability to feel the difference wing vs no wing, but it looked so cool!

all in all, no YouTube video will describe you how compressing zones feel in your heart, or feeling like you’re flying over the straights, so I definitely recommend at least renting a car from apex or rsr to do a lap.

i did that and I can’t describe how big the difference is. i’ve rented the M4 from apex and I couldn’t belive my eyes how much weight and tires contribute to a better performing car.

i also did a video on Youtube with the Taycan Experience on Nürburgring, if you have the pleasure to watch.

My Emotional First Nürburgring Lap In The Porsche Taycan!

3AD78772-263B-4B24-9AA0-4798ADAAE8D4.png
You did a great job in this video and all of the others!

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Thanks for the write up and video! I'm taking my car out to the Circuit of the Americas for a HPDE class this weekend, and I'm anxious about the tire wear. Have to start somewhere...
Tire wear was the biggest thing that I was concerned as well given the fact that I had to drive 2500km back home 😅😅

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've been to the ring two times and ticked that off my bucket list. Rented a 340i once, and then an M4 both from RSRNurburg. Great people there. Seriously fun both times. My second time there it rained a bit and became quickly obvious that pushing too hard could lead to a very expensive mistake ( I did have insurance specific for the car/track day). Bravo for driving within your limits and having fun. Thanks for sharing. Glad you made it home safely.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is that code for "You were really slow" :)
No, not at all! He looked like he was playing it smart, driving within his limits at a track he didn't know. It wasn't a race, and he wasn't being foolish to try and set some irrelevant lap time.

Not sure if many people know, but when you go to the ring and buy a ticket for a lap, you are responsible for any armco you scrape/damage, I think it was $10 per meter, plus the repair crew. If your car drops, fluids and other cars spin and crash, you're responsible for the damage to their cars. If you crash and close the ring, I think you also have to pay a fee for the time it's closed. And, you have to make arrangements to pay that day.

I've been fortunate to try lots of street cars on lots of tracks. On tracks there's usually a healthy amount of runoff area, it feels a lot safer. At the ring, I think there's only two places where you curbs. The rest are possible launching ramps. Hit the brakes a little bit late, understeer wide off the track and onto the few feet of grass, and, well, you've seen the videos on YouTube. The OP was playing at smart and making sure he didn't end up on YouTube the wrong way!

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Thank you, Sir! As m
I've been to the ring two times and ticked that off my bucket list. Rented a 340i once, and then an M4 both from RSRNurburg. Great people there. Seriously fun both times. My second time there it rained a bit and became quickly obvious that pushing too hard could lead to a very expensive mistake ( I did have insurance specific for the car/track day). Bravo for driving within your limits and having fun. Thanks for sharing. Glad you made it home safely.
thank you, Sir! As the instructor told me, Nurburgring is about having fun, not racing. Thank you for your kind words!

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
No, not at all! He looked like he was playing it smart, driving within his limits at a track he didn't know. It wasn't a race, and he wasn't being foolish to try and set some irrelevant lap time.

Not sure if many people know, but when you go to the ring and buy a ticket for a lap, you are responsible for any armco you scrape/damage, I think it was $10 per meter, plus the repair crew. If your car drops, fluids and other cars spin and crash, you're responsible for the damage to their cars. If you crash and close the ring, I think you also have to pay a fee for the time it's closed. And, you have to make arrangements to pay that day.

I've been fortunate to try lots of street cars on lots of tracks. On tracks there's usually a healthy amount of runoff area, it feels a lot safer. At the ring, I think there's only two places where you curbs. The rest are possible launching ramps. Hit the brakes a little bit late, understeer wide off the track and onto the few feet of grass, and, well, you've seen the videos on YouTube. The OP was playing at smart and making sure he didn't end up on YouTube the wrong way!
Couldn’t say it any better! And if you rent a car, you pay for the damage of that car too! 🤦‍♂️ but it makes sense.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Couldn’t say it any better! And if you rent a car, you pay for the damage of that car too! 🤦‍♂️ but it makes sense.
I think when I rented the car, it was around 700 or 800 bucks. The insurance was another $600. So while it made each lap rather expensive, the potential financial exposure to making one small mistake was too great not to carry insurance.

In October I nicked a cement column in a parking garage, and scraped and dented the rear driver's door, and nicked the rear wheel. $12,500. Imagine how it would be to spin a car, slide along the armco, drop some fluids, cause the track to close while they fix barrier, oh and two people spun and crashed on your dropped oil. It could easily be 100 grand! Anyway, I'm off my thing now... That's why I was giving you kudos for driving within your limits and having fun!

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
I think when I rented the car, it was around 700 or 800 bucks. The insurance was another $600. So while it made each lap rather expensive, the potential financial exposure to making one small mistake was too great not to carry insurance.

In October I nicked a cement column in a parking garage, and scraped and dented the rear driver's door, and nicked the rear wheel. $12,500. Imagine how it would be to spin a car, slide along the armco, drop some fluids, cause the track to close while they fix barrier, oh and two people spun and crashed on your dropped oil. It could easily be 100 grand! Anyway, I'm off my thing now... That's why I was giving you kudos for driving within your limits and having fun!
I own a bodyshop and I totally understand the cost of a mistake. The M4 was 550€ for 2 laps, no insurance needed but in the contract it was stipulated that if I crash the car, I repair with my own money at their workshop or pay 40k if the car is totaled. Reasonable. My next adventure will definitely be a SPA day, the guys at RSR have a lot of cars there.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
"
Cost of crashing on the Nurburgring
These include Armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter fees. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

• Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
  • Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
  • Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
  • Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
  • Replacing armco post: €39 each
  • Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
  • Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
  • Recovery truck: €500 (inc VAT)
"
eek! I think those are very old prices too. fun!

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For sure it's worth doing once. Definitely a bucket list thing!
Sponsored