SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
This is what I ran into, with article dated today, May 4, 2023, describing more of the rationale for more price increases 4%-8% (seems to be the same topic as the OP) coming later this year. We are apparently the problem, just wanting their cars too much. I like the punchline: "Given the already high demand for every Porsche model in the lineup, buyers won't be put off in the slightest."

Porsche Raising Prices As It Prepares To Battle Ferrari

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This is what I ran into, with article dated today, May 4, 2023, describing more of the rationale for more price increases 4%-8% (seems to be the same topic as the OP) coming later this year. We are apparently the problem, just wanting their cars too much. I like the punchline: "Given the already high demand for every Porsche model in the lineup, buyers won't be put off in the slightest."

Porsche Raising Prices As It Prepares To Battle Ferrari
Maybe Porsche figured selling less cars at higher profit margin is more their thing, with all the problems they are facing keeping supply-chains running. Keep rising prices until you have customers for just a little more units than you manage to procure parts for, produce, and deliver. It might mean Porsche will reduce their production capacity. Ferrari sells 13K cars a year, Porsche sells 70K. they could cut production by 80% and still ship more cars - a lot less 12V batteries and heaters to manage ;) .

Last edited:

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Porsche are saying they are ready to ramp production up: https://electrek.co/2023/05/03/porsche-taycan-due-production-ramp-q1/
Raise prices, sell more product. Every MBA's wet dream!

I wish Porsche well, but I'm thinking they might not know their own market well, especially if they are planning to expand the market. I suspect they think everyone buying a a Taycan bought it for the badge, and is willing to pay even more for it, but I think they are wrong. Taycan did not have much competition in the EV market when it came out, but that is changing quickly.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not saying that the quoted rises are implausible, but does anyone have a link to a Porsche source? (I've not managed to find one yet)

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
I’m 99% sure this is trailing news, the recent price increases we saw on the configurator is what this is referencing. It’s not in addition to that. Of course that doesn’t mean they won’t have another increase later this year.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not saying that the quoted rises are implausible, but does anyone have a link to a Porsche source? (I've not managed to find one yet)
After a bit more searching, it appears that the source is Reuters, summarising what the Porsche CFO said on a call following end of Q1, with market analysts on the 3rd May. Nothing more specific than the 4-8%, but given that it was only a few days ago, I think this must be in addition to the latest prices currently on the configurators (and is separate to the 10-15% uplift that is planned for EV version of next generation Macan etc.).
Sponsored