Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
Agree with what you have stated but I am using the Salary Sacrifice scheme and thus only new EV’s have the tax incentives, maint/ins all covered. Thus used market is an option………for now.
[/QUOTE
Yup did that before taking the Tesla and again before ordering the Taycan but the Salary Sacrifice scheme is not comparable when you look at total expenditure over 3 years with no deposit, monthly payment deducted from salary before tax, less than 10th of the cost for insurance, all maintenance/tyres etc. paid regardless. Only 2% tax on benefit per year and only £250 penalty to leave after initial 3 months ownership.

As mentioned in other threads, this scheme is behind the UK market being flooded with used 2/3yr EV’s now and am sure will increase each year…… the only issue has been availability and delivery delays.

Under no illusion that this bubble will burst at some point, wether it will be increase of tax on the scheme or residuals go beyond expectations and the various companies increase monthly payments to cover dropping residuals from flooded used markets.
it will end when 100% corporate tax deduction ends for new EV’s. Interesting to note that ex demos qualify as new for this tax deduction.
Sponsored

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hey all, as some may already of seen from a couple of my posts today, I have decided to cancel my Taycan order. Although my delivery date was a little time away, Oct23, I’m not really prepared to accept delays of 5 months which I’m sure has high potential to delay even further. In addition was told of price increase and no guarantees that the options selected will be available in 2024.

Anyways, thought I would thank you all for a short but enjoyable time on this forum, but most importantly wish you all enjoyment of ownership and hope that those waiting, that it comes soon.

Now off to try and find another EV, there won’t be a competitor to the Taycan so back to the drawing board……oh and def won’t be another Tesla, done nearly 3 years with the ‘frugly’ brand and that’s enough for me😉
PM me. I got a project overseas and gonna be 75% out of the US and considering selling mine. RWD Loaded 3.3k miles. ‘23

brett_z

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
All I can add is the Taycan is so worth I came close to ordering one on more than one occasion. Took my friends new 23 for a ride and had to have it but I wasn’t about to wait the “unknown” for allocation, production, shipping etc. Like others have said in the US the tax rebates gone anyway on imports. I picked up a 22 exec demo with 3K mikes for 15K UNDER list that was 7 months old. It smells new, looks new and I am one happy camper. Don’t let the global issues end your pursuit, like the others have said lots of “lightly preloved” cars available.

KCD

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Rolls-Royce Wraith, Bentley Corniche
Country flag
I know it's not the same buying experience, but there are tons of second hand, nearly-new or ex-demo models available. And the moment yours arrives, irrespective of spec, it's also immediately second hand. There might be a car out there that fits (pretty closely) your specification. I saw a car the other day that was 14 months old but damn me it looked like new. And there's very little that can't be replaced, polished up or repaired. It will also be cheaper!
Weezer is right. I found a "second hand" 4S here in the UK with 111 miles on the clock at almost the same price as the current configurator listing. Not quite all the options I wanted and some I didn't want, but nevertheless, no waiting time at all. Go almost new and avoid the wait.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Weezer is right. I found a "second hand" 4S here in the UK with 111 miles on the clock at almost the same price as the current configurator listing. Not quite all the options I wanted and some I didn't want, but nevertheless, no waiting time at all. Go almost new and avoid the wait.
111 miles? What happened? The previous owner couldn't open the charging port and gave up? That's less miles then a demo car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
A cancelled order from someone who didn't want to wait 7 months for some part, like the 12V battery, heater, Bose, Burmester, insert whatever the current part shortage was at the time?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately I would be apprehensive to throw £80-100k cash into a mainstream car, pay extortionate insurance (approx £4000 per year where I live).
"Mainstream" for the UK where you have company / corporate tax incentives and other financial schemes to make the taycan affordable for the masses but that's not the reality for most of the world.

Just to put things into perspective, here in PT, in March 2023, around 12k car were sold that month. 990 were Teslas and 13 were Taycans. Doesn't look mainstream at all.

OP
OP
Hanny

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
"Mainstream" for the UK where you have company / corporate tax incentives and other financial schemes to make the taycan affordable for the masses but that's not the reality for most of the world.

Just to put things into perspective, here in PT, in March 2023, around 12k car were sold that month. 990 were Teslas and 13 were Taycans. Doesn't look mainstream at all.
My use of mainstream was referring to currant EV’s on the market, with Taycan being part there off. The context of my post was in relation to the UK market only, where the average household would not be usually looking to purchase £90,000 cars as their main use/commuter vehicle.

Dave Birch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s cross turismo
Country flag
Hey all, as some may already of seen from a couple of my posts today, I have decided to cancel my Taycan order. Although my delivery date was a little time away, Oct23, I’m not really prepared to accept delays of 5 months which I’m sure has high potential to delay even further. In addition was told of price increase and no guarantees that the options selected will be available in 2024.

Anyways, thought I would thank you all for a short but enjoyable time on this forum, but most importantly wish you all enjoyment of ownership and hope that those waiting, that it comes soon.

Now off to try and find another EV, there won’t be a competitor to the Taycan so back to the drawing board……oh and def won’t be another Tesla, done nearly 3 years with the ‘frugly’ brand and that’s enough for me😉
5 months wait! You guys in the States have it easy it seems. I waited 15 months and took delivery in late march

OP
OP
Hanny

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
5 months wait! You guys in the States have it easy it seems. I waited 15 months and took delivery in late march
@Dave Birch - not sure if your reply was to my post but in case it was, I’m in UK not US and I have had my order in since July 22 with original delivery of Oct/Nov 23 but was informed last week that it is pushed out to Feb 24. Also that I will be subject to any price increase from time of my order to build confirmation plus they cannot guarantee the same options as ordered will be available. Not sure if the car will be MY23 or MY24.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Depends on your luck and what you are looking to buy. It took me 20 months, and over a year of that cold calling dealers to find myself an allocation for a TTCT.

Dave Birch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s cross turismo
Country flag
@Dave Birch - not sure if your reply was to my post but in case it was, I’m in UK not US and I have had my order in since July 22 with original delivery of Oct/Nov 23 but was informed last week that it is pushed out to Feb 24. Also that I will be subject to any price increase from time of my order to build confirmation plus they cannot guarantee the same options as ordered will be available. Not sure if the car will be MY23 or MY24.
That’s a long wait, worse than my 4s cross turismo. I got all the options I wanted bar the cherry red paint oh and a price increase while waiting

Porsche Taycan Sad time to say goodbye to the forum IMG_0061

KCD

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
111 miles? What happened? The previous owner couldn't open the charging port and gave up? That's less miles then a demo car.
According to my Porsche dealer, the guy was allegedly buying the car through his employer's Company car scheme, and then changed jobs whilst waiting for delivery. His new employer had very different rules on Company cars and would not allow him to take delivery. My "ethical" dealer was selling it at the price the guy paid. Nothing but good to say about Porsche Cambridge so far (a month in).

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
According to my Porsche dealer, the guy was allegedly buying the car through his employer's Company car scheme, and then changed jobs whilst waiting for delivery. His new employer had very different rules on Company cars and would not allow him to take delivery. My "ethical" dealer was selling it at the price the guy paid. Nothing but good to say about Porsche Cambridge so far (a month in).
Makes sense except new cars get delivered with 12-15km on the odometer, not 111 miles. Someone took it for a spin 🤣

KCD

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Makes sense except new cars get delivered with 12-15km on the odometer, not 111 miles. Someone took it for a spin 🤣
Yes, or probably used as a demonstrator for a time. Matters not to me, I got an as good as new car without the 15 month wait, and a spec which was nearly everything I wanted, and some extra bits as well.
Sponsored