OP
Hanny

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Well it looks like I need to put my toys back in the pram!

My search for an alternative to replace my delayed Taycan order is fast running out of options, thus far everything I have looked at will need to be a compromise on what my selected optioned Taycan 4SCT would be.

Before the barrage of buy used in reply to this post, it has to be new and available on the Salary Sacrifice scheme due to the tax concessions and option to just pay £250 after 3 months ownership and walk away. No deposits, no worry about depreciation, no maint/service costs, very cheap business insurance etc etc. blah blah 🤓

So, I rescinded my cancellation and will just have to accept that it will arrive when it arrives…… to be honest it’s quite a relief as the search for an alternative new EV that matched my wants on the Taycan was fast becoming fustrating.

Good news is I get to continue with sarcastic posts on this forum with an added bonus of knowing that those who were looking forward to me moving on…..are not going to be so lucky 😛

Porsche Taycan Sad time to say goodbye to the forum IMG_0596
Sponsored

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Well it looks like I need to put my toys back in the pram!

My search for an alternative to replace my delayed Taycan order is fast running out of options, thus far everything I have looked at will need to be a compromise on what my selected optioned Taycan 4SCT would be.
Good choice.

I was genuinely intrigued to hear if you found an alternative.

I don’t regret waiting, though it is B-I-G

I didn’t cancel when mine was annoyingly delayed because my only alternative ended up being to continue with the 5 year old car I have (which I haven’t sold yet).

OP
OP
Hanny

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Good choice.

I was genuinely intrigued to hear if you found an alternative.

I don’t regret waiting, though it is B-I-G

I didn’t cancel when mine was annoyingly delayed because my only alternative ended up being to continue with the 5 year old car I have (which I haven’t sold yet).
The closest I could find was the EQE SUV AMG….but I could only get access to the saloon model as SUV is not available to order which means that it would not arrive before my delayed Taycan delivery date…. and some. Notwithstanding that a EQS SUV AMG would probably cost £10k-£20k more than my spec’d Taycan.

Only down side it that I will have to await for cost adjustment for a MY24, noted my original option price has gone up £5k since placing the order/joining the queue (PR9GHDR0)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The closest I could find was the EQE SUV AMG….but I could only get access to the saloon model as SUV is not available to order which means that it would not arrive before my delayed Taycan delivery date…. and some. Notwithstanding that a EQS SUV AMG would probably cost £10k-£20k more than my spec’d Taycan.

Only down side it that I will have to await for cost adjustment for a MY24, noted my original option price has gone up £5k since placing the order/joining the queue (PR9GHDR0)
Ah I have professional bias leading me to never consider an SUV and almost every EV is a SUV or crossover because the layout is so much cheaper.

The EQS is pointlessly (for me) bigger, but has a tailgate - good for my dog - and the EQE has a boot so no good, neither available in green.
The BMW i4 was the only one anywhere close, and you can get green too.

OP
OP
Hanny

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Ah I have professional bias leading me to never consider an SUV and almost every EV is a SUV or crossover because the layout is so much cheaper.

The EQS is pointlessly (for me) bigger, but has a tailgate - good for my dog - and the EQE has a boot so no good, neither available in green.
The BMW i4 was the only one anywhere close, and you can get green too.
Im pushing the limits with getting a CT with a 65kg Rottweiler but am paying up to get my teenage boys their driving lessons/test - with them kicked out of our car that leaves just the wife and dog.

I found the EQS just too big with a hefty price tag, however my opinion/findings was that Merc stand head and shoulders above Porsche/VAG with their EV operating system and user interface.

The Merc EV’s drive is def more on the luxury side which I thought might be more to my taste/wants to look at their AMG versions which really sky-rockets in price.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The EQS is pointlessly (for me) bigger, but has a tailgate
EQS is narrower by .3in, 6in longer, a foot taller, but its RAS has much larger max deflection angle (10 degrees) so I'm thinking it would feel smaller. EQS AMG was on a short list for Taycan alternative for me.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Makes sense except new cars get delivered with 12-15km on the odometer, not 111 miles. Someone took it for a spin 🤣
I spotted deep in T&Cs when I signed my order that delivery miles will be 10’s of miles OR possibly up to 250 depending on testing selection. Cars are randomly selected from production lines for additional testing, which result in up to 250 delivery miles.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I spotted deep in T&Cs when I signed my order that delivery miles will be 10’s of miles OR possibly up to 250 depending on testing selection. Cars are randomly selected from production lines for additional testing, which result in up to 250 delivery miles.
Woah. Had no idea. Thx for this information

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You'd think at the factory level they could legally reset the odometer, simply consider the test part of production process. It's not like they count the number of wheel rotations if rolling the car while it's off, or when the wheels are not even attached, or when testing the motors in the test jig.

Or maybe this "random test" is actually a re-test if they find something wrong with it and send it back to production to fix?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Btw,

Mine has 7km (4.3 miles) on the odometer. I guess they didn't test it at all 🤣

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EQS is narrower by .3in, 6in longer, a foot taller, but its RAS has much larger max deflection angle (10 degrees) so I'm thinking it would feel smaller. EQS AMG was on a short list for Taycan alternative for me.
I am in England.
Neither most of the roads where I live nor any of the parking spaces are suitable for a Taycan, never mind the EQS.

I seriously considered not buying the Taycan because of its size, and it is the only thing that is crap about it, and does give me second thoughts. After nearly 6 months enjoying driving it I still HATE its size. It is ridiculously big.

What I meant was having a bigger car because it has a more luxurious rear cabin is stupid (for me) I am not a chauffeur.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That surprised me a lot! I never looked that deep at the specifications when I test drove the EQS.

I took it from a public car park where my Taycan was perked just a few spaces further on. And in the test drive the EQS felt much larger, both wider and also longer?? It felt huge compared to the Taycan ( which is a large car by all means).

However I never proceeded any further as the EQS did not feel good when driving. Felt like a big “boat”. Felt very heavy.
Liked the finish, the navigation, HUD and efficiency when driving though.

I felt it was more designed to be driven in rather than to drive!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I am in England.
Neither most of the roads where I live nor any of the parking spaces are suitable for a Taycan, never mind the EQS.

I seriously considered not buying the Taycan because of its size, and it is the only thing that is crap about it, and does give me second thoughts. After nearly 6 months enjoying driving it I still HATE its size. It is ridiculously big.

What I meant was having a bigger car because it has a more luxurious rear cabin is stupid (for me) I am not a chauffeur.
The car isn't too big, the parking spaces are too small. I've no idea what building regs or whatever supermarkets / shopping centres comply with, but i'm sure it's based on the average dimensions of a car in the 1970s. All the airbags and us getting fatter etc means nearly all cars are bigger - mini vs mini etc.

They are the right size in our nearest costco, however. But my cupboards are too small for pots of peanut butter that i could climb in to so don't go there much. They are definitely not the right size at the nearest shopping centre/multi-storey car park (ramps and curbs sponsored by wheel wizards no doubt).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That surprised me a lot! I never looked that deep at the specifications when I test drove the EQS.

I took it from a public car park where my Taycan was perked just a few spaces further on. And in the test drive the EQS felt much larger, both wider and also longer?? It felt huge compared to the Taycan ( which is a large car by all means).

However I never proceeded any further as the EQS did not feel good when driving. Felt like a big “boat”. Felt very heavy.
Liked the finish, the navigation, HUD and efficiency when driving though.

I felt it was more designed to be driven in rather than to drive!
Was it the AMG version you drove? Was it the AR or regular HUD?

The non-AMG EQS is definitely geared towards a comfortable road cruiser. I never drove the AMG, but was told it has a lot sportier handling. Of course Taycan wins as the best car for me, but if I was still waiting for a Taycan today, EQS AMG would be one of the top contenders.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car isn't too big,
Disagree.
Most cars are too big these days, I do realise it is the cheapest way to pass crash tests but it is a much bigger pain having a car too big for most of the roads than too big for parking spaces and that is the problem.

Out Prius is quicker than the Taycan on lots of journeys round here because I can go quicker in it, better acceleration and more grip doesn’t beat having to slow or stop often because of oncoming traffic :(
Sponsored