Canadian Taycans - general discussion.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Is anyone else's car at the port in Emden awaiting a ride on the Goodwood departing on July 21st? It's scheduled to arrive in Halifax on July 31st.

My carmine red 4S should be on the boat, and then trucked from Halifax to Vancouver. Can't wait! Put my initial deposit in Oct 2017, so it's been a long road to get here.

There doesn't seem to be that many Taycans being delivered here on the West Coast just yet. I have only seen one on the road in white, but perhaps COVID has people staying at home more.
Sponsored

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Is anyone else's car at the port in Emden awaiting a ride on the Goodwood departing on July 21st? It's scheduled to arrive in Halifax on July 31st.

My carmine red 4S should be on the boat, and then trucked from Halifax to Vancouver. Can't wait! Put my initial deposit in Oct 2017, so it's been a long road to get here.

There doesn't seem to be that many Taycans being delivered here on the West Coast just yet. I have only seen one on the road in white, but perhaps COVID has people staying at home more.
I am hoping to get on the goodwood. What was you production exit date? Mine was July 10 and in Emden by the 17th

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I am hoping to get on the goodwood. What was you production exit date? Mine was July 10 and in Emden by the 17th
I completed production on July 9th and entered Emden July 10th. Guess I got luck with that transfer.

Hope you get on Terra. What's your car spec? Are you getting it from Langley or Vancouver?

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag

Hi, I'm in Montreal and have a Carmine Red Taycan 4S as well that entered Emdem on July 8th. How can I know for sure that it'll be crossing the pound on Goodwood ship with you? Because if I look at the tracking screen shot the Sales rep sent me, it looks like the expected date for leaving Emden is July 31th (arriving in Halifax on August 7th)...The only problem is that there are no ships sailing out of Emden on July 31th for Halifax when you look at PWL VW logistics...

I really hope our two Carmine Red Taycan are travelling together ;-)

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I completed production on July 9th and entered Emden July 10th. Guess I got luck with that transfer.
Similar here; My Gentian Blue 4S completed production on July 8th and entered Emden July 10th. The tracker is still showing a Planned Date of August 7th to exit Emden, but I'd sure be happy to find out I've been loaded aboard the Goodwood today.

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I confirmed today I am on board for departure tomorrow 4s Frozen blue from Vancouver.
Awesome! Sounds like we'll be shipmates and perhaps truck-mates on the cross country journey from Halifax to the dealer.

Similar here; My Gentian Blue 4S completed production on July 8th and entered Emden July 10th. The tracker is still showing a Planned Date of August 7th to exit Emden, but I'd sure be happy to find out I've been loaded aboard the Goodwood today.
@LonePalmBJ - I would assume cars going to Georgia offload in Jacksonville FL, not in Houston? If so, you don't want to be on the Goodwood; it doesn't stop in Jacksonville! It goes from Halifax to Davisville RI, to Houston. Perhaps you got on the Swift Ace that left Emden on the 15th?! You can see the departure schedule attached.

Attachments

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Hi, I'm in Montreal and have a Carmine Red Taycan 4S as well that entered Emdem on July 8th. How can I know for sure that it'll be crossing the pound on Goodwood ship with you? Because if I look at the tracking screen shot the Sales rep sent me, it looks like the expected date for leaving Emden is July 31th (arriving in Halifax on August 7th)...The only problem is that there are no ships sailing out of Emden on July 31th for Halifax when you look at PWL VW logistics...

I really hope our two Carmine Red Taycan are travelling together ;-)
You can only be certain if you contact your dealer (which I have not). However, it's a pretty good bet that if you've been at the port since the 8th, you'll be on the Goodwood. The tracking screen expected dates have standard estimates at port (3 weeks), shipping (2 weeks), and transport before dealer arrival (3 weeks). Ships take 10 days to cross the Atlantic, and transport thereafter all depends on how fast the cars get on a truck and leave Halifax.

Next ship to Canada doesn't leave until August 8th! That wouldn't be ideal...

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
@LonePalmBJ - I would assume cars going to Georgia offload in Jacksonville FL, not in Houston? If so, you don't want to be on the Goodwood; it doesn't stop in Jacksonville! It goes from Halifax to Davisville RI, to Houston. Perhaps you got on the Swift Ace that left Emden on the 15th?! You can see the departure schedule attached.
Yes, the Georgia cars offload in Jacksonville. I couldn't actually tell if the Goodwood stops there or not; she was in Jacksonville two weeks ago and also stopped at Davisville, for example, on her last return voyage to Emden. Heck, you have to pass Jacksonville to get to Houston from RI anyway, but I don't know. I'm certain I'm not on the Swift Ace, as my status from two days ago still shows me V331 in Emden. I do wonder if I might end up on the Med Highway departing August 1st, which does show a stop in Jax. Still lots of waiting to do. Once I'm on a boat I can then schedule the date for my PEC delivery, and have something else to wait for too!

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Yes, the Georgia cars offload in Jacksonville. I couldn't actually tell if the Goodwood stops there or not; she was in Jacksonville two weeks ago and also stopped at Davisville, for example, on her last return voyage to Emden. Heck, you have to pass Jacksonville to get to Houston from RI anyway, but I don't know. I'm certain I'm not on the Swift Ace, as my status from two days ago still shows me V331 in Emden. I do wonder if I might end up on the Med Highway departing August 1st, which does show a stop in Jax. Still lots of waiting to do. Once I'm on a boat I can then schedule the date for my PEC delivery, and have something else to wait for too!
PEC delivery sounds so great! I'm jealous!

I've been to both PEC ATL and LA and it's a total immersion of the senses. Couldn't stop smiling for days!

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I, too, am hoping the Goodwood makes a quick stop in Jax. But I’m pretty much out of hopes about this car. Should be a cinch for Mediterranean Highway, but who knows?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
PEC delivery sounds so great! I'm jealous!

I've been to both PEC ATL and LA and it's a total immersion of the senses. Couldn't stop smiling for days!
I went to the Porsche Driving School in Birmingham, Alabama in 2004 and 2005 (masters program). I still smile when I think about those experiences.

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I confirmed today I am on board for departure tomorrow 4s Frozen blue from Vancouver.
Confirmed today as well, I'm definitely on the Goodwood arriving in Halifax on the 31st. There was a Frozen Blue Turbo at Porsche Centre Vancouver today, with blue rimmed Mission E wheels. Pretty awesome! Sorry I didn't get a photo!

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
Confirmed today as well, I'm definitely on the Goodwood arriving in Halifax on the 31st. There was a Frozen Blue Turbo at Porsche Centre Vancouver today, with blue rimmed Mission E wheels. Pretty awesome! Sorry I didn't get a photo!
Nice, Yes I heard about this one when I was in doing up my spec.

Volaris

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Just an fyi, my car was shipped in June but has been stranded in Halifax for 2-3 weeks. I have a beautiful temp car so no rush for me but curious if anyone else in the same spot?
Sponsored