Singh

First Name
Manjeet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys I’m new to this forum and recently had an issue with my 2020 Taycan 4S. Electrical system failure appeared on the dashboard and after trying multiple times with locking/unlocking the car, finally made a call to send it to the dealership. I was told that I need full battery replacement and that it will take 90 days for the whole process. Have any of you guys encountered this issues? What should I do? I don’t want to be without a car for 90 days that I’m making payments on. What would you guys suggest?
Sponsored

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
I am sorry to read of your experience. I would think your dealership should provide a loaner. Did you lease the car?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
loaner + reimbursement of the monthly payments for the time you're without the car since you're not enjoying it. Also save gas invoices of the loaner and every other expense for reimbursement.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
What would you guys suggest?
This happened to me in January as well as well as a few others on the forum. I just got my car back last week. What @tchavei said above is essentially it: get a loaner from your dealer and contact Porsche NA immediately to start working out reimbursement for not having your vehicle. Keep all other expenses (like fuel) so that you get reimbursed when you get your car back.

What you can also do, which I haven't seen mentioned before, is sign up for Porsche Drive. Through Porsche Drive, you can do long-term Porsche rentals. Depending on availability, you may be able to rent a Taycan 4S to use while your car is being repaired instead of being put into a base Macan loaner from your dealer. Just make sure before you move forward with Porsche Drive that you get Porsche NA to confirm they will reimburse you for the expense, as it is NOT cheap.

OP
OP

Singh

First Name
Manjeet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
This happened to me in January as well as well as a few others on the forum. I just got my car back last week. What @tchavei said above is essentially it: get a loaner from your dealer and contact Porsche NA immediately to start working out reimbursement for not having your vehicle. Keep all other expenses (like fuel) so that you get reimbursed when you get your car back.

What you can also do, which I haven't seen mentioned before, is sign up for Porsche Drive. Through Porsche Drive, you can do long-term Porsche rentals. Depending on availability, you may be able to rent a Taycan 4S to use while your car is being repaired instead of being put into a base Macan loaner from your dealer. Just make sure before you move forward with Porsche Drive that you get Porsche NA to confirm they will reimburse you for the expense, as it is NOT cheap.
thank you.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
The base Macan sucks. 16 pounds per horsepower. I’ve driven rental Hyundais with better performance.

OP
OP

Singh

First Name
Manjeet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

Thanks. How did you contact Porsche NA? Did you use the customer service number?

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Thanks. How did you contact Porsche NA? Did you use the customer service number?
Yes. I had to call a few times to finally get the claim assigned to someone, but once that happened, I had a dedicated representative to speak with.

OP
OP

Singh

First Name
Manjeet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes. I had to call a few times to finally get the claim assigned to someone, but once that happened, I had a dedicated representative to speak with.
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Did they compensate you on monthly basis or at the end once your vehicle was ready?
Sponsored