Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
After delivery of my new 4S in Amsterdam last week, I took the car for a longer test drive to Switzerland. Here are some observations. As I am new to EV driving I was curious how this would work out.
First I secured all sorts of charging cards, to maximize chances of successful charging along the way. It appeared the small Porsche issued token works well with Ionity, which is the leading European fast charging network (at least in NL and Germany and there are some in Switzerland).
The Porsche Planning tool made some suggestions for charging but surprisingly seemed to miss the Ionity options. So decided to skip the suggested options.
The car drives incredibly well, very comfortable and quiet. A flying carpet. It is a joy to just listen to the radio and put on the cruise control. Very different from my previous 997 4S which was particularly noisy because of the tires. If you want it is blistering fast. But you don’t want that because that impacts the range. So what happens is you start driving in range mode and become more zen than in any other Porsche. Strange.
When the destination is entered the car predicts how much range there is and also tells the car how fast it can drive to ensure it reaches the destination sufficiently charged. I was surprised to learn at some point the car does not go faster because of the max speed limit imposed by the range manager! Weird and had to turn that off.
Charging went well with Ionity, twice short 20 - 25 minute breaks going from about 25% to 80% at 200 Kw. At the Gotthard Ionity facility the charging did not work. Whatever we tried the car did not connect. The Ionity rep suggested this had to do with new chargers at their end(?). Scary if you are running low. We still had 45% which proved enough to reach our final destination with 15% left. Some anxiety there.
We took the Furka pass which is steep and high.
Anyway we made it very well, relaxed and happy. The pics speak for themselves. View attachment 6693

View attachment 6694

View attachment 6695

View attachment 6696

View attachment 6697

View attachment 6698

View attachment 6699
Prachtig

DMTaycan

First Name
Deya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 718, Audi 8, Audi A5
Country flag
After delivery of my new 4S in Amsterdam last week, I took the car for a longer test drive to Switzerland. Here are some observations. As I am new to EV driving I was curious how this would work out.
First I secured all sorts of charging cards, to maximize chances of successful charging along the way. It appeared the small Porsche issued token works well with Ionity, which is the leading European fast charging network (at least in NL and Germany and there are some in Switzerland).
The Porsche Planning tool made some suggestions for charging but surprisingly seemed to miss the Ionity options. So decided to skip the suggested options.
The car drives incredibly well, very comfortable and quiet. A flying carpet. It is a joy to just listen to the radio and put on the cruise control. Very different from my previous 997 4S which was particularly noisy because of the tires. If you want it is blistering fast. But you don’t want that because that impacts the range. So what happens is you start driving in range mode and become more zen than in any other Porsche. Strange.
When the destination is entered the car predicts how much range there is and also tells the car how fast it can drive to ensure it reaches the destination sufficiently charged. I was surprised to learn at some point the car does not go faster because of the max speed limit imposed by the range manager! Weird and had to turn that off.
Charging went well with Ionity, twice short 20 - 25 minute breaks going from about 25% to 80% at 200 Kw. At the Gotthard Ionity facility the charging did not work. Whatever we tried the car did not connect. The Ionity rep suggested this had to do with new chargers at their end(?). Scary if you are running low. We still had 45% which proved enough to reach our final destination with 15% left. Some anxiety there.
We took the Furka pass which is steep and high.
Anyway we made it very well, relaxed and happy. The pics speak for themselves. View attachment 6693

View attachment 6694

View attachment 6695

View attachment 6696

View attachment 6697

View attachment 6698

View attachment 6699
Lovely photos. Did you try a better route planner? Also what was your estimated range and which battery does your Taycan have. Thanks

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Awesome photos and thanks for the write up. I freaking love Switzerland and I'm jealous you get to drive your Taycan there.

taycan4s_nl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Beautiful car and trip dude!
I'm collecting almost the same configuration next Friday.

Have fun with it!

pod1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Awesome photos. Wish I could do that.
The max speed limit can be changed in range mode by pressing the 3 dots on the bottom right side of the screen shown which then brings up the menu.
Have fun.

Porsche Taycan NL to Switzerland 1000km trip in new Taycan 4S B4389373-A0D7-4E70-A12F-45F2B39E16DA
Sponsored