atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ISC and Taycan on order
Country flag
Does anyone know what kind of tires are being put on Taycan delivered to dealerships in Georgia/ Florida?
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What size wheels and all season or summer? US 20" wheels are AS Continental Extreme Contact and the summers are Michelin Pilot Sport 4.

It can theoretically vary but those are the standard 20" tire options for the US.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
What size wheels and all season or summer? US 20" wheels are AS Continental Extreme Contact and the summers are Michelin Pilot Sport 4.

It can theoretically vary but those are the standard 20" tire options for the US.
In the US, the Turbo S 21" wheels come standard with summer tires unless you option out for all-season.

OP
OP

atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ISC and Taycan on order
Country flag

Size are 20 inch
Thanks

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In the US, the Turbo S 21" wheels come standard with summer tires unless you option out for all-season.
If that's true, it sucks we can't option the summer tires on a Turbo with 21" wheels. It's basically an extra $2k after getting the car to put decent tires on it.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone know what kind of tires are being put on Taycan delivered to dealerships in Georgia/ Florida?
I'm in Florida and my Turbo with 21" Mission E Wheels have Continental ProContact RX tires. Continental website describes them as "An all-season touring tire with excellent traction and braking in dry and wet conditions, balanced with superb fuel efficiency and a quiet, comfortable ride."

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If that's true, it sucks we can't option the summer tires on a Turbo with 21" wheels. It's basically an extra $2k after getting the car to put decent tires on it.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4's are pretty good tires, unless there's something I don't know about.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Michelin Pilot Sport 4's are pretty good tires, unless there's something I don't know about.
That's what I'd choose. (I put them on my Macan). But 21" wheels in the US on the Turbo come with A/S tires with no option to have it come with summers.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's what I'd choose. (I put them on my Macan). But 21" wheels in the US on the Turbo come with A/S tires with no option to have it come with summers.
From the US manual:

Summer Tires:

FA 265/35 ZR21 (101Y) XL on 9.5J x 21 RO 60 wheels

RA 305/30 ZR21 (104Y) XL on 11.5J x 21 RO 60 wheels

Not sure if this is a difference between Turbo and Turbo S.

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
Taycan 4S comes with Hankook 19 inchers as standard

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Taycan 4S with 20" wheels came with Continental all-season

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
I'm in Florida and my Turbo with 21" Mission E Wheels have Continental ProContact RX tires. Continental website describes them as "An all-season touring tire with excellent traction and braking in dry and wet conditions, balanced with superb fuel efficiency and a quiet, comfortable ride."
I’m also in Florida and my Turbo with Mission E‘s are the same.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m also in Florida and my Turbo with Mission E‘s are the same.
Just got confirmation from my dealer that my summer tires on 21" mission E rims will be Pilot Sport 4. Remember, the tires on the Turbo S are different than the Turbo.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I asked Michelin if there are tires that they have that would be available to Taycan owners with 21" wheels, I got this answer:

Thank you for contacting Michelin Consumer Care. I will happy to assist you today with your 2020 Porsche Taycan.

After doing some research, I regret to tell you that Michelin does not a tire for your vehicle. I have also checked BFGoodrich, and Uniroyal as well. Same results.

I apologize for the bad news. If you have any further questions, please contact us.

Again, thank you for contacting Michelin Consumer Care.

Anyone have thoughts on the Continental tires on the 21" wheels? Did anyone get Pirelli Tires on their 21" wheels?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got confirmation from my dealer that my summer tires on 21" mission E rims will be Pilot Sport 4. Remember, the tires on the Turbo S are different than the Turbo.
They don't make Pilot Sport 4 tires that fit the Mission E wheels so I think your dealer is mistaken. 21" Pilot Sport 4 tires are only available in 275, 315, 325; Mission E wheels are 265/305. This from Michelin's website and customer service.
Sponsored