WLG2 Campaign -- software updates

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I never liked the OTA updates on my Tesla model S some where good if not great but most where just annoying and just created other issues especially the time they update the whole display layout and look, it was so radical I and cumbersum I got rid of the car. Ill take major updates at the dealer when I want them anyway over OTA
Exactly my experience with my MS90D. Please, Porsche, do not make us suffer with such updates!

On a side note: Last week my wallbox is overheating so I cannot charge my MS90D anymore. I tested the car on a neighbour charger and it works. SC charging is also working, it's really my wallbox. This is really tricky, because I cannot just rip it off the wall to get it to a SC. I am glad, Porsche was smart enough to make the charger mobile!
Sponsored

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Exactly my experience with my MS90D. Please, Porsche, do not make us suffer with such updates!

On a side note: Last week my wallbox is overheating so I cannot charge my MS90D anymore. I tested the car on a neighbour charger and it works. SC charging is also working, it's really my wallbox. This is really tricky, because I cannot just rip it off the wall to get it to a SC. I am glad, Porsche was smart enough to make the charger mobile!
Probably best to get an electrician to look at the wiring. I suppose you are going to keep the same circuit when your Taycan arrives?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Probably best to get an electrician to look at the wiring. I suppose you are going to keep the same circuit when your Taycan arrives?
Circuit comes from the state grid with dedicated meter and 30kW power. I am sure the curcuit is not the problem but I will do another test with 230V 10A house hold socket, because tonight that also failed.

I want to get another 30kW connection with meter installed for the Taycan, which should come with 22kW AC charging. Looking forward to see that happening.

We might keep the MS90D until I can replace it with an EQS.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Circuit comes from the state grid with dedicated meter and 30kW power. I am sure the curcuit is not the problem but I will do another test with 230V 10A house hold socket, because tonight that also failed.
I meant the connection into the box. The Tesla forums had several posts about the final connection not being secured tight enough.

We are also a 2 EV household now - enjoying the never-again-pump-gas-in-the-cold feeling.....

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I meant the connection into the box. The Tesla forums had several posts about the final connection not being secured tight enough.

We are also a 2 EV household now - enjoying the never-again-pump-gas-in-the-cold feeling.....
So you mean that with frequent cable moving on top of the unit the connection inside might have become loose? That could explain the heat sensor and could be an easy fix.

I just check and can charge on another 240V socket. So could it be that we have not paid the bill for the dedicated EV meter? :surprised:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag

I have 8 different Tesla wall boxes in different places and only one has failed....... they are by far the cheapest and best looking. I use one for my Taycan and it works great.

Anyway, your S should have been delivered with a mobile charger that you can plug anywhere and is MUCH lighter and smaller and easier to use than the stock Porsche charging brick, which you just dont want to be lugging around, in my opinion.....

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have 8 different Tesla wall boxes in different places and only one has failed....... they are by far the cheapest and best looking. I use one for my Taycan and it works great.

Anyway, your S should have been delivered with a mobile charger that you can plug anywhere and is MUCH lighter and smaller and easier to use than the stock Porsche charging brick, which you just dont want to be lugging around, in my opinion.....
@felixtb , have you managed to get the Tesla UMC to charge your Taycan? I can not get it to start charging. The red light at the charge port lights up.

The Wall Connector works a treat but not my small Tesla charger. Would be very handy compared to the big Porsche one

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
@felixtb , have you managed to get the Tesla UMC to charge your Taycan? I can not get it to start charging. The red light at the charge port lights up.

The Wall Connector works a treat but not my small Tesla charger. Would be very handy compared to the big Porsche one
Sorry not tried.... will give it a try when i’m back home. but bought my self the Austrian made very small and handy UMC that was suggested in another thread on the forum.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I was told today my VIN number is not required to have WGL2 installed. My car was completed in early July. last part of my VIN is 51744
I'm 52062, hitting V300 on July 10th. I wonder if I'm in the same position.
Sponsored