So, This Is A Bit Disappointing For Us Early Adopters...

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I totally agree. I'll wait to see what the final reveal is but I'm happy the deposit is 100% refundable. I know the Tesla 3 is more advanced electronically, and for way less money, but it's just not a DRIVERS car. So if I pull my deposit, there's nowhere else to go except the BMW i8 Roadster?

2019-bmw-i8-roadster-101-1541523536.jpg
i8 is a good choice, handles very well, looks very good - has enough of the otherworldly qualities (aesthetically) of the concept to make it interesting
Sponsored

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
The bottom pic is a panamera(to my eyes)! Just look at the height of the roof line and height of the windows compared to the upper pic?

Also, the difference in the slope of the rear “fastback”. The mission E is sharp and “long” while the bottom pic car is bulbous/ humpbacked.....like the first gen panamera!
I agree with your comments, some members fail to see (or at least admit) to the points you make
Like The Snape says, it’s the rear of the car that ruins the aesthetics
I’ve gone full circle now, I believe if the car ends up with the mission E spoiler it will achieve 85-90% the visuals the E had
The suicide doors being the other 10-15%
And as discussed (but generally ignored, for political reasons) on other topics, the removal of the masking and false panels that start just behind the central door pillar will dramatically lower the awful roof line and allow the E spoiler that everyone (most) love

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I agree with your comments, some members fail to see (or at least admit) to the points you make
Like The Snape says, it’s the rear of the car that ruins the aesthetics
I’ve gone full circle now, I believe if the car ends up with the mission E spoiler it will achieve 85-90% the visuals the E had
The suicide doors being the other 10-15%
And as discussed (but generally ignored, for political reasons) on other topics, the removal of the masking and false panels that start just behind the central door pillar will dramatically lower the awful roof line and allow the E spoiler that everyone (most) love
Yeah, I think the car's got a lot of camo on it still. I doubt the suicide doors will make it, but I'm sure that the Mission E spoiler will make it on the Taycan

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
My local Porsche dealer said that Porsche needs to get as close as possible in design to the E. It will be a big mistake if it looks like a Panamera. A lot of depositors are worried. If Porsche is doing the double bubble for Turbo versions, I hope Porsche adds the wide rear fenders and tires for the Turbo versions as well.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
My local Porsche dealer said that Porsche needs to get as close as possible in design to the E. It will be a big mistake if it looks like a Panamera. A lot of depositors are worried. If Porsche is doing the double bubble for Turbo versions, I hope Porsche adds the wide rear fenders and tires for the Turbo versions as well.
In fairness, Porsche is still using the E in promotions, so I would be very surprised if it looked significantly different from the E

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
Odd for Porsche to continually use the Mission E to promote the Taycan...unless of course it looked like the image below...

Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.18.52.png
I’m really excited
Those who held true, ignoring the criticism, are going to be proved right
Those that complained ‘the mules this... the mules that’ ( I’m one of them) will be proven wrong
Looks like it might just be ......AWESOME

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I’m really excited
Those who held true, ignoring the criticism, are going to be proved right
Those that complained ‘the mules this... the mules that’ ( I’m one of them) will be proven wrong
Looks like it might just be ......AWESOME
I always held out hope, but was disappointed by the mules, esp the rear end of the mules. I knew the only way to give the Taycan a shapely, non-Panamera rear end was for the Mission E rear duct/spoiler to be on the Taycan, giving the hips and rear end definition, instead of making it a shapeless blob like the mules were. I was desperately searching for any piece of evidence I could to prove my hope right, thinking the production version might have false panels, knowing that it would be against the law for Porsche to advertise the Taycan using Mission E images, as it would be misleading. I finally have hope. If this looks like the car I saw in the latest teaser video, it will be probably the best looking four-door car in the world.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Another picture from the video

Sorry, it's not the 'Electricity, meet Taycan' video but this one instead

Porsche Taycan So, This Is A Bit Disappointing For Us Early Adopters... Screenshot 2019-07-29 at 13.04.35

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I agree with The Snape. Porsche has now over 30,000 deposits because the majority of people want the aggressive looks, wide rear hips, spoiler etc.My local Porsche dealer said a lot of depositors are worried it will look like the terrible mules. My only positive thought is that Porsche continues to still advertise the Taycan with Mission E pictures with only a few weeks to go. I hope it looks like the E and not the Panamera/mules or I will get my deposit back like many others.

King Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Sad Sad Day... FOR ALL THOSE READING, DON'T GET ANGRY... JUST STATING FACTS

As someone who was literally googling 'Taycan' everyday to leanr the latest and greatest specs, stats, and items about the car religiously...
Something I didn't expect to happen has now occurred. I've finally considered getting another sports car. Why is this you ask... it's simple really.
For the first time in recent memory another dream car has entered into not just myself, but many car enthusiasts mind and I'm sure there are others
thinking the exact same thing as myself. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS YES I UNDERSTAND, as its Combustion vs Electric. But as new sports vehicles entering the market soon. It's now becoming more of a serious consideration for many. What other car you might ask...

The new CORVETTE C8. I'll be the first to admit, hot damn they may have won me over too. As a passerby to that car I've liked it but never actually
loved corvettes. However after actually witnessing whats happened recently and having personally had an opportunity to see it up close. It will be
hard to beat. The price point of $60k usd, the quality of what I saw in an american made fully carbon fiber mid engine super car that matches a
Lambo huracan, or ferrari 488, or even Porsche 911 turbo speed times of 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. (that day they tested it and it clocked 2.8 seconds...like wholy shit!)

My son looked at me and said 'Dad, I hate to admit it but this actually looks a lot better than the TAYCAN you've been religiously waiting
for." and you know what, I really couldn't argue with him. I felt fr the first time like pulling my reservation deposit with only the last hopes that the design
of this awaited electric vehicle still blows us all away. Porche, the Taycan has an opportunity to do just that, please don't disappoint us.

My entire order now hangs on the balance of what this thing actually looks like. I don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks... We have all fallen victim
with an idea that this vehicle with super car looks and being great to the Earth with amazing speed numbers with fill a hole in a our hearts.
For this entire web page and even the crazy Porsche enthusiasts around the world I pray were not all wasting our time for some foolish & ugly
looking mule caught in most of these images. Like you all I'm sure we dreamed one day of owning a 911 or that dream sports car that checked
all of the boxes. To me Porsche has always been an aspirational brand that delivers LUXURY, SPEED, LOOKS, HANDLING, and most importantly
reliability to a degree not present in most brands.

So... for the moment my enthusiasm for the production Taycan has been muted. Yet slightly changed to another vehicle. Here's to hoping that
Porsche hasn't been using a BAIT & SWITCH tactic by shoving this Mission E in front of us and delivering something else.

Porsche Taycan So, This Is A Bit Disappointing For Us Early Adopters... 721189_2020corvettesingrayreveal005

Last edited:

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
I hope the new Corvette rides better than everyone I have driven. They will rattle your teeth out of your head. :)
I do not understand you comparing these two cars, it’s like comparing apples and oranges especially since one is a carbon burner and the other electric. Do you purchase by looks only? Just curious, not trying to be a jerk.....

King Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I hope the new Corvette rides better than everyone I have driven. They will rattle your teeth out of your head. :)
I do not understand you comparing these two cars, it’s like comparing apples and oranges especially since one is a carbon burner and the other electric.
Normally I would completely agree. However were all here with an idea of buying a Sport-scar. Electric or not, understand that I'm a NON CORVETTE FAN, that's been at an unveiling and was blown away. I'm only voicing what others have also been talking about aswell online on other forums.
Where there are folks who put money down on the TESLA ROADSTER that was now considering a
corvette. The new C8 has an Eco mode that uses only 4 cylinders only when needed too.

My first choice remains the TAYCAN. but how are you going to feel if it ends up being $120k+ and looks like those ugly mules or the baby Panamera. Will you still invest your money into that?

Because the word from the dealers in LA that its going to look EXACTLY like the current mules with a few slight changes. I'm hoping their just bullshitting me but if thats the case then I'll be one of the first to give the Vette a try.

BTW, while we were not able to test drive the car. the professional driver there at the event did and it felt and looked fucking amazing. I know luxury quality and they really hit a home run on this new vehicle. One of the engineers admitted they consulted with brands like Mclaren for the C8 design, and built the clutch gearbox and transmission off of a Porsche PDK; https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28456562/c8-corvette-mule-used-porsche-gearbox/ See for yourself.

Anyways, that was just my rant in the hopes that Porsche still has something to surprise us with yet.
At the moment, I don't believe there is.

Last edited:

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
Believe me.....I will not make a final decision on the Taycan until they unveil the final product and I see a ton of good pictures or one at the dealership. This is a huge purchase! I will drop dead if Porsche is not sending at least one unit to every dealership for display by the October reveal. I will not buy sight unseen. I also expect a super duper pamphlet sent to me by Porsche by October with all the specs., options etc. If they think they can sell 30,000 units right away with some of the smoke and mirror advertising they have used so far they are in for a surprise. Not going to buy just for the name..... :)
Sponsored