Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The thing I really, actually want is Dog Mode. Truly useful and protective of the car (since people will break the windows of a car even if it's clear the dog is sitting in air-conditioned splendor)...
You can do that better with a note on the windows, since not everyone who would break a window, will look at the screen to see it is in dog mode.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The thing I really, actually want is Dog Mode. Truly useful and protective of the car (since people will break the windows of a car even if it's clear the dog is sitting in air-conditioned splendor)...
Piece of paper: "Airco On. Fuck Off".

• Haha
Reactions: Vik

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
You can do that better with a note on the windows, since not everyone who would break a window, will look at the screen to see it is in dog mode.
It's not just the display (though that does help), but also the temperature control that works beyond an hour...especially since Connect connectivity is poor.

Piece of paper: "Airco On. Fuck Off".
I am not sure that giving concerned citizens the finger is the best way to avoid vehicle damage. You'll have to let me know how this approach goes. :cool:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I am not sure that giving concerned citizens the finger is the best way to avoid vehicle damage. You'll have to let me know how this approach goes. :cool:
Lol, of course you don't put that on.
Just "Relax, Airco Is On" would be better.
The purpose of my reply was to be creative cuz people are just stupid and don't give 'm a reason to smash your window.
A sign works better than a msg on the cemter display.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's not just the display (though that does help), but also the temperature control that works beyond an hour...especially since Connect connectivity is poor.
Personal pet peeve of mine (pun intended) is that if you need to keep a dog in an unintended car for more than 10 minutes while you go into a store and pick things up for instance, you should keep the dog at home. Keeping a dog in a car for over an hour during high temps is an odd decision.

Even then it isn't as if Dog Mode is perfectly safe:

the app notified me that climate has turned off due to a climate system error. Then I checked interior car temperature was at 109 degrees!!! Luckily, my dog was ok, but that was no fun.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Personal pet peeve of mine (pun intended) is that if you need to keep a dog in an unintended car for more than 10 minutes while you go into a store and pick things up for instance, you should keep the dog at home. Keeping a dog in a car for over an hour during high temps is an odd decision.
I'm aware of the concern, and as a long-time dog-and-animal-loving family with a wife who's a veterinarian, aware of the risks. There are many situations where the dog is along on a trip and cannot be "left at home" (where, frankly, the AC can fail in a similar way, but without the notification)...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
(where, frankly, the AC can fail in a similar way, but without the notification)...
That is exactly why you don't keep a dog or baby or other helpless creature that depends on you in a car like that. Yes, the AC can fail, and the notification didn't even happen until the car was at 109. Good thing the person noticed the notification otherwise the dog would be dead.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Given that the 2020 cars were faster than their published numbers, I only trust dyno numbers and numbers from the strip. Porsche could advertise faster numbers without changing anything. :p
Almost for sure there is n
Given that the 2020 cars were faster than their published numbers, I only trust dyno numbers and numbers from the strip. Porsche could advertise faster numbers without changing anything. :p
Yes, I strongly suspect this is the case. Note their statement (bold is mine):

“The acceleration values of the Taycan Turbo S ... have also been improved”

Since they did not say '...the acceleration has improved...', and there is no mention whatsoever of any hardware of software changes, I believe they have simply 'optimized' the numbers. ;)

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
That is exactly why you don't keep a dog or baby or other helpless creature that depends on you in a car like that. Yes, the AC can fail, and the notification didn't even happen until the car was at 109. Good thing the person noticed the notification otherwise the dog would be dead.
Wife Mode Request... locks the doors, windows tint and temperature raised to 100c. I’d pay Porsche prices for that! Hehe.

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
After the WMA5 update on a 2020 still no FOD options available for purchase on the Connect website?
Correct, all that is available in the Porsche Connect Store for my 2020 is the Car Security Package. I do have ACC so was expecting to see Innodrive and Active Lane Keep. I want the ALK, don't care about Innodrive.
Sponsored